Project M.O.R.E. on Kickstarter

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
jeff

Project M.O.R.E. on Kickstarter

Unread postby jeff » 22 Oct 2012, 23:21

After I read Telumehtar's post in the news forum
and any fan of Master of Orion should check out also the project M.O.R.E. on kickstarter

I went to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/144 ... ategy-game and I liked what I saw and have pledged, the project has met two stretch goals including day 1 Mac and Linux support (GreatEmerald). If you were a fan of MOO 1 and 2 you might want to check it out.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 23 Oct 2012, 15:58

I would have been more optimistic if it wasn't 3D, tbh. So many TBS-titles have gone from great to mediocre when "advancing" into 3D.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 23 Oct 2012, 19:51

I agree. A minimal improvement in visuals at the expense of a clunkier interface. Let's keep the TBS old-school.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 23 Oct 2012, 20:26

Ethric wrote:I would have been more optimistic if it wasn't 3D, tbh. So many TBS-titles have gone from great to mediocre when "advancing" into 3D.
Not sure what you mean 3D=suck? You may be right, but I try and be optimistic until disappointed like in UBI. It still looks good if they can avoid the micromanagement mistake of MOO3 and create a good AI. Far too early to tell if it will be great or a bust, but at least they are meeting their reasonable monetary stretch goals. I've wasted money on other games like H-5 so for me it's a small risk.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 24 Oct 2012, 16:38

I'm not saying 3D HAS to suck, but it seems it often does, at least from my point of view. For instance, among my alltime favourite games are Caesar II-III, Heroes I-IV, Lords of the Realm II and Master of Orion II. All the subsequent games in those series are poor to rubbish.

In this case (Project M.O.R.E), there is no actual predecessor to idolize, but I would think one would be quick to compare it to MoO II.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Nov 2012, 16:42

Well MORE successfully funded and met several of its stretch goals. I contributed enough to participate in the polls and will get access to the Alpha testing. So we shall see if it will suck or succeed.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 05 Nov 2012, 15:45

Just out of curiosity, have you played Galactic Civilizations 2 and if so, what did you think of it? What's different about the MORE project that makes it better?
Peace. Love. Penguin.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 Nov 2012, 18:05

Kristo wrote:Just out of curiosity, have you played Galactic Civilizations 2 and if so, what did you think of it? What's different about the MORE project that makes it better?
I have played Galactic Civ 2 and have enjoyed it. For me, it never became as additive as MOO1 or 2; though I still play it from time to time. I had been looking forward to GC3 but its horrible release state kept me away. As far as to what makes it better than GC2 remains to be seen, and depends on which game you like the most MOO2 or GC2, for me it was MOO2. From what I have been able to ascertain from the forums and articles it is more like MOO2 with the several races, planetary systems and with the Antarian like threat stretch goal being met that will be present as well. It is a complete modernization of MOO2, I could do without the 3D graphics, but if it is going to sell in today’s market to the younger player 3D seems a necessary evil. Unlike MOO2 it will also have a campaign, not necessary really as I like playing the random maps. If they create a simple editor for fans to put together a campaign; I may abandon UBI and Heroes permanently. However there is more than a year before it is projected to be released and a lot both good and bad may happen before then.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 25 Dec 2012, 12:11

I've also backed this game, so let's see how it develops out!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Dec 2013, 01:51

The for the latest update a video to show off some of the game as the alpha should be released soon for testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjtxS_WIsRc

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Dec 2013, 11:36

Well there are some things in there that look OK and some things that don't. Maybe I'll have a closer look later.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Sep 2014, 02:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWIAcxsAPPM

This clip is about their kickstarter 2 campaign, it does show a lot of their progress on the game. It should be going to alpha soon. I do have access to the alpha and beta releases.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”