Disciples 3

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 18 Feb 2008, 11:06

http://elveone.gametrailers.com/gamepad ... logarchive

Probably best place to find D3 info and it has somewhat new interview. Developers promise deep storyline and that game will be complete in early 2008 8|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Feb 2008, 09:59

TheUndeadKing wrote:Yes, that and I think the summoned creatures should be able to act in the same round they were spawned.
Air Elementals for sure... with maybe more defensive ones acting later (lets say Earth Elementals).

And is it just me or do the new in-game screens look alot better? Think they where edited?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 19 Feb 2008, 16:04

The graphics keep improving and look as good as H5 ones, tough a weak Pc is needed to play the game.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 19 Feb 2008, 18:15

Akul wrote:The graphics keep improving and look as good as H5 ones,
lol

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 19 Feb 2008, 18:28

lol
What a deep reply... you can tell the meaning of not just the whole post, but of the life itself from it!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Feb 2008, 10:34

you don't think D3 looks better then H5?

plus, imo H5's graphic engine doesn't justify the requirements... it's just Warcraft 3 with more pixels...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 21 Feb 2008, 18:11

ThunderTitan wrote:you don't think D3 looks better then H5?

plus, imo H5's graphic engine doesn't justify the requirements... it's just Warcraft 3 with more pixels...
Judging from the pictures shown here, H5 looks better. Maybe the art style of D3 doesn't strike me well as it looks both granular and dull to me.

And I think H5 looks a lot better than Warcraft 3. Doesn't look nearly as childish or bulky as W3. Units and terrain look miles better in H5.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 22 Feb 2008, 01:17

D3's graphics are by far better then H5 technically (I model for a living but it's not hard to say even if you don't).

Artistically too, not as much as technically, but I really think H5 graphics were severely hindered by a shallow interface rather then bad models/textures.

D3's artistic style is detailed with a lot of saturated colors and the interface blends perfectly with the game mood.

As for gameplay, we'll have to wait I guess, hopefully the beta will launch soon.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Feb 2008, 17:18

Someone needs to look over H5 cut-scenes again... just look at the characters hands... i believe you'll be enlightened...

And H5 is WC3 had it came out the same year... except that WC3 would have required less sysreqs then even TotE (which runs better then H5 vanilla with the latest patch 4 me). The diff between unit concept is more about US vs French styles of "childish" art. Both are national takes on anime, just like anime was a japonese take on Disney i believe.

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 23 Feb 2008, 12:40

Technicalities in graphics doesn't mean squat as many H2-fans here can say to you. And when it comes to art, well, art is subjective. What you mean by "shallow interface"?

Anyway, I'll be somewhat disappointed if they can't manage to increase tactical and strategical depth, as well as AI of Disciples.
ThunderTitan wrote:Someone needs to look over H5 cut-scenes again... just look at the characters hands... i believe you'll be enlightened...

And H5 is WC3 had it came out the same year... except that WC3 would have required less sysreqs then even TotE (which runs better then H5 vanilla with the latest patch 4 me). The diff between unit concept is more about US vs French styles of "childish" art. Both are national takes on anime, just like anime was a japonese take on Disney i believe.
Cutscenes are less than 0.01% of my actual game time and mostly appear in campaigns. So their appearance isn't big deal to me.

I think Blizzard has, graphic-wise, done only great videos the graphics of games themselves have been merely ok (except Diablo 2 which looked worse to me than Diablo 1). They do have their similarities true, but H5 art is more than just W3 with more "pixels".... I bet there are whole lot of more polygons. :tongue:
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 23 Feb 2008, 13:33

Humakt wrote:Technicalities in graphics doesn't mean squat as many H2-fans here can say to you. And when it comes to art, well, art is subjective. What you mean by "shallow interface"?

Anyway, I'll be somewhat disappointed if they can't manage to increase tactical and strategical depth, as well as AI of Disciples.
ThunderTitan wrote:Someone needs to look over H5 cut-scenes again... just look at the characters hands... i believe you'll be enlightened...

Cutscenes are less than 0.01% of my actual game time and mostly appear in campaigns. So their appearance isn't big deal to me.

I think Blizzard has, graphic-wise, done only great videos the graphics of games themselves have been merely ok (except Diablo 2 which looked worse to me than Diablo 1). They do have their similarities true, but H5 art is more than just W3 with more "pixels".... I bet there are whole lot of more polygons. :tongue:
I'm a Heroes 2 fan, and as one I'll say that the graphics in H2 were one of the techincally best ones at the time of the game release. Art is subjective but only to a degree imo. Ripoffs and plain design are easy to notice and don't have a lot of fans.

As for the shallow interface, I mean that there are many details aside from polygons and textures (menus, icons, pop ups, messages etc.) H5 could have been equipped with, sadly their absence makes the game suffer artistically, as far as I'm concerned.

It's true that Heroes 5 has more polys per model, but the animation blizzard infuses their characters with makes up for it even though wc3 came out quite a bit prior to H5.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Feb 2008, 11:46

Humakt wrote: Cutscenes are less than 0.01% of my actual game time and mostly appear in campaigns. So their appearance isn't big deal to me.
Which completely misses the point... cut-scenes have the zoom turned up and are supposed to be at max video quality as they are recorded and not generated by your own rig, like the dialogs and the in-game graphics.

Humakt wrote:They do have their similarities true, but H5 art is more than just W3 with more "pixels".... I bet there are whole lot of more polygons. :tongue:
Why yes, with smaller pixels you can put in more details... absurd, i know... :rolleyes:

Also, you might want to check out Etherlords to see the engine used in Heroes or a precursor to it that is closer temporally to WC3.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 25 Feb 2008, 10:05

Humakt wrote:Technicalities in graphics doesn't mean squat as many H2-fans here can say to you.
Only if game is not 3d.
Humakt wrote: And when it comes to art, well, art is subjective.
Jeez, not again ... Art in video games !! is much more objective than subjective. Its not some kind of avant-garde underground art movement. Cubism might be subjective, Dada might be subjective, video games art - is not (well apart from few indie game projects)

And about "shallow interface". Look at this screens:
http://www.kingsbounty.ru/show_scr.php? ... cr88&res=2
http://www.kingsbounty.ru/show_scr.php? ... cr87&res=2

That is nice interface appearance. A thing that is almost absent in H5

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 25 Feb 2008, 19:38

Not sure how many of you know, but the Thief is now a full-fledged hero, he can still perform things he did before and gain exp if he succeeds (although I doubt he's getting hanged the moment he fails) although for that he has to separate himself from his army.

This is good news to all Guildmaster players, although the ranger hero will probably be given a new leader faction.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 25 Feb 2008, 22:24

Judging by this screenie:
http://d3.heroes-centrum.com/obr/dat08/d3_new05.gif

both leaders and units shall be able to wear items, thanks to the Random Item Generator. Also, I woudn't be suprised if we were able to increase the parameters of units as well every time they reach a level (for those who still don't know, you are now able to increase parameters (strength, dexterity, intellect...) of your leader and lord every time you reach a new level).

Also, ruins and such shall now be multileveled.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Feb 2008, 16:19

Putting items on units? That's gonna be a bitch to balance...

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 26 Feb 2008, 16:25

Nope I just read on their forums that units won't be able to wear items, that guy is just a shot from a "working version" as they say.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Feb 2008, 17:10

Tank got...

MER
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MER » 27 Feb 2008, 11:54

I like the style but why are all screenshots so so dark and foggy. They could've made it a little brighter

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 27 Feb 2008, 16:12

MER wrote:I like the style but why are all screenshots so so dark and foggy. They could've made it a little brighter
Because thats the Disciples style. The game tries to have as little brightness as posible.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”