Anyone Playing Eador: Genesis?

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Anyone Playing Eador: Genesis?

Unread postby Sir Alock » 07 Jan 2013, 03:37

Hi All: I picked-up this turn-based strategy game @ GOG (Good Old Games) for $4.99 What a HUGE score! I really love it. It's a cross beween Master of Magic/Age of Wonders/HoMM series. The graphics are kind of old school (I don't care about looks myself...Just gameplay) & the interface is pretty soild. It's not as deep as MoM...but there is a decent amount of depth. The tactical battle screen kind of reminds me of HoMM1 to some extent. It's a fun game made by the Russians (they seem to be the masters of fantasy TB strategy games) as of late.

Please give it a look-see! For the coin it's a real winner!

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 09 Jan 2013, 03:15

Wow....I'm amazed that nobody was commented on this game! Geez...These boards are so DEAD!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Jan 2013, 10:01

Sadly, yes, not much going on these days except H6 and M&M ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jan 2013, 16:25

Geez that's because this game was for ages from Russians to Russians only. So, you're seeking help in the wrong language.

So far I have high hopes for successor "Masters of the Broken World" when it will be ready for launch. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 09 Jan 2013, 17:50

Do you know that Eador Genesis was ported to English correct?

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/eador_genesis

I'll also be on board with Masters of the Broken World as well. Kind of burnt out (a little) w/ HoMM6 myself. Downloaded like 14 old titles from Good Old Games over the hoilday (75% off) Having a blast playing Age of Wonders, Fantasy Wars (much like Fantasy General great game), Disciples II Gold & even D/L Dark Reign. I even got HoMMV Complete even though I own the DVD's. Just easier with DRM-Free. A year ago & scored all of the HoMM series 1-4 from GOG.

Playing some older games can really be a blast!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jan 2013, 22:22

Sure, I know it.

That's probably most positive aspect of Heroes6. It turns you back to good old games. :devious:

Purely from nostalgia I played MoM recently, kicking everyone but as pesky (invisible) artificier. Quite challenging. And funny.

I have just few shelves in GoG palace, not expanding any more but I love them. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 10 Jan 2013, 18:07

Pol: I purchased Masters of Magic from GOG a couple of years ago. what a MASSIVE game! I own the original strategy guide & it's a whopping 350+ pages! I have owned it for years on 3.5 floppy & CD. GOG version works like a charm. Nobody has ever come close to producing a remake for it.

HoMMVI is just ok IMHO. Maybe the add-on might will help it out like TOE did for HoMMV.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Jan 2013, 21:26

Simply true. That game is amazing.

Played it first on the High School and I still don't have enough of it, evidently. :devious:

This game defines a genre.
"We made it!"

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 17 Feb 2013, 02:34

Is this game like Heroes? I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on from the youtube videos because the people were talking about playing the game instead of playing it. :disagree:

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 22 Feb 2013, 20:10

It's not like HoMM @ all...Or I should say to "some" extent! It's so much deeper.....I think if you're younger...You may not apprecaite the game. It's very deep & detailed! It was an MS/DOS based game back in 1994 & the graphics are just ok (too me they are fine) It's not just a "jump-in" & go type of game!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Sep 2013, 13:25

mr.hackcrag wrote:Is this game like Heroes? I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on from the youtube videos because the people were talking about playing the game instead of playing it. :disagree:
It's more like Civilization type of game, in fantasy settings. Deep with just short manual, leaving everything else to figure on you. You are conquering shards of Eador to win.
"We made it!"

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”