Starflight 3

Because we play other games too.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

Blake
Peasant
Peasant

Starflight 3

Postby Blake » Sep 15 2018, 15:26

You guys seen the new official Starflight 3 game in the making? Cool to see this 30yr old dead franchise coming back to life! Not sure if it'll get funded though as so many years have passed! Plus a lot of people have never heard of Fig.
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/starflight-3

Announcement Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJy-fZ-BJvY
Last edited by Blake on Sep 15 2018, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

jeff

Re: Starflight 3

Postby jeff » Sep 16 2018, 3:15

There was an earlier attempt at Starflight 3 several years ago that ended up making little progress; hopefully this one will fare better. Starflight 1 was the first RPG like game I played on an old Heathkit computer with its 8088 cpu and two 5 1/4 floppy disk drives. Getting old
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Blake
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Starflight 3

Postby Blake » Sep 16 2018, 11:06

jeff wrote:There was an earlier attempt at Starflight 3 several years ago that ended up making little progress; hopefully this one will fare better. Starflight 1 was the first RPG like game I played on an old Heathkit computer with its 8088 cpu and two 5 1/4 floppy disk drives. Getting old

Hey Jeff! Yeah that was the fan made SF3 project which has died and restarted about 4 times now lol!!! Whereas this one is actually official and from the original SF1&2 designer Greg Johnson.

Speaking of the failed SF3 fan project I've been working lately on collecting the various different source files from the project and compiling them into playable demos I can release to the public soon.

If you're a old Starflight fan then feel free to come join the Starflight Fan page on fb as we're covering the official sequel, doing videos of old rarely seen SF fan games and if that's not enough we're supporting a rather talented ex-bethesda employee working on a fan remake of Starflight 1 too!! His work looks amazing!
Last edited by Blake on Sep 16 2018, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”