71%
Makes me scream for Grom Hellscream!
29%

Total votes: 14

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2012, 16:29

Guesting is still not in unfortunately... add " W y n d r o c F r o s t b l a z e " to ur friends list anyway (no spaces, i'm just being paranoid on account of the whole stolen accounts thing).
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 11 Nov 2012, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 04 Nov 2012, 23:01

My account was actuely stolen. You shouldn't have to worry, because they added secuirity updates and stuff.
My worst fear was losing everything (craftitems etc) but at the end of the road, I "just" lost 2 gold and 2400 gems, and the gems were all restored by them. They send me an e-mail a few weeks after I had my account back, to tell me they could restore any stolen gems (I thought I had like 1500, but in the end, there were 2400 of them :D). I will add you!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 05 Nov 2012, 12:28

I'm playing the game quite a bit. It's very fun up until you hit level 80 with maxed out items, and then there simply is nothing to do with the PvP being very uninspiring. WvW is the only salvation there with its mesh of PvE and PvP, but I don't find it very fun either. High-end dungeons would be OK if I didn't have to form parties to play them (I very much miss Jurah / Razah / Xandra from GW1) but yeah. Still it is a free MMORPG, and I've got real life friends playing it so I'm not complaining. We do only have 4 players though, so we still have to pug another for the dungeons. If anyone else plays around 11am GMT, let me know!

Sometime I'll start a new character. Maybe. I never got around to it in GW1 after playing over 7k hours. Who knows about GW2? The extra story options is certainly an incentive but the extra work isn't. Don't know what profession to go for too.

Someone attempted to hack my account but ANet sent me an unauthorized login attempt email, saying the login attempt was from somewhere in China. The same email's shown up several times when I attempted to login from different places (countries), as well as one time when I used an IP blocker. 8|
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Nov 2012, 14:41

I for one never understood why grinding (aka repeating the same thing over and over) for better gear is considered something to do as an endgame... i'll repeat content if it's fun thank you very much (Mad King's Clock Tower was so crazy... but became kinda easy after the 1st time... well on my main ele with the passive speed buff, trying on my lvl 9 Guardian witohut a speed buff was annoying, he moved too slow, and i didn't feel like spending a few more hours on it again to get used to it, maybe next year).

But stick around, the rumours are that we'll get some new stuff for November too (Turkey Day most likely).

As for stolen account, i didn't have to worry because i didn't use a password that was associated with my e-mail anywhere else... Banedon didn't either if it was just a log in attempt.

BTW, i actually bought 2000 gems back when they where like 25-30 silver and got myself the mini-Rytlock... wish i would have gotten more to change them back to gold during Halloween... would have made a killing.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Nov 2012, 23:10

Who besides DF added me? Does ur accoutn name start with a p or an F?

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 17 Nov 2012, 13:41

I don't like grinding either but there really is nothing to do in late-game GW2. Really, what is there other than running between different dragon spawns? Mad King's tower was fun for a bit, took me two hours to finish but after that there was just nothing to do again. The game just isn't challenging or engaging enough to play.

Realistically the only reason I still play is because I have real life friends playing it 8|
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 17 Nov 2012, 22:25

Well you got more classes you can play as, and once in a while, you get new content :).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Nov 2012, 15:08

Content where you get to fight invisible foes for half an hour...

BTW, i got the precursor staf for the Bifrost legendary staff from the Ancient karka chest... who knows, maybe in 2-3 years i'll make the legendary too.

But i got to say, i actually enjoyed the non minion fighting parts of teh ancient karka event more then the 2 reinforcement stages... someday in the future i hope someone comes up with a way to make giant fights not be just aoe spam fests and scaling that doesn't require the enemy npc's to get way too much hp.

Same with bosses, i find that once i figure them out it takes so much time to bring their hp down that i get bored...

EDIT: Oh and Banedon, you got your wish, now you can grind fractal levels for more (and better when it comes to accessors, the rest coming soon) loot and difficulty unlocks. The chat channel in LA is nothing but fractal runs at X level... anyone seen the conspiracy stuff around the web?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 23 Nov 2012, 23:46

Stupid Arenanet. Selling the digital deluxe version for the same price as a regular copy. WHERE'S MY UPDATE FOR BUYING THE GAME WAY BEFORE LAUNCH?! Let's hope the Black Lion Trade will lower the gem upgrade to like 1000 gems. That seems fair...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Nov 2012, 12:13

And you didn't fail econ class in 11th grade how? Prices go down after a while, deal with it. (and this is a black friday deal, not even permanent)

Plus, i got the deluxe edition with gems back when they where 25-30s, the extra's aren't that impressive, the Rytlock mini and the elite skill are the only ones that lasts more then a few days. The Influence is kinda wasted on a real guild unless it's at the very beginning as 1000 influence can be made in a day or less (might be useful for a personal guild you make to get your own guild stash, but you need 2500 for the 1st stash alone). Haven't done any sPvP to see how useful the glory is.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 24 Nov 2012, 22:10

Well the skills and the mini are both cool, so those are fun to have.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 29 Nov 2012, 12:02

Well I was wrong about why I don't play GW2 much these days: even though there's definitely something to do in GW2 now, I still don't feel like playing it. Something about the game is just not fun, and I can't put my finger on it.

These days I log on rarely, and generally log off immediately if I find that I don't have any friends online. If you want to play, let me know when to log on.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Dec 2012, 02:01

Why is it that "something to do" is always just "doing the same content over and over for better rewards that allow me to do the same content again".

Also, you might want to add me if you want to have someone online in your friends list.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 19 Dec 2012, 11:11

Well like I said I was wrong about the reason I don't play GW2. I played GW1 for 7k hours even though I reached peak power long ago. For whatever reason, GW2 is just not as fun.

Don't mind adding you but the way it's going don't expect to see me online @_@ My IGN's Sorais.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Dec 2012, 18:15

Wasn't really talking about you liking it, but about the whole "something to do" thing... fractals are fun, but whenever i play with people that i also talk on TS with they all complain about the rewards... bah.

And i'm guessing you liked BuildWars more then GuildWars... don't see anything else that's really that different.

Also, added! You should recognize me right away.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 13 Jan 2013, 15:02

You're never online ...

I started a new character, but it's only level 15 at the moment. Things are awfully slow and super tedious, so much so that I find myself playing WvW as a level 15 character to level up, lol!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jan 2013, 19:11

Banedon wrote:You're never online ...
You're never online either...

I can be online every weekday between 14:00 and 22:00 GMT...
Banedon wrote: I started a new character, but it's only level 15 at the moment. Things are awfully slow and super tedious, so much so that I find myself playing WvW as a level 15 character to level up, lol!

Yeah, i had a Guard stuck at 35 for weeks because i couldn't get myself to lvl him... then last week my friend finally had some time to play and i got him to 50 and my lvl 15 Engi to 40+ easy... chain events with a party are fun.

havoc_85
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby havoc_85 » 11 May 2013, 09:44

I know it's been a while since this post have been updated but I own GW2 and I am always looking for more people to play with.

English speakers are preferred...
I am stuck on Whiteside Ridge server.

PM me if you want to play together sometime...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Feb 2014, 15:35

Hey, so if anyone still plays, they're giving away 3 free miniatures right now, so log in and get them...

And if you dont play any more you can just send them to me... :D :D

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 26 Feb 2014, 00:17

I've more or less quit this game. I simply ran out of things to do + the things I was doing I'd done many times already. Logging on to do dailies became a chore, and once that happened it was only a matter of time before I quit completely. At least I made my Bitfrost first :D

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”