CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 28 May 2007, 18:09

That should read "Merci beaucoup"... ;)

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 31 May 2007, 04:48

Muchos gracias.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 01 Jun 2007, 00:54

That should read "Muchas gracias"... ;)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Jun 2007, 12:21

Es spaniole I see? Gracias amigos, oue chickas ey enti nochos!:-D
now I do hope that was correct for, your chickas (generaly in spain) are very cute

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 02 Jun 2007, 00:10

@Orfinn: Hmm..could be a dialect of Spanish...doesn't look like the Spanish we talk over here...

Btw, thanks for the compliment...I like to think so too. ;)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Jun 2007, 00:43

Hehe ;)

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 02 Jun 2007, 04:58

winterfate wrote:That should read "Muchas gracias"... ;)
I know. I was jokin. Grozie Mille.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Saturas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Saturas » 11 Jun 2007, 01:14

After I finished all guild quests and I got really bored. It's not that I almost finished the game(still had daedric quests and main quest), but I probably thought that there is nothing more to find in game that I did not encountered already.I couldn't finished it even after three months long break and I started new game, this time as mage, and with hope that it's not going to be like the first time.

Fast travel system that we have in Oblivion is something I don't want in any RPG. Morrowind has quite big gameworld and many other ways of traveling aside form walking(mages guild transport, boats, silt striders, propylons etc.) that are as fast and practical as Oblivion's and still not make you think that there is no world other than the map you see when using fast travel. Cyrodiil is bigger then Vvanderfell but walking should be joy not pain, so, bigger gameworld should be more joy(in my opinion). Not only cool quests make excelent RPG

Limit of five training sesions is meant to prevent fast leveling we have in Morrowind. But fast leveling in Morrowind occured because you could get hold of very valuable items(which make the greatest imbalance in game) very soon and thus to have enough money to train until your head is about to fall off(cuz of the black flashes that are to me the first runner-up annoyance in game after those filthy birds :mad: ). So, there is really no need for limiting training sesions per level if the money sources are balanced.

Still, game has wonderful graphics and is far better then the game with which was compared all the time-Gothic 3 the "pure bug" game. This is particulary hard for me to say because I am a great fan of Gothic 1 and 2 and my dissapointment with G3 was as great as my excitment about it :( Now I can only hope that G4 will be legendary.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 04 Aug 2007, 14:42

Oblivion has been out for almost a year and half. Why is it still retailing for full price ($50 US)? That's annoying.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 07 Aug 2007, 11:58

I have the Oblivion and it's enjoyable game (at least far more attracting than Morrowind with its subbar dialogues). I'm looking for solid mods for it. Could anyone recommend some sites for official and non-official mods?
Corribus wrote:Oblivion has been out for almost a year and half. Why is it still retailing for full price ($50 US)? That's annoying.
Original Sims 2 hasn't dropped in price either, and that's way old. Actually Sims 1 (and especially Deluxe version) was around 40 € for many a year.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 07 Aug 2007, 14:55

I have a 50 dollar coupon from Dell since they screwed up royally on my recent computer purchase. I was thinking of using it to buy Oblivion, but I'm disapppointed that it is still 50 dollars. For such an old game, that seems very unreasonable. I was hoping to also be able to squeeze a little more out of the coupon, but I guess not.

Given the acclaim for this game, I will probably go ahead and get it. I just hope it doesn't get as boring as Morrowind got after a while.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 07 Aug 2007, 19:49

I have an opened but unused copy of the Collector's Edition, but I doubt I will find time to play the game anytime soon. Perhaps we could make a trade.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 07 Aug 2007, 21:40

A trade for what?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Aug 2007, 21:46

YOUR SOUL!!!!!

i believe you should offer him something...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 07 Aug 2007, 21:50

What if I offer him YOUR soul? :devil:

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 07 Aug 2007, 21:52

He doesn't have one...I think DL stole it from him in times inmemorial. ;)

Why do you think TT is so Chaotic Evil? :)

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 07 Aug 2007, 21:55

I think the Game of the Year edition is coming out this month. It has the Shivering Isle expansion and the Circle of the Nine content included, so I would hold off purchasing it till then.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 07 Aug 2007, 22:16

Comes out for the 360 in September.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 07 Aug 2007, 22:52

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:I think the Game of the Year edition is coming out this month. It has the Shivering Isle expansion and the Circle of the Nine content included, so I would hold off purchasing it till then.
GOW
I'm actually pretty fond of Bethsoft, ever since I played Elder Scrolls: Arena, I've been enchanted with their worlds.

But Oblivion was far from game of they year (for me homm v), but surely there are other rpg's to choose from. It was an average game with many flaws that kept me fascinated for three months. (Kudos for being bug-free though).

Another thing that irks me is that a developer on the forum said they had no plans for an expansion, but sure enough, an expansion came out (excluding knights of the nice of course). I haven't bought anything besides the base game...though I will get Fallout 3. Looks fantastic.

So anyway, the post about game of the year edition just reminded me of my feelings about Oblivion...

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 08 Aug 2007, 01:58

@GOW -
Thanks for the tip. I'm in no immediate hurry (well, has to be before end of sept. as that's when my coupon expires) and I haven't completely decided that's what I want. Unfortunately, with the exception of software titles, 50 dollars doesn't go far on Dell's website. Any more substantial sources for that information?

@Phoenix
What RPG would you suggest in its place? Strangely enough I've bought every Elder Scrolls game and I haven't truly loved any of them. Morrowind was the best of the bunch but it got very repetitive. I'll admit that part of my attraction to Oblivion is the visuals.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”