Dota 2 announced!

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 06 Aug 2013, 11:07

You have to accept them using Steam, then they show up as your DotA 2 friends.

I quite strongly dislike DotA 2 and think HoN is the better MOBA in almost every way, and so won't play DotA 2 unless my friends invite me. If you want to play this, just give me a yell (preferably here, because I barely log on to Steam).
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Aug 2013, 11:48

If you want to play with Kalah you should prepare yourself mentally, he will play badly, and run away when he should have been mini-stunning them (not that he invested any points in the skill anyway), but because of the matchmaking the other team will also suck, so youțll probably be able to win the game by yourself anyway...

Just make sure you have a pusher, otherwise it will take forever to end the game (it will still take about an hour though).

But overall i had fun...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Aug 2013, 13:22

Banedon wrote:You have to accept them using Steam, then they show up as your DotA 2 friends.
Thanks! :)
ThunderTitan wrote:If you want to play with Kalah you should prepare yourself mentally, he will play badly
He he, yes, obviously you will have those challenges when playing with a n00b like me. I'm still trying to learn how to play with the different heroes (gotten pretty good with Sniper and Windrunner, working now with Death Prophet; although I'm pretty useless with melee units) and which items to buy. Still, I'm the kind of guy you can cooperate with, so if you want me to do something in particular, I can take directions. Just tell me "build up your skill #2", "gang up on hero X" or "join in push bottom" ... and you have an ally that will follow orders. :)

Just gotta tell you about this amazing game we had yesterday; we were really on our back foot and getting killed by superior heroes when we decided to make the whole game a team effort. We all assembled and pushed on towers, 5 heroes together, first bottom, then middle, then top. The sheer power of these coordinated pushes took our opponents by complete surprise and by the time they realized what was going on, several of their barracks were gone. When that happens, our creeps will cause so much trouble for them that they have to spread their heroes out, defending. It was so much fun winning this way, by coordinating a team effort. :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Aug 2013, 13:39

Kalah wrote:We all assembled and pushed on towers, 5 heroes together, first bottom, then middle, then top. The sheer power of these coordinated pushes took our opponents by complete surprise and by the time they realized what was going on, several of their barracks were gone. When that happens, our creeps will cause so much trouble for them that they have to spread their heroes out, defending. It was so much fun winning this way, by coordinating a team effort. :-D
Congratulations, you just learned what i tried telling you guys to do the whole game last time we played, to push together and not run alone to another lane after we won a team-fight...

And always remember, if you can take the tower from the baracks, do it, dont chase a kill inside the base, the tower counts more.
Kalah wrote: which items to buy.
Just follow the order Valve gives you, learning alt builds can come later.

Those headers (Starting, Early, Core, Situational) are there for a reason.

I should be back home Saturday night, we can play some more then...

Oh, and the quiz is on the site too, useful: http://www.dota2.com/quiz

Use it to learn the items, thatțs how i didn it after learnign only a few of them while playing dota1.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Aug 2013, 18:48

Yeah, I've noticed those. A lot can be gained if you buy an item that is a good start, but can be upgraded later. I started with the thunder hammer that can be upgraded to the mjollnir, but I'm still working on which items are good for which hero (melee vs ranged vs spellcasters). I wish Aurelain could make a map for the different items. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Aug 2013, 18:11

Hah - n00b no more! This time I was the best on my team, with 14 kills and only 1 death. Got ultra kills and was apparently beyond God-like. :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Aug 2013, 13:39

Yeah, killing noobs doesn't mean you're not a noob, just that you're not a bottom noobs any more...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Apr 2014, 04:21

*Bump*

Sooo, I wanted to play with you guys! :please: I'm a support kind of player. I play OK with few carriers like Ember Spirit and Weaver though.

Please, PM me your Steam nicks so we play anytime soon. :beg: (no ranked matches at first, I promise :rolleyes:)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 24 Apr 2014, 11:31

Well, I'm completely not playing DotA 2 anymore (instead concentrating on HoN).

I don't know if Kalah or TT are still playing though, they never messaged me to play DotA 2 either ;|
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Apr 2014, 12:28

I've heard of HoN, but never got the nerves to play it. Some of my friends play(ed) it, but they prefer Dota. At least in Dota 2 I could sell some items and make a bit of money and buy other Steam games, ahahahaha. Some of those I'm really enjoying.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Apr 2014, 15:00

Are you on Steam, Panda? PM me your nickname for friending, would you.. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Apr 2014, 15:48

Certainly. :-D

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 25 Apr 2014, 11:01

Well there's no doubting that DotA 2 is a lot bigger, more active and more competitive than HoN. I'm not switching though - I believe HoN is the better game.

You can buy new Steam games from playing DotA 2? 8| What is the world coming to!? Free entertainment for all!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Apr 2014, 11:43

Well, there are a lot of players, yes, and some say that it has gotten worse since it became free since there are more bad players. I don't mind that, since I'm not too good myself. ;)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Apr 2014, 14:30

Ah, the cosmetics in Dota 2, those items you buy/win to make your characters look nicer, you see, Banedon. Those items make no difference in gameplay or abilities, they're just eye candy (nice ones :D). Then there's the Steam Marketplace where you can find those for sale, many, many things. There are items you can find for over U$ 500. And people buy. I sold some things I found or unlocked, and with the profits I bought: Final Fantasy VII, VIII, Child of Light, Doom 3 + Expansion, Stacking, Portal 1 and 2, Influent, The Last Remnant, One Finger Death Punch and Don't Starve.

Portal 2 was interesting (btw, it's 75% off right now), because I got a 66% discount coupon by making Steam badges. When you play Steam games, you win some trading cards, right? When you get all trading cards of that game, you can forge a badge (up to 5 times). Then your Steam level goes up. Every time that happens, you usually win a discount coupon, and random Profile Decorative items from that game. That's how I got my Portal 2 discount. And I'm happy I did. The game is fabulous.

Regarding Dota 2, the matches have been a bit more difficult of late, imho. I don't know if it's because more bad players are on my side than usual or because it's been more competitive. Having RANKED match option now, you can find yourself playing against/with very good people. Sadly, when one of them is too bad (or having a bad day, as it happens with all of us), it might just doom and your rating goes down. :)

But I look forward playing with you, Kalah, no matter what. Just keep in mind that one of us will always play with some delay (~200 ping), because of our servers.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Apr 2014, 20:17

Kalah wrote:Well, there are a lot of players, yes, and some say that it has gotten worse since it became free since there are more bad players. I don't mind that, since I'm not too good myself. ;)
DAMMIT KALAH, I SAID BACK!!!!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Jul 2014, 16:13

International 2014 Finals are about to start. 2 Chinese teams going for the great prize! Cheering for Newbee. :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Aug 2014, 14:01

Now there'll be mods for Dota 2. Perhaps it can bring a bit of life to the old same map? Regardless, until the end of the month, Techies will be released to the whole lot that love them, and much disgust for those who hate them. Techies is...charming.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Aug 2014, 16:05

I heard about that. New maps sounds exciting. :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Aug 2014, 19:20

Pudge Wars sounds fun.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”