Changes into last Equilibris Mod(testing purpose for now)

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)

How much should provide City Hall?

Poll ended at 20 Oct 2007, 05:34

1. 1000 gold like it is now
38%
2. 1250 gold
No votes
3. 1500-2000 gold
63%

Total votes: 16

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 23 Sep 2007, 09:52

Omega wrote:
Still, they dont have to be upset if others are willing to make some changes...The changes are for testing purpose for now and nothing more ;)

Of course they wont be upset if people have new ideas and are willing to make improvment, but I think ppl will be upset if he makes all this nice changes and release it as a Equilibris mod.
I thin kI read earlier in this thread that his changes could work both with the original H4-version and Equi, so why not release a mod with those changes without claiming it's a new Equilibris mod?

And I would love such an improvment (City hall provides 2000) since your town gave up to 4000 both in homm3 and homm5 :)

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Omega » 23 Sep 2007, 10:31

vulnevia wrote:
Omega wrote:
Still, they dont have to be upset if others are willing to make some changes...The changes are for testing purpose for now and nothing more ;)

Of course they wont be upset if people have new ideas and are willing to make improvment, but I think ppl will be upset if he makes all this nice changes and release it as a Equilibris mod.
I thin kI read earlier in this thread that his changes could work both with the original H4-version and Equi, so why not release a mod with those changes without claiming it's a new Equilibris mod?

And I would love such an improvment (City hall provides 2000) since your town gave up to 4000 both in homm3 and homm5 :)
He could make a new mod or something like that, but is pointless because Equilibris did already great changes and therefore he integrated the new changes into the last Equilibris release. As I said, for testing purpose only now :)

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Omega » 23 Sep 2007, 10:32

I'm very glad that we found someone willing to help us.
Last edited by Omega on 14 Jul 2009, 00:36, edited 2 times in total.

Gundula
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gundula » 23 Sep 2007, 11:01

I think Bad is doing a great job...keep out the good job,and BAD,if you need help please contact me... :)

Gundula
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gundula » 23 Sep 2007, 11:21

Great work guys and keep up the good work and if need my help, contact me

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Omega » 23 Sep 2007, 11:42

Great work guys and keep up the good work and if need my help, contact me
;)
Last edited by Omega on 23 Sep 2007, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Sep 2007, 12:11

Well, that is exactly the problem. We will end up with 2 incompatible mods, both bringing something we want to the game.

The best solution to me would be that you get in contact with the Equilibris Team who can give you their changes to the game so that you can continue to help from that point. Given that they don't have the time to work on the mod anymore.

By the way... where are you from?

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Omega » 23 Sep 2007, 12:52

okrane wrote:Well, that is exactly the problem. We will end up with 2 incompatible mods, both bringing something we want to the game.

The best solution to me would be that you get in contact with the Equilibris Team who can give you their changes to the game so that you can continue to help from that point. Given that they don't have the time to work on the mod anymore.

Incompatible mods? There is no mod, there is just some changes for testing purpose...Nothing more for now, please try to understand this.

Please show me just one person from Equilibris Team, so I can post my own opinions or talk with them, but as I can see, there is no reaction from them yet :(
Last edited by Omega on 14 Jul 2009, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 23 Sep 2007, 13:47

Omega wrote:Incompatible mods? There is no mod, there is just some changes for testing purpose...Nothing more for now, please try to understand this.
In that spirit then, why not tie the city hall's gold production to difficulty level.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Omega » 24 Sep 2007, 18:33

jeff wrote:
Omega wrote:Incompatible mods? There is no mod, there is just some changes for testing purpose...Nothing more for now, please try to understand this.
In that spirit then, why not tie the city hall's gold production to difficulty level.

You mean that on impossible level, City Hall to produce more gold?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 24 Sep 2007, 20:07

Omega wrote:
jeff wrote:

You mean that on impossible level, City Hall to produce more gold?
Just the opposite, on novice give more gold and then on heroic little or none,
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 25 Sep 2007, 00:01

You have to think about what your changes are going to do to maps that have already been made. There are many maps that if you make it produce little or no gold you will make the map unwinable. That is not fair to the mapmaker or to the player. The mapmaker's maps are going to get poor ratings if somebody plays it and has no chance of winning even though the mapmaker had the map balanced originally.

You have to consider changes in economy very carefully or your work will destroy the work of others.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Omega » 25 Sep 2007, 00:24

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:You have to think about what your changes are going to do to maps that have already been made. There are many maps that if you make it produce little or no gold you will make the map unwinable. That is not fair to the mapmaker or to the player. The mapmaker's maps are going to get poor ratings if somebody plays it and has no chance of winning even though the mapmaker had the map balanced originally.

You have to consider changes in economy very carefully or your work will destroy the work of others.

GOW

Yeah, wont be any new changes for now.

Still, I enjoy the idea of difficulty :D

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 27 Sep 2007, 00:30

Sorry for keeping you all waiting for so long, I had my long earned vacation.

2 Omega:
Changes that you typed in 1-st post of this topic are:
1. Trivial.
2. Unnecessary.

I'll comment on 2-nd. Most things in the game that can yield income have a payback period of 8-10 days. That was the reason for changing peasants, btw. Those changes in opening post do not obey this informal rule.

Low income from towns forces you to be active. To search for different creature banks, hire lords and so on. IMO it is a plus.

As for cooperation - any programmer can take some task, work on it alone where and when he likes and then easily incorporate it into Equilibris. We have all the systems setup and ready. What we lack is committed programmers. If your friend has commitment - he is wellcome.

I'll comment on posts other than the first one later.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Omega » 27 Sep 2007, 00:52

Dalai wrote:Sorry for keeping you all waiting for so long, I had my long earned vacation.

2 Omega:
Changes that you typed in 1-st post of this topic are:
1. Trivial.
2. Unnecessary.

I'll comment on 2-nd. Most things in the game that can yield income have a payback period of 8-10 days. That was the reason for changing peasants, btw. Those changes in opening post do not obey this informal rule.

Low income from towns forces you to be active. To search for different creature banks, hire lords and so on. IMO it is a plus.

As for cooperation - any programmer can take some task, work on it alone where and when he likes and then easily incorporate it into Equilibris. We have all the systems setup and ready. What we lack is committed programmers. If your friend has commitment - he is wellcome.

I'll comment on posts other than the first one later.

Thank you Dalai for feedback. Well, you are half right because it seems that some people(look at poll) want some changes for income. I said and I must repeat my self, I always play on impossible difficulty, but a change must be done or find other solutions.

I cant speak for my friend yet, but hope you dont mind for some changes that are for testing purpose ;)

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Omega » 01 Oct 2007, 23:07

@Dalai

You can contact BAD23ro as well because he knows to make changes using hex-editors. In fact, he helped my friend 3 days ago with more information about offsets :)

My friend will remain secret for now because he requested.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 04 Oct 2007, 09:41

Omega wrote:You can contact BAD23ro as well because he knows to make changes using hex-editors. In fact, he helped my friend 3 days ago with more information about offsets :)
Unfortunately, it's not enough. Thanks for the hint anyway.
My friend will remain secret for now because he requested.
OMG! :D
Don't blow his cover! Big brother watches you! :devious:
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 04 Oct 2007, 13:23

Dalai wrote: Unfortunately, it's not enough. Thanks for the hint anyway.
Well, I admit that I helped his friend with some information and more "tricks" to make changes into Heroes IV. :-D

Guarderman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Guarderman » 06 Oct 2007, 06:03

i know i can't much about modding, well i can't nothing, only to place files in H5. So where shall i put the townhall/cityhall file?

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 07 Oct 2007, 01:28

Guarderman wrote:i know i can't much about modding, well i can't nothing, only to place files in H5. So where shall i put the townhall/cityhall file?

Replace the executable with new one and the rest of files put in data.

Return to “Equilibris”