Modding of the Campaign-picture

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Radagast
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Modding of the Campaign-picture

Unread postby Radagast » 19 Jan 2008, 19:26

The Heroes 4 Ressource Explorer unpacked the Campaign picture in several Files like "layers.Campaign_Splashscreens.192x154.Campaign1B". The imgconv.hpl allows me to convert them into a bitmap.
But I need to replace these Files in the new_mod.h4r. What is the Graphic-Format of the Original File ? Exist a graphic-tool that I can use to edit these Files or to convert a Bitmap or jpg to the original Heroes 4 File format ?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 Jan 2008, 21:40

I have no idea, but I'm going to watch this thread until someone who does answers, and if any new picture can be exported to other players. Unfortunately, I suspect not.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Radagast
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Radagast » 24 Jan 2008, 00:07

The first step i have found out myself.
The campaign pictures are in raw-graphic Format. I could read it with Corel Photopaint 8.0. The raw-parameters for the 192x154 splashscreens are:
width: 192, high: 154 (sometimes 153), Header-size: 2034, 8Bit/256colors, RGB, Color tabled, Color table starts at Byte 6 and has 256 entrys.
Photopaint 8.0 can read the files but it istn't able to save. So, I take a Foto and convert it with the Color-table of the raw-Image. I saved the Foto as bitmap and opend it with Adobe Paintshop. Adobe Paintshop can save it as a raw image without header. With a hex-editor i copied the header of the original file to these image. Now, i have the Image i want.
(I hope this is understandable, my english ist not very well ;| )
But now i have another problem. The original filename "layers.Campaign_Splashscreens.192x154.Chaos_Intro" is too long. H4resex can't packed this file correctly. But i need the original name to replace it in the new_mod.h4r. I tried ist also with mh4, but mh4 is too buggy. Has anyone an idea what I can do ? Must I develop my own packer-solution ?

By the way: The background pictures (bitmap_raw.menu.main.1280 a.s.o) are also raw-Images but 24Bit RGB and a 8 Byte header. Modification of them works fine :)

Return to “Equilibris”