Mortal Kombat: Legacy

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Mortal Kombat: Legacy

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Apr 2011, 18:41

So, anyone else watching this?! BTW, there's violence, in case you live under a rock and don't know what MK is.

Ep. 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6UiEuCYXA

Ep. 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTSEa--Alkw

Ep. 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqlaU5OMsks
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 15 May 2011, 20:58

Watching these makes me want somebody to vomit acid into my eyes, cut off my limbs with a hat, and explode my corpse with lightning. Besides the Johnny Cage one, they are all of low quality. :disagree:

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 16 May 2011, 01:08

I am inclined to agree.. those scenes make me want to poke my eyes out, after I poked the "actors'" eyes out.
Infiltrator out.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 16 May 2011, 17:12

What is it supposed to be? Mortal Kombat was originally awesome, but I lost track after the fourth game and second movie.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 May 2011, 09:40

Web serial to promo new MK game.

Also there are two new episodes about Kitana&Mileena - somehow I like these "modern" episodes instead "outworld".

And why me think that 7of9 is there only to show her Borg implants? :P

EDIT:
Oh, it looks like HVI Sanctuary Tide Master Raiden episode was released yesterday.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 May 2011, 19:59

Avonu wrote: Also there are two new episodes about Kitana&Mileena - somehow I like these "modern" episodes instead "outworld".
Too much exposition... which for someone already familiar with the universe was double boring...

mr.hackcrag wrote:Besides the Johnny Cage one, they are all of low quality. :disagree:
It's a youtube series, what did you want? They enjoyable in a kitschy kinda way.

BTW, here's the original short that got the series approved (poor Johnny, no one likes him): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd4HAtUEdAw
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 25 Jul 2011, 10:16

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2011, 11:04

Finally...

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 25 Jul 2011, 14:11

Never liked Mortal Kombat. Streets Of Rage for me.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2011, 15:38

Man, the bots looked a lot better then i expected and where exactly like in the new game...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Jul 2011, 15:59

I was watching the new games fatalities, but I found the babalities the most amusing stuff. Some fatalities are ok, like Noob Saibot's, but there are just too much of the same like ripping the head off, ripping the arms off (or both). There are others that are coming to be almost passable...but then, at the very end, there a head goes bouncing like a ball, or exploding.

These episodes for Youtube were dreadful, imho. Can't bring out the courage to watch more than two. I sort of enjoyed Raiden's a bit, but poor Johnny Cage seems always to have the most appalling possible storyline.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2011, 19:36

Johnny was always the joke guy...

But watch the latest one.. the CGI Cyrax and Sektor are great.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Jul 2011, 19:45

hatsforclowns wrote:Streets Of Rage for me.
Oh, I remember that one on the Genesis. Good stuff.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Jul 2011, 20:41

ThunderTitan wrote: But watch the latest one.. the CGI Cyrax and Sektor are great.
Yup, they went fairly well. There'll be no Smoke in the game, right? Given they named the other android differently.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jul 2011, 15:38

Panda Tar wrote: There'll be no Smoke in the game, right? Given they named the other android differently.
I'm pretty sure they named the other android differently because he gets his head chopped off... FATALITY!

And the game has been out for months, but only on consoles (i played the demo for it at an event, it was pretty nice, though the directional buttons of the PS3 controller are murder on the fingers)...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 27 Jul 2011, 15:26

Hum, I'm sorta curious about the game. I was once a very fair MK player, back at the old MK 1, 2, 3, Ultimate and Trilogy. When it started coming in "3D", I completely lost interest on it - thus the game just looked and felt wrong.

I enjoyed going through all characters, learning blow-by-blow each of their Brutalities, sometimes getting a fatality right out of the blue (before buying a mag to learn the others). The only thing that was just impossible was winning against Liu Kang on the hardest mode (this I mean on MK3 or Ultimate or Trilogy). He was so damn annoying, cheating all the time, even worst than Mario Kart's cheating. He would jump to counter your jump (reading your commands, of course), throw air fireball, and I swear he did run (giving that little squeal of his when he ran) while LYING just not to get hit by my freezing bolt, countering me with a 7-hit combo that was just enough to kill me and performed a Fatality, so sweet. Not to mention that you couldn't get grasp of him while he was lying as well, or you would be thrown with your feet right into his face, but thrown nonetheless. He would even make that bike-kick of his twice in a room linking a combo, which wasn't possible for us humans, due the time we should hold the buttom to perform the movement.

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 27 Jul 2011, 15:55

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2011, 15:21

Panda Tar wrote:Hum, I'm sorta curious about the game. I was once a very fair MK player, back at the old MK 1, 2, 3, Ultimate and Trilogy. When it started coming in "3D", I completely lost interest on it - thus the game just looked and felt wrong.
Having played the demo i can tell you that it feel more like the original 3 games then the ones after 4...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Sep 2011, 15:35

I does look nice, actually. I couldn't resist and went watching the fatalities. Didn't like many of them, oh well, what I would expect? There's just a limit a game with that gore can do to kill somebody. I just thought they are not so creative these days.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2011, 17:58

Or you're just older and less impressionable.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”