Equilibris release date ?

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
giulian2003
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Equilibris release date ?

Unread postby giulian2003 » 20 Feb 2006, 10:59

Hey guys, i know i don't have any right to ask you this, since i haven't contributed in any way to "the cause", but i am just curious: is there any realease date for the next version of Equilibris?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Equilibris release date ?

Unread postby Dalai » 20 Feb 2006, 12:19

giulian2003 wrote:Hey guys, i know i don't have any right to ask you this, since i haven't contributed in any way to "the cause", but i am just curious: is there any realease date for the next version of Equilibris?
No, there is none, sorry. I hope we cope with it before CeBIT-2006.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 24 Feb 2006, 20:45

Dalai wrote: No, there is none, sorry. I hope we cope with it before CeBIT-2006.
what is CeBIT ?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 25 Feb 2006, 13:16

Black Ghost wrote: what is CeBIT ?
www.cebit.de
One of the best IT events in the World.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 26 Feb 2006, 20:26

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 06 Mar 2006, 20:54

Black Ghost wrote:thanks :) I'm getting excited, it's only ~10 days :oex:
Seems like optimistic version is not coming true :(

sueppchen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sueppchen » 07 Mar 2006, 18:08

hi guys,

although it would be great if you (the equi-team) can accomplish to finish the 3.6 mod for heroes in this month. I am convinced that I am not the only guy waiting for the best add-on for the heroes IV game. I've bought the two official heroes expansion packs, and of course all for heroes III, but you guys make the add-on for free with more features at all, that's pretty cool... THANK YOU!!!!
Although I could even imagine to buy it - why don't you sell it for a 'download fee' of 5 to 10 bucks, or euros? - just a thought...
greetings toby

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 07 Mar 2006, 18:23

sueppchen wrote:hi guys,

although it would be great if you (the equi-team) can accomplish to finish the 3.6 mod for heroes in this month. I am convinced that I am not the only guy waiting for the best add-on for the heroes IV game. I've bought the two official heroes expansion packs, and of course all for heroes III, but you guys make the add-on for free with more features at all, that's pretty cool... THANK YOU!!!!
Although I could even imagine to buy it - why don't you sell it for a 'download fee' of 5 to 10 bucks, or euros? - just a thought...
greetings toby
To sell a mod, you must HAVE the liecense or approval from those who have it. If you don't have neither of those two, you can only give it for free.
It is like programind editors. You can make the same program in Visual C++ (need to buy it) and the same in Bloodshed Dev C++ (freeware), but you can legally earn money only if the program is made in Visual C++.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 13 Mar 2006, 16:05

Dalai wrote:
Black Ghost wrote:thanks :) I'm getting excited, it's only ~10 days :oex:
Seems like optimistic version is not coming true :(

Hate to be a pain and all, but could you clear that up a bit for us? Are you implying it won't be that soon or it won't be soon at all because of some problems? Frankly, I am holding off on installing Equilibris again until 3.6 comes out, but if it's going to be even more months from now I guess I'll just put 3.51 back on.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 13 Mar 2006, 21:48

don't hold off. Playing even a week without Eq. makes the week "wasted" :)

Any screenshot feedback would make the players more patient...

As for me I'll wait as long as it's necessary, but any info about the developements and problems before end of the march would help me to sleep better :)

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 13 Mar 2006, 22:06

Of course we are all eagerly awaiting the new release, but it will take however long it takes. :)

GOW

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 14 Mar 2006, 01:38

Yes we are! :oex:

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 20 Mar 2006, 21:01

sueppchen wrote:hi guys,

greetings toby
Thank you for your support. It's always nice to read post like this, beleive me ;)

For those who are actually ready to pay for download, there was an option to contribute to map contest prize fund (We did not forget about it!). True, we can not directly sell our product without Ubisoft explicit permission. which we do not have.
King Imp wrote: Hate to be a pain and all, but could you clear that up a bit for us? Are you implying it won't be that soon or it won't be soon at all because of some problems? Frankly, I am holding off on installing Equilibris again until 3.6 comes out, but if it's going to be even more months from now I guess I'll just put 3.51 back on.
Sorry to confuse you. :)
What I meant was: "We will not cope with 3.6 before CeBIT, and I'll leave for Hannover with heavy heart, knowing you all wait for Equilibris 3.6."

Now I'm back, and our chief programmer just had a very important deadline today. So we'll work on 3.6 a lot next days ;)

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 21 Mar 2006, 01:50

Dalai, I suppose Ubi has the codes for Heroes IV, right? Have you ever contacted them on sharing the codes, for some fee possibly? I have some couple of hundred dollars that I can contribute to this cause. :proud:

I mean seeing what you have done through an assembly garbage, I cannot imagine what could have come up with the codes under your hands. Maybe we can raise substantial amounts from within this generous community ;|

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 21 Mar 2006, 17:28

This topic has been raised several times before. I'll give you a link to old forum.

I too have couple hundred bucks for that, but that' definitely not enough :disagree:

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 21 Mar 2006, 21:24

I see now. Sorry about what I read :( Thanks anyway.
Now I respect you even more! Thanks for not giving up and keeping the good work up :applause:

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 22 Mar 2006, 15:20

yeah, the Equilibris team and the WoG team are the true Heroes of Heroes :-D

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 23 Mar 2006, 19:28

chaosgorgon wrote:yeah, the Equilibris team and the WoG team are the true Heroes of Heroes :-D

Agreed!

I know this is quite a ways off, but I'm actually curious to see who takes the reigns and mods Heroes 5. Will it be one of these two teams or will another emerge?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 24 Mar 2006, 10:29

King Imp wrote: I'm actually curious to see who takes the reigns and mods Heroes 5. Will it be one of these two teams or will another emerge?
Equilibris Team has no intention to modify HoMM-V. I can bet 5 to 1, WoG Team has no such plans either.

P.S. It looks like HoMM-V is technically easier to modify than previous games. On Heroic Corner there is a short thread about it.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 25 Mar 2006, 14:02

For me any ideas of modding a game before it appears in the shops are "strange"... ;| :|

Return to “Equilibris”