Dungeon Siege III

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Dungeon Siege III

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jul 2010, 20:54

Is being made by Obsidian: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut ... ege/702269

I guess it will be buggy at release, but have a good story... but i wonder how they'll handle a hack'n'slash...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 29 Jul 2010, 21:35

I hope the gameplay doesn't involve killing millions of insects, insectoids and the like. More creature variety, please!
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 29 Jul 2010, 21:36

"From the makers of Fallout: New Vegas"

Not out yet, so...?

"From the makers of Knights of the Old Republic II"

Ye gods! So Dungeon Siege III won't just be buggy at release, it will be released in an alpha version and left to rot?
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 29 Jul 2010, 21:56

Ethric wrote:"From the makers of Fallout: New Vegas"

Not out yet, so...?

"From the makers of Knights of the Old Republic II"

Ye gods! So Dungeon Siege III won't just be buggy at release, it will be released in an alpha version and left to rot?
Which is a fitting end for so blatantly boring and challenge-free series as Dungeon Siege.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jul 2010, 07:26

Why didn't they mention they also made NWN2... that game they actually supported.

Ethric wrote:"From the makers of Knights of the Old Republic II"

Nah, LucasArts is not involved this time.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 30 Jul 2010, 09:53

ah great man, I followed the Dungeon Siege series from the beginning.

Played DS 1 the most :)

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 30 Jul 2010, 15:32

Think I played a demo of the first game once upon a time. I'd rather see them do a proper job of Fallout: New Vegas first.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Jul 2010, 17:57

The first game was quite fun in coop on a LAN. It was also newb-friendly. I didn't play the sequel though, and I don't see the point of going back to that series with much better RPGs already available.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 31 Jul 2010, 10:35

Humakt wrote: Which is a fitting end for so blatantly boring and challenge-free series as Dungeon Siege.
QFT
DS1 was the most boring wannabe-Diablo grinding clickfest I've ever seen. I've uninstalled it after entering that tree in the swamp (with those weird machines and such). If i had not borrowed the game from a friend, I would ritually cut the CD to pieces, set them on fire and finally bury them somewhere far from the reach of the civilisation.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Jul 2010, 11:47

The 1st one was too dependent on grinding your chose skill set... the 2nd one was a bit better at this. Mindless, sure, but they weren't that bad.

They really need to make your attributes (Str, Dex, Int etc.) climb slower and be more like in D&D, where they affect more stuff and even a slight increase matters.
Have every level for Melee, Ranged and Magic skill actually just give you access to more feats for that skill tree (and it would have more feats then previous games, especially passive ones), and have your attributes only increase every like 10 levels (and once for the first) for each skill tree by the appropriate attributes (e.g. melee = +5 Str, +1 Dex, +4 Con; ranged = +3 Str, +5 Dex, +2 Con). And the two magic skills would affect Con (life basically) and 2 magic attributes.

And look, screenshots: http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showforum=80

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 31 Jul 2010, 19:50

ThunderTitan wrote:And look, screenshots: http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showforum=80
Not bad. The game doesn't look that great in extreme close-up (then again, many other games don't, either), but the second screenshot gives me the feeling that it will look great in action, which is all that matters.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Aug 2010, 12:05

Wait, did i link the forum instead of the thread?! WTF? Here: http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?sh ... =0&start=0

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 28 Feb 2011, 14:24

I cant describle how much i was bored playing Dungeon Siege 1, i finished it just by power of my will like some sado maso maniac, but begining was interesting. First 30% of game was wow kind of diablo, then 60% bored 90% WTF 100% AARGH!

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 28 Feb 2011, 15:13

koval321 wrote:I cant describle how much i was bored playing Dungeon Siege 1, i finished it just by power of my will like some sado maso maniac, but begining was interesting. First 30% of game was wow kind of diablo, then 60% bored 90% WTF 100% AARGH!
I agree, my case differs slightly, I quit as soon as I got to the boring part.
Infiltrator out.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Mar 2011, 20:41

Well the 1st DS's skill system was way too simplistic...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 03 Mar 2011, 23:30

The only things I disliked in DS1 were the overabundance of insects and inconsistent level design. Other than these two, I fairly enjoyed it. Back in the day (I'm talking about a time where games like Sacred, Titan Quest and Torchlight didn't exist) it was great fun! The only game better than DS was Divine Divinity but I played that way later and it felt quite different (more RPGish) to me.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jun 2011, 14:21

So, i played the demo for 5 min last night before bed...

The control scheme made me want to choke a console player with a controller cord...

Otherwise it has nice visuals... but i didn't have enough time to judge the gameplay.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”