Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Sep 2011, 21:43

It almost looks like Ubisoft advertisement, but it's just coincidence that I bought the first AC game and the PoP trilogy (a pack). Taking advantage from the prices that dropped a lot (from R$ 99,90 to R$ 17,90, PoP whole pack was also R$ 17,90, so I got 4 games spending less than R$ 36,00 (something like US$ 25,00)), I started playing AC yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far.

Anybody has any views on Assassin's Creed? And what about the second one and the Brotherhood?

I had PoP Warrior Within in past. Don't remember where it went. So I wanted to ask if anybody has any views on the Sands of Time and the Two Thrones?

Another game I was to buy was Fallout 3...then I decided not to give Ubisoft too much of my money in a single strike.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia

Unread postby Humakt » 03 Sep 2011, 03:46

It is commonly viewed that AC 2 and Brotherhood are a lot better than the first AC, and I can personally vouch that. They are both excellent games with an excellent story that is mingled nicely with history. Only real problem is that they are rather easy, especially combat-wise. But there are lot of things to do and places to explore. I especially liked the hidden puzzles. And remember to play them with voice set to Italian.

You can't really go wrong with any game in PoP trilogy, they are all pretty much classics. Stylistically though, Warrior Within differs a lot from Sands of Time and Two Thrones is a mixup of them. They've improved gameplay in each game after another by adding more combat and jumping tricks. Still, I feel the Sands of Time is the best PoP, even though it is the easiest.

Fallout 3 isn't Ubisoft's game.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 03 Sep 2011, 05:17

I'm playing AC2 right now and I love it. First one was great, too, but the cities in AC2 definitely feel a lot more historically real. (Real buildings, landmarks, and political situations.) They're not hard, but who cares? The attention to detail is amazing. They also can get a pinch repetitive, but again I don't really find myself caring.

(I picked up AC2 for about $15 US used on Amazon. At that price it's a steal, and I plan to purchase Brotherhood as soon as I'm finished with this one.)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 03 Sep 2011, 12:29

Panda Tar wrote: I had PoP Warrior Within in past. Don't remember where it went. So I wanted to ask if anybody has any views on the Sands of Time and the Two Thrones?
The general opinion seems to be that WW is the worst of the 3; taking the game too far away from the PoP theme. I personally think that WW is the best; because of the intense atmosphere and gameplay.
Like Humakt says, you can't really go wrong with any of them though.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 03 Sep 2011, 20:16

wimfrits wrote:I personally think that WW is the best; because of the intense atmosphere and gameplay.
That is exactly what I think, too. And as for graphics, WW had the best texture quality in the trilogy. God knows why it got worse in The Two Thrones. :|
Though I must also add that even though it was my favorite game in the series, the story and dialogue in it were pretty weak compared to The Sands of Time. In conclusion (in my opinion):

The Sands of Time - Best Story
Warrior Within - Best Gameplay, Best Graphics
The Two Thrones - Outside of the Dark Prince (which was pretty cool), it was just a "The Sands of Time" wannabe.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Sep 2011, 15:07

Thanks for your views, people. I'm a bit more relieved now. :D

I'm enjoying AC so far, however I'm not yet immersed in the storyline. Perhaps I'm not paying much attention.

I'll by AC2 and Brotherhood for sure, but maybe next year. I'm not sure if my PC will be good to have this game running in it.

I played WW before and I liked it. The Dahaka scenes (when you first play it, that is) were always pretty much intense, and having the possibility to finish that beast off at the end was a very good reward! :)

Are there any patches for these games that are really known of, btw?

I thought Fallout 3 was Ubisoft...why now? hehe Anyway, that's better. ;) Now I can buy it with no regards with Ubi. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 06 Sep 2011, 17:27

I think Ubisoft distributed Fallout 3 in some countries:

http://www.ubi.com/FI/Games/Info.aspx?pId=6861

I played PoP: The Forgotten Sands a few months ago. Combat was smooth and the environments pretty, but I got bored quickly.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Sep 2011, 17:39

The fourth game? I read a bit about it. Perhaps it's just one of the old with prettier graphics? Somehow I never count this one. :D

Just now I started to feel like playing PoP 1 again. Must find a SNES rom... :baby: Good ol' times.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 06 Sep 2011, 20:58

The Forgotten Sands is an interquel, it tells the story between The Sands of Time and Warrior Within. It has better graphics, the gameplay isn't bad either (well most PoP games are fun to play anyway), but overall it's just a weak addition to the trilogy (and it feels a bit out of place).

There's also another Prince of Persia game which came out in 2008. It is a separate game and has a separate story than the trilogy though.

And PoP 1 is best played on PC. ;)
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Sep 2011, 21:34

TheUndeadKing wrote: There's also another Prince of Persia game which came out in 2008. It is a separate game and has a separate story than the trilogy though.
Really? Didn't know. Perhaps they flooded too much PoPs in a short time, then creativity didn't follow? ;|
And PoP 1 is best played on PC. ;)

Surely. :D Loved the areas when you started teleporting back and forth, when you get to face your reflection. I remember when I played that part on SNES and kept killing myself over and over again until the epiphany of not attacking came in mind. So proud I got that day. :proudirule: :lol:

Yesterday I got some flags in AC's tow, Jerusalém, I think, and it showed 6/100. I ran about the city (mostly fightning, because I really got the bad day to bump into soldiers almost all the time, and falling over them while missing the roofs) for a long while but spotted just several more. How important are these? It's a great deal of pain, it seems, specially while traveling on the road.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 06 Sep 2011, 22:19

Panda Tar wrote:Really? Didn't know. Perhaps they flooded too much PoPs in a short time, then creativity didn't follow? ;|
Nah, fans wanted them to continue the trilogy (as fans loved the trilogy and the Prince in it), but they wanted to try something new and different (as the trilogy was pretty much perfect the way it was). This is the game I'm talking about:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/princ ... index.html
(You can also check out YouTube for some gameplay videos.)

It has a new Prince, a new story, a new art style with cel-shaded graphics, new combat mechanics, etc. It's a fun platformer to play too, but overall it was a bit disappointing after the trilogy. As a matter of fact, I think this is why they released The Forgotten Sands, because they knew the fans liked the trilogy better and they knew many fans were disappointed by PoP 2008.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2011, 15:18

TheUndeadKing wrote: It has a new Prince, a new story, a new art style with cel-shaded graphics, new combat mechanics, etc. It's a fun platformer to play too, but overall it was a bit disappointing after the trilogy.
The main problem was that they made the combat boring...

They should have made it so you would get both one-on-one fights against the shadow monsters and group fights against some corrupted humans or something.

And the 1-on-1 fights needed to be more complex, not just a bunch of counters by pressing one button and then attacking.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”