Dota 2 announced!

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Dota 2 announced!

Unread postby frozd » 19 Oct 2010, 10:11

Valve and IceFrog teamed up to create dota 2. In short they'll port all the heroes, items and won't change the gameplay much. It's going to be stand alone and much much more. For further info go here.

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/arch ... tails.aspx

I'm quite excited about this. What are your thoughts on it?

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 25 Oct 2010, 09:30

I'm in.

Played Dota and HoN.

So I want this game too!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Oct 2010, 09:20

A non-FPS from Valve... about time. Kinda sad that it's a sequel though...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Nov 2010, 14:38

I had a Dota fever something like a year ago. It's now passed. It'll take a great deal of improvements to make me turn my attention at it again.

Right now, I'm focused on starting a family, rather than playing would-be sequels. There must have a reason to put a 2 in front of it, rather than just making it all over again with better graphics or so, like that HoN looked like in a first glance.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Nov 2010, 18:33

So if they make it good enough you'll renounce your prospective family?! Good to know.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Nov 2010, 19:18

Nay, perhaps lose a bit of my focus, but really, really, really? No, I will not play it regardless how well done it'll be. ;)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Nov 2010, 19:34

Your prospective wife checks the forum or something?!

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 03 Aug 2011, 06:53

Valve dropping the bomb with dota 2 starting tourney of top 16 dota teams and a OMG 1 million $ prize money for the team that's first. Don't belive me?

http://www.dota2.com/

Holy shit that's some confidence...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 03 Aug 2011, 14:43

Incredible isn't it? :)

I think once DotA 2 is released, all of DotA, LoL and HoN will lose to it. HoN's already losing ground to LoL (which I suppose is why it just went F2P, modelling on LoL's model even). I know I don't plan to play HoN after DotA 2's release. That's what HoN gets for being so badly balanced :devil:
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 03 Aug 2011, 20:48

Yeah i stopped playing HoN after it went out of open beta. S2 are a bunch of retarded amateurs sorry for saying it like that but it's true. They had such a great game potential but threw it away like a bunch of morons that they are. Dota 2 will crush unless Valve S2 it, wait and see is what I think.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 07 Aug 2011, 06:26

Someone is still actually playing this ?
8| 8| 8|
It's like....dunno, ages ago ?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Aug 2011, 00:58

Yeah, they do. I still hear things like: "Let's play Dota?" - at the LAN house. Well, it's expected from games we usually have fun.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 14 Aug 2011, 08:25

And I just thought everyone's into MMORPG lately...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Aug 2011, 20:11

It's been delayed to 2012. More info here. Beta will be out soon.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 23 Aug 2011, 16:16

Congrats to Navi for winning $1 million!

Also looking forward to DotA 2, no matter how long it'll be delayed. I've got romances with old favourites to continue.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 23 Aug 2011, 23:27

I loved playing with the Harbinger (perhaps because it shares the name of my favourite gym accessory company?), Bloodseeker, Raijin, Troll, Enigma and Juggernaut. :D I'd like to see them again.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 06 Sep 2011, 04:52

U & Banedon seems to have played this alot ?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Sep 2011, 15:06

Oh, yes, not that I played a lot like some of my friends. They were playing almost since the beginning. I got to play after years, already. It was not a high number of times that I was the main killer of a match, you see. :) Sometimes Harbinger, if feeded and with the right items, would really bring doom to my opponents.

When I stopped playing, some abilities were still too imba. I think it was just about when they introduced two new characters, one sort of Ice Elemental and a black critter, similar to a crawling minnion. It was something like...1-2 years ago, I think.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 06 Sep 2011, 16:14

Ancient Apparition and Slark - that wasn't too long ago, was a fairly recent patch.

I used to play DotA a lot, but have long since switched to HoN, for mainly gameplay reasons: it has better interface, matchmaking, autohotkeys and more. Nonetheless I find HoN quite badly balanced. When DotA 2 is released, as long as it keeps all these innovations from HoN I'll switch to it.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Sep 2011, 16:52

Hum, but I think at least 1 year is gone from that patch. More characters were introduced, no? Like that phoenix, the last time I checked.

People tried to convince me to play HoN too, but I found it so imba I couldn't really help not to avoid it. It had nice graphics though. :)

Have you checked Dota2 artwork? Quite nice.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”