Open Source Master of Magic HD Multiplayer Remake

Because we play other games too.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

Blake
Peasant
Peasant

Open Source Master of Magic HD Multiplayer Remake

Postby Blake » Jun 8 2019, 10:30

If there's any good old Master of Magic fans lurking in these forums I've recently made a video (as part of a up and coming Civ related games in HD series) touring what I feel is the best MoM fan project out there called Master of Magic – Implode’s Multiplayer Edition, a brilliant Open Source Java MoM engine rebuild that supports larger maps, up to 14 players (either Human or AI), and any modern resolution like HD 4K etc. The only it's missing is AI and some good bug fixing and polishing.

Image Image Image Image

Although sadly it's creator Implode has gone AWOL and the project has been inactive for a while now.. :(

But hopefully one day he'll return to it, or someone else will finish what he started due to it being opensource...

Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Open Source Master of Magic HD Multiplayer Remake

Postby Pol » Jun 8 2019, 15:09

Hmm, I was playing that roughly 2yrs ago, everything was looking nice then. Though, there are bugs. This is still excellent and stable MoM in new Java coat.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Blake
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Open Source Master of Magic HD Multiplayer Remake

Postby Blake » Jun 9 2019, 8:25

Yeah it's probably one of my most wanted fan projects to be finished. Sadly I don't know if Implode will ever come back to it properly and finish it. The only comfort I have is that its opensource so at least there's a chance others might work on it one day.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”