SHAKER: An Old School RPG (Wizardry, M&M)

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
DeTHiCa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

SHAKER: An Old School RPG (Wizardry, M&M)

Unread postby DeTHiCa » 11 Oct 2012, 09:09

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loo ... nd-tom-hal

Developer: http://lootdrop.com/
Shaker: An Old School RPG is a first-person perspective, fantasy/sci-fi game set in a Bridge world between the future and the very distant medieval past. Taking the role of operative James Connelly (you may also customize your lead character), an employee of Shaker Corporation, you are called upon to set right a deadly chain of events that began millennia ago. You and your crew of 3 operatives will be deployed to Antera, a medieval, fantasy world in the distant past. There, under a feudal guise, you must unearth the very beginning of a horrible chain of events and avert it, or the universe we know today will cease to exist in a mere 100 years.
A first-person RPG with Scifi elements? I've been waiting for this for a decade!

Please spread the word guys, I really want this game to be made. We don't see this every day, that someone who designed and helped make Wizardry and Jagged Alliance series, wants to make a game like this!

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Oct 2012, 13:55

Linux as 1.5M stretch goal... Eh... I don't see why it can't be made that on release to begin with. But it's DRM-free and looks like MM indeed (well, it's pretty much like playing as a Guardian in MM, it's more like sci-fi enveloped in fantasy than fantasy enveloped in sci-fi, but it works). So I'll keep an eye on those stretch goals. They have plenty of time to reach them, so perhaps it will work out.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 11 Oct 2012, 17:45

is she a tranny?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

DeTHiCa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DeTHiCa » 22 Oct 2012, 20:10

Uncharted Isles, Mineshaft, Contraption...

In the industry, games are pitched every day. Some make it to the next stage, but many don't, like those named above. We regret to announce that we're adding Shaker: An Old-School RPG to the latter list.

We are profoundly grateful to our fans. You were as excited about this game as we were, and from the very beginning, you encouraged us to post more details about it and even sent in fan art! We have received backing from over 7,000 of you and raised a quarter million dollars in just a few days icon_exclaim.gif. That's humbling and wonderful.

We are profoundly grateful to the press. You covered our Kickstarter's launch and story update and gave it as much attention as you possibly could. It was through your efforts that many heard about our game.

We are grateful to our friends in the game industry who gave us suggestions, support and critique. We are a wonderfully tight-knit community, and we owe you for all your feedback and friendship.

Ultimately, our pitch just wasn't strong enough to get the traction we felt it needed to thrive. Sure, it may have made it. We could have fought our way to a possibly successful end. In reading your feedback and talking it over internally, however, we decided that it made more sense to kill it and come back with something stronger.

In game design, mercy killing is the law.

So, please accept our thanks and apologies in equal order. Expect something more soon.

You may keep in touch by joining our forum, following @LootDrop on Twitter and friending us on Facebook. Again, thanks so much for your help and support!

- Tom & Brenda
Sad.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 22 Oct 2012, 23:00

If I knew they were basically making a "Wizardry 9", I'd throw a whole bunch of money at them. :)

In fact, If I win the lotto, that's would be something I would look at.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 22 Oct 2012, 23:05

GreatEmerald wrote:Linux as 1.5M stretch goal... Eh... I don't see why it can't be made that on release to begin with.
Because only 2% of computers use it. :devil: I agree it should be supported but right from the start?. In any case with only 13 days left and only 245k of 1m the group responsible has announced this is not going anywhere. They seemed to have good credentials but were shooting too high with that type of a monetary requirement.
Variol wrote:If I knew they were basically making a "Wizardry 9", I'd throw a whole bunch of money at them. :)

In fact, If I win the lotto, that's would be something I would look at.
You and me both; the sad fact was that Sirtech had started preliminary work on Wizardry 9 but could find no backers despite a good Wizardry 8 launch, this contributed to them to closing down. :cry:
Last edited by Anonymous on 23 Oct 2012, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 23 Oct 2012, 22:40

^^^^and I'd dedicate it to Ericka, AKA Flamestryke. :)

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”