E3

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

E3

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 20 Jun 2015, 10:29

So, now that E3 is done, any impressions?

I haven't yet watched all the conferences (Nintendo and Bethesda still left), and generally there's nothing all that impressive, but this trailer did catch my eye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE

Up to 2:00, it feels like a showcase of how Might and Magic IX (and perhaps also X) should have been done. It's going a bit too much into the extremes, but the general feeling is just right. The mix of Sci-fi and Fantasy has always been core, and I would have loved to see more of the former like that. Even with MM7 Light story becoming canon, we didn't get to see much of anything...

Another thing I noted, and am quite torn about, is Mass Effect Andromeda. It looks real cool (the Mako is back, woo!), but ever since EA took over, I don't feel like participating in their DRM schemes at all. And fat chance this would be available DRM-free. The best I could hope for is for a native Linux client, but even then that's doubtful. Grr. So I guess I'll just wait for the release and see whether it's as good as Mass Effect 1, and then decide on something...

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Re: E3

Unread postby Bloax » 22 Jun 2015, 23:24

GreatEmerald wrote:this trailer did catch my eye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE
I can see why. It's a truly bizarre setting, and very much reminiscent of what 'could have been' if you let the original Might and Magic setting get off the chain and go crazy.

Boohoo, console exclusives though.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 25 Jun 2015, 10:45

I agree Horizon Zero Dawn looks fantastic. I wish it were coming to the PC as well.

But one of my wishes did come true, Dishonored 2 was announced as well. The other thing I was also hoping for was a new Elder Scrolls game, but that probably won't happen for another couple of years.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”