Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Lords of Magic: Legends of Urak Mod

Unread postby orzie » 12 Sep 2013, 12:03

LORDS OF MAGIC: LEGENDS OF URAK MOD

Although I am a big fan of HMM2-3-4 and MM6-7-8, I would like to mention here my another love from the very past.

This game is called Lords of Magic: Special Edition, and I am to concern its included addon named Legends of Urak, which itself is a set of 5 "campaigns" possessing unique storylines and several new features.

I am currently creating the new Legends in the way the classic ones were made. The process itself doesn't differ from game script modding, so it can be considered as a mod, as no campaign editor was created by Sierra Impressions.

My project can be watched on Mod Database, the Life legend is coming really soon.
The only alive Lords of Magic community can be also visited. The aspects of modding are also discussed there.

Cheers and thanks for attention!

Image Image
Image Image[/img]

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 12 Sep 2013, 13:37

I remember this game. It was pretty fun, although I have to say I liked the turn-based combat in the Heroes games better. It's nice to see old games like this still have a following.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 12 Sep 2013, 14:47

Well, not much honestly, as through 15 years LOMSE has only one unofficial patch and two mods (not counting maps and hex-edited savegames, a fan effort to create an alternative to Legends).

That may be explained by the low interest for the game due to glitches and underused features, along with general complexity of modding process (as a modder, I can say that the game language is weird and sometimes even flawed)

My mod is a third one, and is considered to work as an addon to Mantera's LOMSE GS5 Mod, adding new campaigns into. Perhaps I will be able to create more campaigns in future, depending on my free time.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 31 Oct 2013, 09:24

The Lose cutscene for the new campaign is created and already implicated in the game.

Feel free to check it on the new Lords of Magic YouTube Channel!

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”