Dota 2 announced!

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 17 Oct 2011, 14:05

Any of you guys got a beta key? Saw some pros streaming the game looks better and better with each patch, hope they go into open beta in a few months ;D

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 17 Oct 2011, 15:19

I've never liked DotA and its clones much, it was (and still is) attracting elitists and the community as a whole is on the level of World of Warcraft or Steam forums.

Also, since the Holy Valve make it, people will still praise it to heavens. Not that I am implying that Valve are incompetent (though I will appreciate any genuine Valve-made game, instead of Valve-bought successful mod released as their new game), I merely want to say that Valve logo on the box may mean the difference between success and failure in terms of sales.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Oct 2011, 13:39

I restarted playing Dota last week. Maybe because I needed to take something off my mind, dunno. Had some fun playing with Puck and Dark Seer.

Completely sucked at playing with Viper and Pugna though. And tried playing with that Wisp thinking it was an intelligence hero (random pick), rather than strength. Talk about lame playtime. :disagree: But after figuring out that little detail, rather enjoyed that hero.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 20 Oct 2011, 19:32

Panda, make sure you are playing with friends that are good or you can find yourself quite frustrated with newbs and racists. As I recall, Brazillians are widely despised and discriminated against in Heroes of Newerth and DOTA, because they tend to have high pings and like to spam the chat/voice channels with Portuguese. :)

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 22 Oct 2011, 06:24

klaymen wrote:I've never liked DotA and its clones much, it was (and still is) attracting elitists and the community as a whole is on the level of World of Warcraft or Steam forums.
ywhtptgtfo wrote:Panda, make sure you are playing with friends that are good or you can find yourself quite frustrated with newbs and racists.
I second these. Just one other reason I didn't play it anymore. Still couldn't believe people can be like this for anything but....a game ????!!?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Oct 2011, 18:21

I know what you guys mean.

Actually, Brazilians in Dota are pretty much foul mouth. In our servers, they are always being mean to everyone, all the time. I'm rather used to it, but find if annoying nevertheless.

When I play with other people, I find it a better, but in the days of late, people are just swearing to anyone and saying stupid things.

In the end, I just assume that people are stressed. They go playing the game as if it's a lifetime deal, and not for fun. When I start playing bad with a character and they start saying: "you suck!" "look at your items! lol", lol, here, lol there, etc., I just reply "show me the way" or "I can't, I'm blind! Help me!".

After a while, they just stop and that's all about it. :D I'm not a kid anymore to get pissed off with other unkwnon people speaking their minds about me, specially because these "pros", in the way I see it, are sad people who spend most of their time trying to get better and better in a thing that's not really important at all, and they speak of it as if it's their true core, like a mask over their weak bodies or social behaviour which will never improve.

On Dota 2, they have announced Rikimaru. Darn! I hate this guy! :lol: I don't find Mangix either...will they take away my favorite panda? :cry: They have already transformed Raijin into a fatso.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Nov 2011, 14:29

klaymen wrote:I've never liked DotA and its clones much, it was (and still is) attracting elitists and the community as a whole is on the level of World of Warcraft or Steam forums.
Well if they include matchmaking then chances are you'll play with people at teh same skill level, and if LoL is any indication, they'll be less smack talk because everyone sucks the same...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 20 Nov 2011, 16:06

Lol, many people I know are already complaining they have to play with "retards". That's the way it goes I suppose, HoN / LoL / DotA / DotA 2 are all highly competitive games that a teammate can ruin, which frays everyone's nerves.

LF beta key!
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Dec 2011, 20:24

Banedon wrote:Lol, many people I know are already complaining they have to play with "retards". That's the way it goes I suppose, HoN / LoL / DotA / DotA 2 are all highly competitive games that a teammate can ruin, which frays everyone's nerves.
Like i said, the advantage of matchmaking is that i don't have to deal with stupid people like your friends as much....
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Feb 2013, 21:48

So, anyone want some invites, i got like a dozen...

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Feb 2013, 23:27

Loads of people I know on Steam have a crapton of invites. I pity the fools who bought the game!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Feb 2013, 15:26

Wait, you can buy it? What for?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 15 Feb 2013, 03:24

Like €13 or €14 or so...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Feb 2013, 17:10

I meant what extra's does it give? Coz last i heard it was gonna be f2p...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 25 Feb 2013, 05:33

It definitely is going to be F2P, and there isn't any real difference (as of now), but I think once the game is fully released they might separate free accounts and bought/paid/gifted accounts. If you right-click "Dota 2" and take a look at "View Downloadable Content" it says "Premium DLC", just like it does for TF2 when you activate a retail copy of TF2 or buy something from the TF2 store. I'll take an educated guess and say they'll probably follow the TF2 model and give more backpack space, trading privileges, some free exclusive cosmetic items, etc, to premium accounts than to free2play accounts. It's all guessing though, no official info yet. As of now, they only give you a few cosmetic items if you buy it now:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Feb 2013, 18:47

So in other words, Hats...

Deftclaw Redreaver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Deftclaw Redreaver » 27 Apr 2013, 20:20

I have a Steam Beta key of it ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 May 2013, 21:01

Deftclaw Redreaver wrote:I have a Steam Beta key of it ;)
Welcome to the club... I still have like 11.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 May 2013, 10:14

And now i'm back up to 20...

C'mon people, ask me for some keys already.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Aug 2013, 19:52

I'm having fun with this - only problem is that it seems I am unable to accept friend requests.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”