HOMM MMORPG rip-off? Heroes of Gaia

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
littleman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HOMM MMORPG rip-off? Heroes of Gaia

Unread postby littleman » 19 Aug 2009, 07:28

I chanced upon this game at MMOsite and realized that it was basically a Heroes of Might and Magic browser MMORPG.

I am getting worried because Ubisoft is taking their own sweet time with HMM Kingdoms.. and it's not like competition like this is delivering crap games.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 Sep 2009, 23:16

Doesn't look so bad. Besides it one of those free browser games. It might turn out to be quite fun. ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 06 Sep 2009, 21:40

I like the way the town screen looks. Quite gorgeous.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 06 Sep 2009, 22:20

I have the Trailer! ^_^
Youtube has terminated my account without reason.

Please express why it should be reinstated on Twitter.

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 21 Oct 2009, 00:38

I've been playing this and it's pretty fun. Parts of the story are obviously cribbed from H3. Bracada vs. Blakada; AvLee vs. Avily; Erathia vs. Alasia for example. There are also regional versions, some better translated than others.

The US version is called Heroes of Gaia. In Europe it's handled by a different publisher and called Castle of Heroes. In Singapore, it's called Casvian. All of these are localized versions of the original Chinese browser game from developer 'Snail Game.'

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 01 Dec 2009, 18:35

I signed up & played a little today. The combat system flat-out blows! You really have no control @ all. Also...The servers are a complete joke! The lag is so damn bad! You cannot play in full screen & there is no sound! Maybe I'm missing something here...but the game needs TONS of work. I know...it;s still a beta, but it needs a lot of help!

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 04 Jan 2010, 07:18

been playing it for 2 weeks now.. very buggy and the English translation is terrible in some parts but bloody hell am I addicted.. and yes sounds would be nice but oh well.. without sound I can sneak on to it at work lol!

Stuff like this raises awareness of the Heores & Might and Magic world so the more the merrier I say. But yeah Kingdoms should get a bloody move on, its sad that other companies are beating Ubisoft to Heroes online games.
Sir Alock wrote:The combat system flat-out blows! You really have no control @ all.
Incorrect, you can't chose where someone moves but do you control whether melee units stand still or march forward, whether range & melee units attack default targets or ones you specify (click on your unit stacks to give them orders, there are also mass order button at the bottom). You have spells that you can cast throughout battle. Is quite fun!!
Last edited by Blake on 27 May 2012, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 07 Jan 2010, 16:45

Yes...I know, you do have some control...but the game is buggy as hell! It's pretty nice looking for a web browser game, it ends there. I played for like a week & decided to walk away. To each his own I say.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”