Aion

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Aion

Unread postby Banedon » 01 Oct 2009, 16:13

This game's taken a significant portion of the Guild-Wars playing community, anyone play it here?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Oct 2009, 16:56

Norwegian pundits are talking about it as the next WoW challenger. I'm not bothered.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 01 Oct 2009, 21:26

We've sold a lot of it. There's been a lot of hype surrounding it. It looks pretty cool :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 01 Oct 2009, 22:05

I don't see anything special about Aion, so I won't even try it.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 01 Oct 2009, 22:10

I'll see your "nothing special" and raise you a "never even heard of it" :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 02 Oct 2009, 08:16

It's advertised like mad, it's really hard not to hear about it. I've even seen an advertisement on the frickin' paper.

A couple of days ago I was scrolling through channels on TV (and I really don't watch TV much) and there was this TV program about "technology". Guess what, they were introducing this frickin' game and telling people how it was the best thing ever happened. No, sir, I SIMPLY refuse to play it.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 02 Oct 2009, 08:23

Wikipedia:
The Empyrean Lords in turn created a barrier which prevented the Draken (now calling themselves Balaur) from attacking the humans charged under their protection.
The balaur is a figure from Romanian folklore (usually a snake with wings and/or multiple heads), very frequently translated as the dragon in Western mythology.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 02 Oct 2009, 11:21

TheUndeadKing wrote:It's advertised like mad, it's really hard not to hear about it. I've even seen an advertisement on the frickin' paper.

A couple of days ago I was scrolling through channels on TV (and I really don't watch TV much) and there was this TV program about "technology". Guess what, they were introducing this frickin' game and telling people how it was the best thing ever happened. No, sir, I SIMPLY refuse to play it.
Oh man, how I hate those "ZOMG EPIC GRAPHIXXX! ZOMG EPIC GAME!!1 BUYZ NAO!!one!eleven" advertisements.
How many "best ever" games were released?

When I remember the Daikatana hype....*shudders*
-Ahzek Ahriman

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 02 Oct 2009, 13:17

So true.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 03 Oct 2009, 12:37

klaymen wrote:
TheUndeadKing wrote:It's advertised like mad, it's really hard not to hear about it. I've even seen an advertisement on the frickin' paper.

Oh man, how I hate those "ZOMG EPIC GRAPHIXXX! ZOMG EPIC GAME!!1 BUYZ NAO!!one!eleven" advertisements.
How many "best ever" games were released?

When I remember the Daikatana hype....*shudders*
On the other hand, Aion has been getting some decent reviews (just checked on Gamespot - seems the average critic rating is 8.2, with the best of Aion's PvPvE content not available to most players for a while).

That said, judging from the reviews it is a fair bit of grind, and I'm used to the Guild Wars system which minimizes grind, so ...
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 03 Oct 2009, 13:22

Banedon wrote: On the other hand, Aion has been getting some decent reviews (just checked on Gamespot - seems the average critic rating is 8.2, with the best of Aion's PvPvE content not available to most players for a while).
I have learned not to trust the reviews. The reviewers can praise any crap to heavens, or bash any good game, because of this and that.
For example the Crysis - mediocre at best (IMO), but rated fairly high.
-Ahzek Ahriman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Oct 2009, 20:34

In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”