Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Batman Arkham Orgins

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 30 Jun 2013, 02:53

Arkham Origins is due for October 25.

http://www.batmanarkhamorigins.com/

I briefly played the previous series, Arkham City, and it was great action game. The problem was that the PC version seemed to have some series compatibility issues that led to crashing every time I tried to load a game.

I wanted to play the game so much that I actually spent hours trying all kinds of fixes offered by random people on the interwebs to no avail. :( I probably spent more time trying to fix it than I actually played it. :ill:

Hopefully, the next sequel will be even better and without the constant crashing so I can get another shot at a really fun game.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 01 Jul 2013, 01:19

I didn't enjoy the excessive freedom in City. The linear approach of Asylum worked better in my opinion. I was a bit surprised when the credits started rolling (uhh, that's it?) and never bothered to finish the remaining objectives (or to play the challenges, which seemed to require skills I don't have). Not sure if I'll want to play a third game. We'll see.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 01 Jul 2013, 18:29

Yeah, I'm not sure what was up with those harsh stealth challenges. I think these "stealth" genre of games are my least favorite games of all time.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 01 Jul 2013, 21:23

Looking forward to it. For one thing, it features deathstroke and he's a one those pretty cool character, but one that is hardly featured in animated media. There was teen titans and couple appearances in young justice, but its not nearly as much exposure as such character deserves. There is arrow series now, but still.

I actually liked city more than asylum since asylum seemed to artificially separate melee and stealth part of game. It was like enter room - then its either fist fight or stealth. In arkham city it seemed much more natural.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Batman Arkham Orgins

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jul 2013, 12:46

mr.hackcrag wrote: the PC version seemed to have some series compatibility issues that led to crashing every time I tried to load a game.
The worst problem i had with AC was "this game is not available in your region"...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Batman Arkham Orgins

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 31 Jul 2013, 17:59

ThunderTitan wrote: The worst problem i had with AC was "this game is not available in your region"...
I would bring that up with the UN. ;)

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”