Command & Conquer: The First Decade...Awesome!

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Command & Conquer: The First Decade...Awesome!

Unread postby Sir Alock » 09 Jun 2012, 00:57

Hello Everyone! My 1st game has HoMM1, my 1st RTS game was Command & Conquer! I have Windows 7 Professional installed in my rig that I built myself. Command & Conquer "The First Decade" runs without an issue on Windows 7! I just went thru the GDI campaign & I loved it!

Do you guys remember the music? It's so "old school" but I love it! I'm 47 & my 1st real game was HoMM1 on a DX2/66 (pre-pentium days) Played it over & over again! I remember when it took forever for New World Computing to come out with HoMM2! Seemed liked it took forever!

Nice to play an old game with so many memories! If any of you don'y have C&C THe First Decade....I would sugguest giving it a try!

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 09 Jun 2012, 08:36

It's been out for free for a while now :) But indeed, my first TBS game was HoMM3 and my first RTS game was C&C: Red Alert 2, with a few tries at Tiberian Sun. Now that The First Decade is out for free (since I lost my CD of it somewhere...), I replayed Tiberian Sun and it was really good. Nod are just so stylish :D And indeed, the music is great. Pretty much every track from Firestorm I like very much. Link Up is probably my favourite of the bunch.

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 13 Jun 2012, 22:26

GreatEmerald: I didn't know that C&C First Decade was available for free now! That's a good thing. I gather I'm a tad older then you (I'm 47) but I like the fact you are still into RA2 & TB Sun. I need to get into TB Sun as I don't remember that much about it! C&C Generals was a flat-out BLAST as I recall!

What is great is it runs on Windows 7 Professional without an issues! No hangs or dropouts to speak of. On C&C 1 I needed to slow down he mouse & game speed to the min. of course. Good stuff! Thanks for the reply!

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 Jun 2012, 10:02

Well, I did have a bit of problems running TS on Win7, mostly when trying to set up internet games. What I don't like about the C&C engine is that when something goes wrong, it just gives you a message that it crashed, and closes, instead of giving a meaningful error message. I did manage to set it up and even play a few internet matches, though. Just that there are not a whole lot of players there these days.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jul 2012, 17:26

Man, the old games are a pain in the ass to control now with their old UI... but i'd buy a RA remake with nothing but an improved UI in a heartbeat, that game was fun.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”