Left 4 Dead 2

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Minnakht
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Minnakht » 18 Feb 2010, 20:33

Hm? TT, what Eastern Europe are you talking about? And why didn't you just use Stem? A few days of downloading (or one overnight) surely would have been faster.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 19 Feb 2010, 02:14

He wants a nice box, just like I do :P! Keep it shine every day!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Feb 2010, 11:26

Minnakht wrote:Hm? TT, what Eastern Europe are you talking about? And why didn't you just use Stem? A few days of downloading (or one overnight) surely would have been faster.
Because the bastards never heard of exchange rates apparently, they just replace the $ sign with the € sign on their prices. Screw that.

Plus with the pound down and amazon.co.uk having Christmas sales i got it pretty cheap.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jun 2010, 13:07

While i hope this means Ep. 3 it's probably L4D3 instead: http://www.gametrailers.com/news/portal ... laced/2136
Apparently the cake isn’t the only thing that’s a lie (us gamers, huh?)—Valve, rather, Aperture Science announced on twitpic yesterday that the Portal 2 event at E3’s Regal Theater has been cancelled. However, Valve promises a surprise replacement event and confirms Portal 2 will still be screened at Valve’s E3 booth.

Portal 2, set for release this holiday season, features two campaigns, one in a co-op mode with two new playable characters, and the return of GLaDOS herself. The game will also be longer than the first and will sell for full retail price.

Valve has a relatively small, yet entirely impressive, publishing résumé and is never short on surprises. This is probably because the Valve staff sit around and talk about how awesome they are for half of the day, and then about how awesome their hats are for the second half, and actual work tends to sneak up on them. Whatever the reason, the E3 surprise should be a good one. What do you think is the most likely culprit? A new game? A different sequel announcement and demo? Use those skills Aperture Science taught you and figure this thing out right here!
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 03 Jun 2010, 14:58

It will most likely be ep 3. Menu screan was leaked...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 03 Jun 2010, 17:25

It's definitely episode 3. I doubt Valve would make another L4D in just one year (again).

Can't wait :)
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 03 Jun 2010, 21:55

I hope they make a package named "The Green Box" this time and bundle all of those games (Episode 3, Portal 2, etc) in one box.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2010, 09:34

darknessfood wrote:It will most likely be ep 3. Menu screan was leaked...
You know how easy that can be faked?! Haven't you been on the internet enough time to know anyway?!

@pirvix

Why not, people seem to buy it... (i did, but at least i didn't own l4d1).

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 04 Jun 2010, 12:34

ThunderTitan wrote: @pirvix

Why not, people seem to buy it... (i did, but at least i didn't own l4d1).
When l4d2 came out a lot of critics pointed out that while it was still fun to play, it's also getting rather old...a new l4d title should add something completely new to the experience.
If l4d3 is in the making, and it follows the same formula, it's bound to get worse reviews.
Also, if I know Valve well enough, I'd say that they'll be taking a break from l4d and focus on other titles...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Aug 2010, 08:16

Man, i almost feel sorry for people that only have l4d1: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/left-4-dead-2/1115137p1.html

Official No Mercy FTW.

If l4d3 is in the making, and it follows the same formula, it's bound to get worse reviews.
Sales >>> reviews.

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 24 Aug 2010, 11:58

Sales >>> reviews.
True. I was just depressed because episode 3 wasn't announced.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 24 Aug 2010, 13:39

ThunderTitan wrote:Man, i almost feel sorry for people that only have l4d1: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/left-4-dead-2/1115137p1.html
As an added bonus, the new DLC will give L4D players the new machineguns and melee weapons released in L4D2 and The Passing,...
I can't believe my eyes. Valve are actually holding to their word. I guess, their lapdogs....pardon, "moderators" were too annoyed by constantly solving fights between people angry at Valve's lies and their fanatical fanboys defending them.

pirvix wrote:True. I was just depressed because episode 3 wasn't announced.
The whole episodic concept is Valve's epic failure.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Aug 2010, 07:23

C'mon, Valve has been good at giving people good updates and what they promised... they're just not good at doing it in time. I just hope fingers won't be too ravaged by arthritis by the time Ep. 3 comes out...

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 25 Aug 2010, 08:48

Oh, yes.

Valve PR guy: hey you lot, here you have L4D. Yes, it has not much content in it for its price, but we promise you more DLC as campaigns, weapons, characters, enemies and stuff.

Valve PR guy about 1 year later: hai guise, here is L4D2. It has new characters, enemies, campaigns, blah blah. Only 50 bucks...buyz nao!!1!

Since then L4D got 1 short campaign (pathetic 2 maps, actually) and one new mode.

But w/e, let's praise them to heavens.
-Ahzek Ahriman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Aug 2010, 09:03

and now they're getting new weapons and maps... just in time... by which i mean Valve Time™.

and just after teh controversy wined down... if i didn't know better i'd say they're just doing it for the shit and giggles... but i'm pretty sure i'm not in charge, so that can't be it...

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 25 Aug 2010, 15:06

its no wonder pirates are on the rise, with the new games getting turned into shittier popamole console-to-pc ports by the minute.

i stopped buying offical games (not made by indie devs) after Oblivion, and by god it has saved me ALOT of money.

i seriously doubt that Valve will ever do a episode 3 after this long time actually, if they do it needs to be remade into a new engine, get better graphics and made into a full game to get the sales going, since their target audience need their fix of bloom and HD.

besides, the got a new, bigger cash cow to milk now, L4D.

EDIT: what? we turned into TESF now with censoring?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 11:54

Pirates aren't on the rise, it's just that before, when the internet wasn't everywhere they had no way of knowing that countless eastern hordes where all playing cracked versions.
i seriously doubt that Valve will ever do a episode 3 after this long time actually, if they do it needs to be remade into a new engine, get better graphics and made into a full game to get the sales going, since their target audience need their fix of bloom and HD.
Nah, people will play it just to get a real ending, and that should be enough sales for what is basically an extra campaign.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Sep 2010, 08:37

First part of the comic is up: http://www.l4d.com/comic/comic.php

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2011, 09:04

Wow, Valve really, really wants to kill L4D1, don't they: http://www.gametrailers.com/news/new-le ... unced/3023

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 18 Feb 2011, 14:45

"The new DLC will feature the three remaining campaign levels from the original L4D...."

So much for the promises to upgrade L4D1 properly.
/golfclap
-Ahzek Ahriman

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”