The Witcher series

Because we play other games too.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

Kalah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Witcher series

Postby Kalah » Jul 17 2017, 2:11

Finished Witcher 1; have I mentioned how much I like the conclusion to the final boss fight? There he is, the big villain, about to get slain and as he knocks away my steel sword I simply draw the silver one to finish him off, and he says: "That sword is for monsters!" Yeah, exactly. :-D

Depending upon which quests you completed, there's even an added bonus to the moral: my silver sword is the Aerondight, given to me by the Lady of the Lake as she made me one of her righteous knights - and that's the sword I used to kill the bad guy. Very apt. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Banedon » Jul 22 2017, 7:35

Lol Kalah playing the series in the wrong order.

I just finished Witcher 1 again as well. When I first played through it all those years ago I had thought it was a great game, but now I don't feel so anymore. There're just a lot of weaknesses: inventory management is annoying as hell, lack of equipment progression, and plot holes (especially the "random" Chapter 4). The choices are not that hard either. Still good, but not great.

I wound up using a save editor to make potions + give some extra levels (I'd already ground 1+ levels in chapter 1 and got bored). I might play through again, on the last path.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Kalah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kalah » Nov 4 2017, 17:52

Wrong order? :??

I started with W1, then W2, then W3. Liked the latter so much I played it twice. Then I recently replayed the whole series again, taking a different story path. Probably won't play W1-2 again, but W3 I probably will.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Panda Tar » Nov 7 2017, 17:34

I tried playing the first one and got a bit annoyed by the fighting mechanics. Didn't feel like trying again. So, I winded up playing W3 really first, then bought W2, but haven't started it yet. I still didn't finish W3. I'll finish it, then I'll play W2 and W3, but I'm not really inclined at playing W1.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”