Fable III Confirmed for the PC

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Fable III Confirmed for the PC

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 21 May 2010, 22:58

Well, it was accidentally revealed before, but today it has officially been confirmed. It's good to hear another good title will come to the PC, even though we didn't get to play Fable II. Oh, and the Limited Collector's Edition of Fable III will be exclusive to the Xbox 360.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63916

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/05/21/ ... announced/

http://www.gamershell.com/news_96174.html

Box Art:
http://www.shacknews.com/images/image-o ... 6578f8.jpg
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 22 May 2010, 23:17

Finally Lionhead makes a PC title again
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Aug 2010, 16:16

Unfortunately, it's delayed. I'd rather play this on a console anyway.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 05 Aug 2010, 18:07

Well, we can wait, I guess (better than not being released for the PC at all). Except for the save system, Fable wasn't bad on the PC. If the gameplay is dependant on a gamepad, I can always grab mine and play it on the PC.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Aug 2010, 18:51

And the achievements on the PC side still count for the gamerscore. :D I love my Xbox achievements!

In other news, no launch Kinect support for Fable 3. Hardly a surprise I think, they have been way too quiet about those products' integration this year.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Aug 2010, 21:11

The chicken revolution has begun: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/player/702482
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 05 Aug 2010, 23:05

That was a fantastic trailer! :D Very innovative! Quality-wise, it was even Pixar-like at some points.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Aug 2010, 10:08

I think more people have to read the dictionary definition of innovative... especially when right after they rightfully compare it to something else.

But yeah, that makes me want to buy the game even when i have never played Fable before...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 06 Aug 2010, 14:30

I meant that it may not be very innovative as an animation movie alone, but it IS very innovative for a video game trailer. Most of the time gamers get overly epic trailers that take themselves too seriously. This, on the other hand, doesn't take itself too seriously and takes a very different approach that even mocks the game itself.

Of course, if this was released (and intended) for viewing in theatres as a regular animation movie, than I wouldn't like it that much, because it is indeed Pixar-like. As a matter of fact it's even worse (from a technical standpoint), because at some points the animation isn't very fluid and the characters are weak (compared to Pixar movies).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Aug 2010, 19:14

Oh, so you actually just need to check out older trailers from before 2000 then...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 08 Aug 2010, 02:31

They had Pixar-like animated trailers back then?! :D On a serious note, I do remember some official parody trailers, if that's what you mean, but I still think it's not the same, because I don't remember any gaming company making a serious effort to make such a trailer that focuses on some irrelevant character from the game while still being relevant to the game itself. Besides, this trailer just doesn't mock the game just for the sake of mocking it like most parody trailers do. It's funny, yes, but it does get serious at the end and sends a beautiful nod to the "destiny system" of Fable. It succeeds at remaining a video game trailer without feeling like a TV advertisement or some parody video made for TV.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Aug 2010, 15:44

Yeah, being way better made then any other still doesn't make it original...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 09 Aug 2010, 23:55

Come on, innovation isn't invention. As trailers go, there's only so much you can do. There is a good chance that even the most innovative trailers are or were built upon already existing ideas, and that includes those back from the 90's or 80's. If those trailers remind me of some clever TV advertisements from the same era (which they do, because TV ads are way older than video game trailers), they can't be entirely original, now, can they?

All I know is, Fable's developers could have gone with a more traditional approach (like most developers do these days), as there was absolutely no need for a super creative trailer like this. But they didn't. I'm glad they didn't. It's always good to get something fresh, something new, something unexpected, especially if you're living in the 2000's. Heck, this will probably pave the way to hundreds of Fable (or Pixar) wannabe trailers. But hey, that's what happens with innovations, right? ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Aug 2010, 07:27

No, but it is a new way to do something, and funny CGI trailers like that aren't new, even if they are in incredibly short supply nowadays.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Aug 2010, 07:40

ThunderTitan wrote:The chicken revolution has begun: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/player/702482
Laughed out loud. And yes, it deserved the lol to be spelled out :rofl:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”