Unread postby DeTHiCa » 05 Apr 2012, 21:28

I stumbled upon this very oldschool flavoured dungeon crawler:

homepage:
http://www.grimrock.net/
a review:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04 ... -grimrock/

WTF is Legend of Grimrock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzIiXx-8 ... r_embedded

Available on Steam and GOG.com since 11th of April.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 06 Apr 2012, 00:02

For that game I did an account at GOG . Who knows, if this game will go good maybe we will see the ressurection of first person party based rpgs? Looks promising anyway.
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

DeTHiCa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DeTHiCa » 06 Apr 2012, 12:37

it would be amazing if they had mod tools for it. people could create outdoor environments, new quests and whole new worlds. Maybe even a might and magic mod for it. :D

Zareth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zareth » 12 Apr 2012, 05:20

This game looks nice but I prefer having a place to sell loot to and stuff.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 Apr 2012, 06:44

It looks quite odd, as in it's an inversion of MM6-8 - instead of being turn-based free-moving, it's real-time grid-based. But I like the graphical style of the game.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 14 Apr 2012, 23:23

The game is a tribute to Dungeon Master imo. And it rocks! Oldschool dungeon crawl fun, played 6 hours so far and I cannot believe that at 2012 I play such kind of game (and with modern gfx!). Great combats, and well made puzzles, I recomend it to the funs of the genre.
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 15 Apr 2012, 19:51

And you can create a party with an axe-wielding minotaur! How cool is that?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Apr 2012, 10:41

Very ;)

Anyway, I am looking to buy this game in the future but I would prefer to get box version of it (and wait for patches first, as game have (or rather had if you look at first patch notes) technical problems).

Who knows, maybe there will be box release in the future (if not, I probably will buy it anyway).

Zareth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zareth » 17 Apr 2012, 04:25

Can you sell your loot here and buy better things or does everything have to be found in some way?

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 19 Apr 2012, 09:31

Based on what I have played so far. It is nothing like Might and Magic at all. However, it is still a fun game, and I am glad to see a FP multi party rpg. SOme of the things I don't like about the game are: only three classes (Fighter, Rogue, Mage) to distribute with four characters, using runes as magic... I haven't seen any healing spells, and the treasure is kind of stingy... you don't find as much good loot as you would in MM. There are no shops in Grimrock based on what I played. However, it is still a fairly decent game if you can get past that, The graphics are nice, and the controls are piratically played similar to MM (movement wise). It is worth a try!
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 20 Apr 2012, 07:30

Don't judge the game as a MnM like title. Belongs to a much diffirend kind of rpgs, much closer at Dungeon Master or Eye of the Beholder series (pure dungeon crawls rpgs). Here there is not complicated stories, open world and variery of skills/items like MnM or Wizardry, but is focused at hardcore tile based combats, solving puzzles and exploration of the huge dungeon. For what it represents is a great game, a survival adventure that can offer you many rpg crawling hours of fun. Still, I prefer too more open worlds like MnM, but I missed a game like this tbh, passed ages to see a new one :-D
(And I wait your game savetara for a good first person MnM-like rpg!! ;) )
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 21 Apr 2012, 04:34

Thanks Lord13! Progress is going well for LOE. Just added 4 new quests in the last couple of days. Been working on the project for at least eight hours a day for the last few days.
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 22 Apr 2012, 16:17

Lord13 wrote:Don't judge the game as a MnM like title. Belongs to a much diffirend kind of rpgs, much closer at Dungeon Master or Eye of the Beholder series (pure dungeon crawls rpgs). Here there is not complicated stories, open world and variery of skills/items like MnM or Wizardry, but is focused at hardcore tile based combats, solving puzzles and exploration of the huge dungeon. For what it represents is a great game, a survival adventure that can offer you many rpg crawling hours of fun. Still, I prefer too more open worlds like MnM, but I missed a game like this tbh, passed ages to see a new one :-D
(And I wait your game savetara for a good first person MnM-like rpg!! ;) )
also, if the Dungeon Master Two-step trick works in the game, it is a Dungeon Master game!
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 22 Apr 2012, 16:18

Zareth wrote:Can you sell your loot here and buy better things or does everything have to be found in some way?
no shops or NPCs, everything is found.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 13 Mar 2013, 16:47

Can be purchased for 3.00 USD in "Pick 5 out of 20 games and save 80%" deal on GOG.com
Less than 6 days left.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”