Heroes 4 is DEAD

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)

How is it?

It's DEAD to me!
11%
No way! I love it and play it constantly!
58%
Might restart playing it once a new Equilibris is out!
32%

Total votes: 76

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes 4 is DEAD

Unread postby okrane » 13 Mar 2008, 15:40

Let's face it. With Equilibris not advancing and Heroes 5 out, this game is pretty much dead and buried.

What do you think?

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 13 Mar 2008, 16:11

No way. I still play this game daily.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 13 Mar 2008, 16:45

If I were to play an older Heroes, I would go back to 2 or 3. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to re-learn the Heroes IV mechanics.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 13 Mar 2008, 17:01

No way! I love it and mapmake in it constantly! H5 and H4 are totally different games, unlike H3 and H5 in which case I consider H3 dead because there is nothing H3 has that H5 hasn't.

And judging by number of people who have posted in my tread in Mapmaking Guild (Faceless Destinies), there are many fans who still play it and wait for new maps to come up.
The main reason why H4 ain't played so much is lack of maps. Reason for lack of maps is because most of H4 mapmakers excepted to mapmake in H5 rather then in H4 when it comes up. Some have converted, some have abonded mapmaking in total, some have started making maps in H5, but keep mapmaking in H4 as well (Humakt) and some returned to H4.
Of course, if there are no great maps in near future, there will be nothing that shall inspire newer mapmakers to start making maps in H4 and it might die.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Mar 2008, 17:33

Well, i don't think Heroes 4 is dead.I chose the 2nd option but i must admid that i really don't play it daily, but every once in a while it just itches and i'll start playing it again!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Still love and play, even make maps for H4 :)

Unread postby TheUnknown » 13 Mar 2008, 17:34

There maybe aren't much posts about Heroes IV but that doesen't mean people don't play it anymore. I am not sure for the online gaming. I hardly find time becose of my studies and friends for online hanging out.

In any case it is my favourite game I play it very often as it is (for me) the best balanced turn based strategy (better than chess :P ). If you have time to spend with your friends on hotseat or even much better a lan game or online game you'll have a fun final battle guaranteed.

On the other side I may say it has some issues but most of them are fixed with equilibris (huge thanks to them for doing this much already and still doing...).

Don't know how much and what things are better in Heroes V but I do know that there are also lot of stuff in H 4 that are a lot better then H 5 (like simultaneous retaliation)

p.s. I consider the bad A.I. as a blessing as it keeps you off the PC playing only by yourself :) rather then playing angainst humans. Playing H 4 campaigns and some maps by yourself is also a very good and fun choice.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 13 Mar 2008, 20:50

Angelspit wrote:If I were to play an older Heroes, I would go back to 2 or 3. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to re-learn the Heroes IV mechanics.
Heroes gives me patience, I use it to relax. Otherwise I would have never played it.

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 14 Mar 2008, 03:24

Even I don't play Heroes IV for now, I still voted that isn't dead.
Last edited by BAD23ro on 19 Oct 2010, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 14 Mar 2008, 08:33

Well, as all posters here are Heroes 4 passionate fans and all others don't bother watching this thread it means the poll's majority will reflect that.
But anyway, I still think there aren't so many people left to play this game in order to make a real community,.

Vidocq666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vidocq666 » 14 Mar 2008, 11:32

okrane wrote:Well, as all posters here are Heroes 4 passionate fans and all others don't bother watching this thread it means the poll's majority will reflect that.
But anyway, I still think there aren't so many people left to play this game in order to make a real community,.
I don't get the point of this thread. You seem convinced H4 is dead, so nothing anyone says will change your mind. Maybe add "only vote and reply if you are not a H4 fan and only if you do not like the game" in the thread title?

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 14 Mar 2008, 13:17

Dude, it's not about what I think. It's a discussion. It's not meant to convince me or anyone of anything.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 14 Mar 2008, 13:39

I don't think so. I guess okrane was just "Oh god, I'm so" bored. Anyway what kind of attitude is this
I don't get the point of this thread. You seem convinced H4 is dead, so nothing anyone says will change your mind. Maybe add "only vote and reply if you are not a H4 fan and only if you do not like the game" in the thread title?
Barely post, and than you are insulting people? That's shameful if you have complaints, write to a mod.

Nah, back to topic...
okrane wrote:Well, as all posters here are Heroes 4 passionate fans and all others don't bother watching this thread it means the poll's majority will reflect that.
This might be true, but even if it is, if there are 10 people who still like & play H4, the game isn't dead. And hopefully the community won't be die either.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 14 Mar 2008, 15:17

okrane was just "Oh god, I'm so" bored.
Sooo true :D

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 14 Mar 2008, 21:38

I don't think HoMM4 is dead, but the Equilibris expansion have rather high points on my "dead" high score.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 15 Mar 2008, 00:14

I hope it is not dead, regardless of others' view on H-5, for me the series dies if H-VI does not return some of the RPG feel of H-IV. I think this unlikely so as H-IV dies so does my interest in all thing Heroes. :(
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 15 Mar 2008, 00:46

For me won't die, or I hope so. I don't intend to stop playing it.
okrane wrote:Sooo true :D
:)

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 15 Mar 2008, 14:39

Let's face it. With Equilibris not advancing and Heroes 5 out, this game is pretty much dead and buried
hahaha, h5 is very borring game, so easy, only for children, strategik adult players can continue playing this marvelous h4 game....
of course i would be happy to play equilibris 6.0, but the current game (3.51, thanks you EQUIL TEAM !!!!!), stay so interesting, that i can continue playing as long time my AC league is alive:
http://www.archangelcastle.com/h4/ligue ... angers.php

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 15 Mar 2008, 14:53

hahaha, h5 is very borring game, so easy, only for children, strategik adult players can continue playing this marvelous h4 game....
I don't know how can H5 be easier then the easiest game in HoMM series.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Swiftfingers
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Swiftfingers » 15 Mar 2008, 17:07

Of course Homm 4 is not dead. There is a world championship going on at the moment with a lot of players involved. How can it be dead?

http://www.heroesleague.ru/wc2008/main_en.html

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Mar 2008, 01:56

Voted: No way! I love it and play it constantly!

There are still Maps & Campaigns being created for Heroes IV. Unlike Heroes V, Heroes IV has a excellent, user-friendly Map Editor … which keeps the game alive and well beloved for a lot of us Heroes fans!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Equilibris”