Kickstarter - Star Citizen

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
jeff

Kickstarter - Star Citizen

Unread postby jeff » 20 Nov 2012, 23:28

When I was much younger one of the few flight sim games I liked was Privateer and Privateer 2. Now Chris Roberts has an update in production called Star Citizen. What amazed me is he asked for $2 million in donations to finance its launched. He has raised $6.3 million and counting (some of my money is in that). How out of touch are gaming companies when this much enthusiasm is out there for good updates of several games and not targeted. Star Citizen will launch will 100 star systems, an orchestra is going to do the sound track and at least one of the original Wing Commander voice actors is being brought back. Now maybe it will not make another penny. However if it is successful and with the successful funding of MORE the MOO2 update; if both end up delivering what is promised then it may be that the major gaming companies will become less relevant. Now if we can get someone to do good updates of Heroes, Might and Magic and Wizardry; :beg: I would be a very happy camper. An appropriate post for my 3000th. B-)
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 21 Nov 2012, 10:06

yeah as a big Freelancer player I was so excited when I found out Chris was returning to do another big game. Signed up at his site before they even started the campaign. Been great to watch!
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”