Neverwinter Nights News

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Neverwinter Nights News

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 18 May 2006, 05:19

Since there are a number of HOMM fanatics who also enjoy rpgs I though I'd pass this along.

"Infinite Dungeons" is a new premium module that will be released soon. From the description it looks like it will be worth the money, though it is a large download for those of us who still use dial up. I probably won't be initially downloading it since HOMM5 comes out about the same time here in the US but it is something to keep an eye on.

Infinite Dungeons Premium Module May 24
http://nwn.bioware.com/premium/module_i ... geons.html

If you have ever used the fan made PRC pak for neverwinter nights you will probably want to download this. If you have never tried it, it adds tons of content. New races, spells, skills, classes, ect. While I have not tried this new version yet I have played with the versions that came before 3.0.

Player Resource Consortium version 3.0b
http://www.nwn-prc.com/

GOW

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 May 2006, 01:34

Speaking of NWN:

NWN 2 system requirements:

„Minimum, right now, is looking like a 2.4GHz P4, 512MB of RAM, NVidia 5600Ultra or ATI 9500pro or better and broadband for multiplayer.”
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 21 May 2006, 05:42

I just downloaded update Ver. 1.67 but I can't figure out how to install the thing. I still have everything in a zip file. Where do I put the large FTP file, and do I replace the existing 2DA zipped file? Help would be appreciated.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 21 May 2006, 08:26

ThunderTitan wrote:Speaking of NWN:

NWN 2 system requirements:

„Minimum, right now, is looking like a 2.4GHz P4, 512MB of RAM, NVidia 5600Ultra or ATI 9500pro or better and broadband for multiplayer.”
Everything is starting to require broadband now. I guess its getting time for me to look into DSL.

From what I remembered 1.67 unziped to an executable and I just ran that.

Edit: Have you tried the update button when you launch the game? It should search for an update and automatically install it.

GOW

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Neverwinter Nights News

Unread postby Derek » 21 May 2006, 15:49

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:Since there are a number of HOMM fanatics who also enjoy rpgs I though I'd pass this along.

"Infinite Dungeons" is a new premium module that will be released soon. From the description it looks like it will be worth the money, though it is a large download for those of us who still use dial up. I probably won't be initially downloading it since HOMM5 comes out about the same time here in the US but it is something to keep an eye on.

Infinite Dungeons Premium Module May 24
http://nwn.bioware.com/premium/module_i ... geons.html

If you have ever used the fan made PRC pak for neverwinter nights you will probably want to download this. If you have never tried it, it adds tons of content. New races, spells, skills, classes, ect. While I have not tried this new version yet I have played with the versions that came before 3.0.

Player Resource Consortium version 3.0b
http://www.nwn-prc.com/

GOW
Ah, before I go...

'Infinite Dunegons' is looking to be loads of fun. I have bought two of the other premium modules, 'Kingmakers' and 'Pirates of the Sword Coast' and was entertained by them, more so 'Kingmaker' which is one of the best rpgs I have ever played. I cannot wait until I can run around in Undermountain in random dungeons, by all accounts over 1000 possible dungeons, with my pals and slap some Archmage around. Good times, good times.
Hell has frozen over...

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 24 May 2006, 04:58

Well, when I DLed 1.67, I did it from the NWN update when I ran the game. I got the zip file, but there was no EXE included unfortunately. Now, I do have NWN Diamond edition, and I've read where I have to do some other stuff, I guess, in order for it to work right. I guess Bioware thought that Ver. 1.66 would be the last. I'll have to reDL the new update and try it again....sigh.

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 25 May 2006, 01:17

^
Try the critical rebuild, or check the NWN forums for help.

I just downloaded Infinite Dungeons and had quite a bit of fun trying it out on my own. I'm looking for an adventuring partner, PM me if interested(you have to download, purchase, Infinte Dunegeons to play.)
Hell has frozen over...

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 03 Jun 2006, 03:03

What does anyone think of the 1.67 update?

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 08 Jun 2006, 00:57

ByteBandit wrote:What does anyone think of the 1.67 update?
I love it! Currently I am working on a module, like all the others will likely never be finished :tired: , but I love all of the new scripting functions. All of the new placeables from Pirates of the Sword Coast really allows for me to make some high quality areas, as I'm a stickler when it comes to placeable placement(redundant, no?)
Hell has frozen over...

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 08 Jul 2006, 04:15

Infiinte Dungeons is ok. It adds a lot of new items and gives you a good opportunity to tons of experience, but it isn't anything ground breaking. There are quests, but they aren't really worth doing most of the time. The story is ok, but the boss fights are predictable and have the same conclusion. But for $7, it's not too bad. I found Pirates of the Sword Coast to be much more enjoyable, but it lacks the random dungeon generator of Infinite Dungeons. Bottom line is that it's worth trying out if you are a fan of Neverwinter Nights.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 09 Jul 2006, 17:50

I'm just one of those people who does'nt believe in paying for something that I know nothing about. There are so many excellent fan made Modules on the Bioware site that are even better than the ones Bioware releases. (i.e. Shadowlord, Dreamcatcher.....etc.)

NAG
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NAG » 23 Jul 2006, 13:20

bout nwn....bought it in 203 and am still playing it via an online server. One could say that I´m addicted :-D
Nil volentibus arduum!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jul 2006, 14:47

NAG wrote:.bought it in 203 and am still playing it via an online server. One could say that I´m addicted :-D
Guess you'd have to be to play it for almost two millenia.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 23 Jul 2006, 19:52

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Infiinte Dungeons is ok. It adds a lot of new items and gives you a good opportunity to tons of experience, but it isn't anything ground breaking. There are quests, but they aren't really worth doing most of the time. The story is ok, but the boss fights are predictable and have the same conclusion. But for $7, it's not too bad. I found Pirates of the Sword Coast to be much more enjoyable, but it lacks the random dungeon generator of Infinite Dungeons. Bottom line is that it's worth trying out if you are a fan of Neverwinter Nights.
$7 is the key here, I wouldn't spend more than that for ID. Hack/Slash to the extreme, but if you've got the time(and a friend) then it is quite fun. Personally my favorite module I've played was Kingmaker(Pirates was pretty cool also, there is a certain charm to having scurvey.)

Has anyone played 'Tyrants of the Moonsea' the cancelled premium module? I'd be interested in hearing comments in regards to it.
Hell has frozen over...

NAG
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NAG » 24 Jul 2006, 13:56

ThunderTitan wrote:
NAG wrote:.bought it in 203 and am still playing it via an online server. One could say that I´m addicted :-D
Guess you'd have to be to play it for almost two millenia.
lol
Nil volentibus arduum!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jul 2006, 21:27

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jul 2006, 21:45

And *ahem* it can be pre-ordered here.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 28 Jul 2006, 22:53

ThunderTitan wrote:New NWN2 preview. Enjoy:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/neverwinter-ni ... 531p1.html
This game is going to be so buggy on release, and the thought of no DM client at the launch is laughable.
Hell has frozen over...

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 28 Jul 2006, 23:05

They describe the game as a potential system hog. Even the previous game was never really smooth, even on a strong computer.

And the official campaign was so dull. I really wanted it to be something like Baldur's Gate... :mad:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jul 2006, 23:29

Well SW: KotOR 2 had a pretty great story, even if they cut it's end. Hopefully that won't happen here.

As for bugs, don't buy it until they fix most of them with patches. Teach them a lesson.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”