TES V: Skyrim Announced!

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

TES V: Skyrim Announced!

Unread postby Skullmane » 12 Dec 2010, 11:43

Todd Howard announced the game at the Spike Video Game Awards.
It's going to be set in Skyrim and apparantly features some long lost adversaries.
Trailer Link

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Dec 2010, 12:47

Never got into 1st person RPG's...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 12 Dec 2010, 12:56

ThunderTitan wrote:Never got into 1st person RPG's...
You can play Oblivion in third person, if you so desire. Though it's certainly not as appealing.
It's not a mod or anything, a friend didn't like 1st person either, so he played through the whole game in 3rd.

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 12 Dec 2010, 15:23

I enjoyed the trailer. They've been making it for a long time now so it shouldn't dissapoint.
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 12 Dec 2010, 18:19

pirvix wrote:I enjoyed the trailer. They've been making it for a long time now so it shouldn't dissapoint.
hohohohohohoh....
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 12 Dec 2010, 19:41

Talin_Trollbane wrote:
pirvix wrote:I enjoyed the trailer. They've been making it for a long time now so it shouldn't dissapoint.
hohohohohohoh....
I do realize that I may be wrong.
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Dec 2010, 16:03

I hope they've learned from their mistakes in Oblivion and simplified the game mechanics, so that I don't have to think as much.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 13 Dec 2010, 18:38

I hope they make better faces and facial features for the characters this time. I really hate the "botoxed face" look of human characters. With close-ups during dialogues they look very stupid (and funny).
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Dec 2010, 21:47

Skullmane wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:Never got into 1st person RPG's...
You can play Oblivion in third person, if you so desire. Though it's certainly not as appealing.
It's not a mod or anything, a friend didn't like 1st person either, so he played through the whole game in 3rd.
Hmm... must have missed it last time i tried the game... maybe i'll try when this one comes out, if the feature is still in.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 20 Dec 2010, 23:45

They better have werewolves in it and that you can be like one. Like in the Bloodmoon expansion for ES 3 Morrowind, that was epic. That island are part of skyrim, soo.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 23 Dec 2010, 15:59

Orfinn wrote:They better have werewolves in it and that you can be like one. Like in the Bloodmoon expansion for ES 3 Morrowind, that was epic. That island are part of skyrim, soo.
no, but it will have snowcrabs, so the NPCs can talk about them all day long while staring at a wall.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Adrius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Adrius » 28 Jan 2011, 23:08

Ethric wrote:I hope they've learned from their mistakes in Oblivion and simplified the game mechanics, so that I don't have to think as much.
Whoa really? I think it was already overly simple.

I mean... it was like super-accessible. Your average warrior character basically needed to do two things to own everything in the game: Block -> Strike.

If anything they should've deepened the mechanics, something that according to the recent interviews they seem to be doing.

They've added features like Timed Blocking (time your blocking correctly to increase effectiveness), spells that equip like weapons (hold 2 different spells in your different hands to multi-cast!), interactive enviroments (setting fire to bushes and the like) and a bunch of other stuff.

It'll hopefully still be as accessible as Oblivion, but I see no problems in deepening the tactics of the game either.
Last edited by Adrius on 29 Jan 2011, 01:47, edited 3 times in total.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 29 Jan 2011, 00:13

Adrius wrote:
Ethric wrote:I hope they've learned from their mistakes in Oblivion and simplified the game mechanics, so that I don't have to think as much.
Whoa really? I think it was already overly simple.
Took one and a half month and a new guy to bite :tongue:

I was of course being sarcastic. Here, have another cookie ;)

And I for one hope for prettiness AND decent game mechanics. I mean, Oblivion is passable if you mod it to, well, oblivion, but vanilla it's all oooh shiny for a while (well it was when it came out), then hang on, why have they ruined this bit here that I liked in Morrowind, and that, and and and and then you're banging your head on the keyboard in anger. I did, anyway.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Jabanoss
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jabanoss » 29 Jan 2011, 00:21

As long as they give it awesome combat mechanics I'm glad. The rest isn't as important as mods will take care of the rest :P

Judging from one of the latest screen shots it seems as the gameplay will be superb combat-wise. I mean you will be able to duel wield weapons AND magic!! :-D

This thread seems to be missing something...
Oh that's right, NEWS! (hope I didn't come of as cocky there, cause I'm really not :P)

The Technology Behind The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skyrim: Building Better Combat
"If you're cooler then me
doesn't that make me hotter then you?" - Philosoraptor

Adrius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Adrius » 29 Jan 2011, 00:30

I just got trolled by a dinosaur. Jesus.

Oh yeah, chocolate Oblivion ftw.

Too bad like 80% of the mod community currently seems to be devoted to creating the ultimately realistic bouncing boobs.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Jan 2011, 08:05

Someone needs to look up the word Rex already...

Adrius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Adrius » 02 Feb 2011, 02:09

Hey Sparkle, me like nicknames.

I did study latin for a year... didn't deprave me of my sense of humour ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Feb 2011, 07:02

Well i guess at least your better then Will Farrell...

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 14 Nov 2011, 13:43

Spent so far around 10 hours to the new Elder Scrolls part, and I am very disapointed. Terrible interface, uncomfortable gameplay, npc's voice acting and charachters presentation is cold and below average for a high budget game like this, and a "this is a console game" atmosphere at every aspect (menus,inventory,maps etc). I uninstalled it and maybe with some mods and pathches at future will install it again. The funny part is that most review gaming sites put it very high ratings and review it as a classic rpg...
So, anyone else tried it yet?
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 14 Nov 2011, 13:46

Lord13 wrote:Spent so far around 10 hours to the new Elder Scrolls part, and I am very disapointed. Terrible interface, uncomfortable gameplay, npc's voice acting and charachters presentation is cold and below average for a high budget game like this, and a "this is a console game" atmosphere at every aspect (menus,inventory,maps etc). I uninstalled it and maybe with some mods and pathches at future will install it again. The funny part is that most review gaming sites put it very high ratings and review it as a classic rpg...
So, anyone else tried it yet?
I am impressed with it actually... While it still feels a bit bland some times, I'd say that's around as good an open-world single-player RPG can get. However, I'd agree with the user-interface comment because I find it to be buggy and not very user-friendly. I am also a bit ticked off by the fact that the amount of equipable items is further reduced (1 ring? Seriously?).

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”