Kings Bounty - Dark Side

Everything related to either original King's Bounty from NWC or to any of it's ascendants being developed by 1CEntertainment.
Pol
Admin
Admin

Kings Bounty - Dark Side

Unread postby Pol » 16 Nov 2014, 20:45

Played a bit, must say I'm ravished.

Being on the dark side is fun. Picked succubus as my heroine. Only heroine available.
Don't read further if you are not adult, lack sense for humour, you are pious, pacifist or don't like sex - if any condition is met, don't play it - you may found it offensive. Keep my warning in mind.
* playing style similar to Paladin, might and magic blend. Rely on spells combo, full tree unreachable.
* pretty funny, wicked and witty dialogs (often but no always)
* in some aspects reworked quest systems, faster, cleaner now, they cut down traveling considerably. Still you ride your horse a lot.
* September patch was applied.
* quests now even more touching and paraphrasing real life, of course including the effective solutions (Expect to put 90% of your money to bribery, overpriced item quests, necessary runes, simply oiling the machinery of evil.)

* still long and countless battles, from medium to the end game stage
* beginning doesn't feel so polished like previous titles, namely Legacy and Princess, leaving rushed feeling
* 1C didn't found forum for the game, at least not in english, existence of map editor dubious, if ever

* didn't finished yet so cannot spoil anything :devious:

Recommended? Yes, if you liked previous titles.
Last edited by Pol on 05 Aug 2021, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Nov 2014, 12:52

I almost forget.

* Opera music in main menu! Perhaps more new bits however mostly classic from KB:AB or Legacy - they had the same set.
* New spells
* Learns company management (The truth!)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Nov 2014, 22:31

Some illustruous screenies, watch closely.

Edit1
Played on CPU APU AMD A10-7850K, RAM 8GB DDR3 1333, MB FM2A88X+, HDD 1TB ST1000VX000 with relatively smooth performance. Game is not too demanding.

Edit2
- few times but at bad moments crash
- no autosave when you are changing room via gate, you need to do it yourself before
- funny but not thought out scenarios, so you walk a little bit too much and think little less than you should
- your magic "pet" is "mimic", no character on its own

Still not finished the game.
Last edited by Pol on 03 Apr 2015, 22:01, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Dec 2014, 15:11

Huh, what is this again?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 12 Dec 2014, 06:11

parcaleste wrote:I am just playing "Dark Side"... well, it is as awesome as it comes. Some new units introduced like the Dragon Riders and the Amazons, finally I think the Warrior class is not OP compared to the others - playing with the Vampire right now and having a blast. Curious about the Demoness/Paladin class, as it was the best in the first game and then nerfed into oblivion.

Still nothing better than the Red Dragons strategy, though. :(

... and still I love the game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Kings Bounty - Dark Site

Unread postby Pol » 05 Jan 2019, 20:47

Walkthrough from Steam - read it before playing. There are some things which you should know before starting some quest. Like what is the deal with Female Vampires, why they cost so much, where are last three and such. Game require some order and saying "no" to progress.
"We made it!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 17 Jun 2019, 20:07

*owns the game as well* ;)
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Jun 2019, 10:20

And do you like it?

I must admit that I never finished it, fall into some bad choices trap. Better to stick with walkhtroughs a bit.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jun 2019, 19:08

Oh, I have this game since 2017. Have not played it yet though. :slap:

There were sales, I think it was summer sale. Then I bought all KB I found, but didn't play any of those yet. Need to get in the vibe of these games yet. Heroes fiascos affected me too much. :(
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Jun 2019, 19:40

Legacy and Armored Princess are the best. You really mean that I did that silly mistake in title?

DS needs to be played with tutorial at a reach as there are some choices which will complicate or prevent ending the game. Two or three, just a few really, mostly about these Dragon Riders - Princess. Where you need to cheat as hell - cuz, you are evil, you cannot do it right. :P

Load of fun. The games provide a good load of fun! And we have skill wheels for the first two too.
Last edited by Pol on 26 Jun 2019, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jun 2019, 20:40

I really need to get my mood for the game. I am only playing CQ and One Finger Death Punch 2. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “King's Bounty”