screenshots

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: dweling styles

Unread postby Akul » 13 Feb 2006, 18:49

Grythandril wrote:The first picture I assume is a gargoyle structure which I really like as it is much better than the original structure.

the second picture of the elf dwelling is very nice indeed however it might be at odd with the dwelling which resides in the nature castle.

the third picture is nice but I prefer the original structure and again if implemented might be at odd with the order structure.

the final dwelling for the sea monster is very impressive and my favourite out of the four.
Those are not dwelings. They are creature banks. In theme, you fight creatures (like in keep, dragon city, magic gardens, etc.) and get some kind of reward.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 Feb 2006, 19:25

Just bring me my werewolves and I'll be happy. Just a wish ofcourse :butterfly:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Feb 2006, 19:28

No werewolfs in equi.Try WoG if you want them so badly.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 14 Feb 2006, 11:51

2 Vlaad II
What about that old screenshot featuring an island and a ship...?

Was it just another quest hut idea?
Just as Black Ghost said, it is another new creature bank.

2 Black Ghost
Just curious which treasuer will it contain
It's not late to think about it once again. Do you have good ideas?
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 14 Feb 2006, 18:49

Hmm, as it's a sea-creature bank, so it will be placed somewhere at the shore of the sea. It won't be IMo stupid to give an artifact like seman's hat, or sextant, or logbook of the master sailor.
I suppose the best would be sextant as it cumulates with other sextances, require miscellanous slots and is treasure. What's more, seamnaship skill acts like seman's hat so there's alternative way to get rid off boarding penalty.
As for gold Equilibris team will fit it and balance, so I'll focus on resources. Wood mabye (shipwreck remains collected) but not sure whether it fits the look of the bank. As for other, they're avaiable in other banks, so I don't know if they should be copied.

I'd like to see the bank for magical units (mages+genies+e.sorceress). Mabye the new one presented (for mages) could be good. There is though a nice ivory tower:)

FlamePingu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby FlamePingu » 14 Feb 2006, 23:35

The building in the desert-screenshot (no 3 I think) looks a bit out-of-place colourwise. Other from that I think they're all great.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 Apr 2006, 17:17

When will we get few new screenshots? Or even better! When will we get the mod :D

And will it, when it comes, be the final version?

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 08 Apr 2006, 15:49

As for new mod I suggest waiting. Don't hury Dalai and Eq Team.
When it comes to the new screenshot, could you show some new enviroment objects mentioned by Crusard? :)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 08 Apr 2006, 17:29

Black Ghost wrote:As for new mod I suggest waiting. Don't hury Dalai and Eq Team.
When it comes to the new screenshot, could you show some new enviroment objects mentioned by Crusard? :)
Who told I hurry theme? I just asked theme if they know the RD.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 13 Apr 2006, 20:49

WOW :-D :-D
Those screenies are... GORGEOUS!!

And about the question:

BTW, that fog looks coll! Will we get some other weather conditions like raining or snowing?

And about the question:
It seems to me like an creature bank (probably with water elementals).

Danyael
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Colors

Unread postby Danyael » 14 Apr 2006, 04:30

I like the screenshots, but IMO the colors are too vibrant, too vivid. They make the creature banks stand out too much against the surroundings. Was that the intention?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 14 Apr 2006, 12:19

Sauron wrote: BTW, that fog looks coll! Will we get some other weather conditions like raining or snowing?
Yes.
And about the question:
I knew it would be too easy. :)
From the other side, it means that both the form and content are relevant to each other. Which is good :)
Danyael wrote:IMO the colors are too vibrant, too vivid. They make the creature banks stand out too much against the surroundings. Was that the intention?
I'd say colours are vibrant on the Order tavern screenshot, not the WEl-bank. Let's wait for Crusard ;)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Danyael
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Danyael » 14 Apr 2006, 18:41

Let me specify that: of the four screenshots, I think the colors of the middle two are too vibrant. The outer left one is very good IMO and the outer right one (the Sea Monster Bank) is perfect! The colors are great and the use of only a few colors (albeit with varying hues) is perfectly in line with all the other map-elements of HOMMIV.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 14 Apr 2006, 19:08

And about the question:
I knew it would be too easy. :)
From the other side, it means that both the form and content are relevant to each other. Which is good :)
If you heaven't put the Water Elemental in front of it, then perhaps the question could be harder.
But it still looks great :-D Can't wait to place it into my map.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 15 Apr 2006, 10:27

B-)
Fog has killed me :) Just awesome. I cannot express my love for this beautiful fog.

As for W-elemental bank, absolutely great. Just love the forgotten-civilisation style. Plus other objects like Easter-Island-Monuments it's possible to create interesting swamp civilisation enviroment as counterpart to the desert one.

2nd Sreenshot:
I see you're bored with white, ancient-greek/rome, marble Order buildings and made the taver in Altar of wishes style. IMO looks nice, and disagree with too vivid colours. That's genie-architecture:)

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 15 Apr 2006, 12:45

2 Danayel:
You are talking about previous 4 screenshots, posted in February, right?

Danyael
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Danyael » 15 Apr 2006, 15:48

2 Dalai:
Yes, I am. Am I missing something??
I thought these were the last screenshots on the equilibris site. Are there newer ones? Where??

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 15 Apr 2006, 16:14

Nice screenshots from April 13th! I kept thinking you were talking about the ones before, but now I checked the site... :tsup:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 15 Apr 2006, 19:05

Dalai:
Yes, I am. Am I missing something??
I thought these were the last screenshots on the equilibris site. Are there newer ones? Where??
The new screenshots are available only i the Russian version of the page right now, they'll be translated later on, probably. Right now, just select the russian language on the tab on the top right corner of the news window :)

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 15 Apr 2006, 19:40

Actually, the new screenshots are also displayed in the English page. Try Ctrl+F5!

Return to “Equilibris”