Changes into last Equilibris Mod(testing purpose for now)

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)

Moderator: Moderators

How much should provide City Hall?

Poll ended at Oct 20 2007, 5:34

1. 1000 gold like it is now
6
38%
2. 1250 gold
0
No votes
3. 1500-2000 gold
10
63%
 
Total votes: 16

Taodor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 13
Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Location: Beograd

Postby Taodor » Jan 2 2008, 11:42

I agree with Dalai. that looks good at the first glance but on the long run it is a disaster. I always hated in H3 when you build capitol you can buy everything and playing become in quantity not quality. And all because enormus income. Thats not the case in H4.
Not everything people ask is good for game balans and gameplay. The main reason is that majority thinks in subjective way not in objective way.
And also I dont see any dificulty with economy management, that is not the problem, only a small sweet hardship.
Maybe something like mithril bars is a lot better and subtile enchancement to economy. It makes you explore.
H4 rules above ALL

User avatar
Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team
Posts: 1073
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Dalai » Jan 2 2008, 18:58

BAD23ro wrote:What experience do you have in multiplayer? lol..that makes me laugh...

What is so funny about a fact you know absolutely nothing about?

BAD23ro wrote:
Dalai wrote:Do you really think it would be right to do what poll says?

Then what is right?

The question should be answered in connection with previous sentence. Right is leave Sony as they are.

The rest is just irrelevant, sorry.

Gundula wrote:It's been a long time since last update and all I hear you is talking, we can't provide tools, we can't teach...this is ********...

What tools I have to provide to you? What I have to teach you?
Remind me - did I promise to adopt you?
Do I have have some unmet contractual obligations to you?

Gundula wrote:So, I don't care what you say because you just taked in the last 1 year...

What did YOU do last 1 year? Why do you bother to answer then?
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel
Posts: 1432
Joined: 27 Nov 2005

Postby ByteBandit » Jan 2 2008, 19:25

Dalai, I'm impressed with your cool, calm and collected demeanor. It almost reminds me of another programmer I know. Slava. Like him, don't be shaken by the fans. Progress the project at your own pace and your own style. But keep them in mind anyway.

User avatar
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 3530
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby HodgePodge » Jan 2 2008, 22:29

Dalai wrote:
Gundula wrote:It's been a long time since last update and all I hear you is talking, we can't provide tools, we can't teach...this is ********...

What tools I have to provide to you? What I have to teach you?
Remind me - did I promise to adopt you?
Do I have have some unmet contractual obligations to you?

Gundula wrote:So, I don't care what you say because you just taked in the last 1 year...

What did YOU do last 1 year? Why do you bother to answer then?

:rofl:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

BAD23ro

Postby BAD23ro » Jan 2 2008, 23:00

Taodor wrote:I always hated in H3 when you build capitol you can buy everything and playing become in quantity not quality.


Heroes III SOD, not WOG...In Wog gold is a big factor when are great fights and difficulty scripts are enabled.
Last edited by BAD23ro on Oct 19 2010, 23:44, edited 4 times in total.

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 23
Joined: 19 Sep 2007

Postby Omega » Jan 3 2008, 1:22

Let me get this...was a Poll and majority voted for the new changes, so what's your problem Dalai?

This is democracy or you don't like that ?

Was a poll ? Asked people?


BAD23ro wrote:Aren't my changes... my own version has 1000 gold, I just helped because was requested, so keep that in mind


Indeed...you just helped me and my friend...that's all

BAD23ro wrote:
The difference between all versions is that my own version has less overpowered tactics,life magic and artifacts. Also, neutral units are faster, not like Trolls in Equilibris or Winds of War that can have a small chance to do something.

Just an example:
===========

*Tactics skill(Offense):

Basic 5%
Advanced 10%
Expert 15%
Master 20%
GrandMaster 25%

*Tactics skill(Defense):

Basic 5%
Advanced 10%
Expert 15%
Master 20%
GrandMaster 25%

*Life Magic skill(Resurrection):

Basic 5%
Advanced 10%
Expert 15%
Master 20%
GrandMaster 25%


** Spells**

- Spell Teleport cannot be used on enemies (too unbalance);
- Spell Prayer cannot be used on enemies(life units).

** Artifacts **


- Ring of Protection Increases the Melee and Ranged Defense of all friendly targets by 10% (was 20%)
- Warlord's Ring Increases the melee and ranged damage of all friendly targets by 10% ( was 20%)
- Dwarven Shield Gives all friendly targets +10% to their Melee and Ranged Defense. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense. ( was 20%)
- Steadfast Shield Gives all friendly targets +15% to their Melee and Ranged Defense. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense. ( was 30%)
- Crusader's Mace all friendly targets do +15% melee and ranged damage.( was 30%).


Can you send me these changes? I like them and we should implement them in next version...of course separate version for now if you don't mind?

Are lots of things that I don't like in Equilibris like: Every second levelup increases hero's own Magic Resistance by 3%

User avatar
Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team
Posts: 1073
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Dalai » Jan 3 2008, 5:28

BAD23ro wrote:You know nothing about me as I don't know about you....At least I won long ago, what do you won? I suggest you keep off your comments about this subject...

Lack of multiplayer experience is what you told us about.

BAD23ro wrote:Heroes III SOD, not WOG...In Wog gold is a big factor when are great fights and difficulty scripts are enabled.

Oh yes. When buying a new yacht money is a big factor too. But this is not the subject of discussion, right?


Omega wrote:Let me get this...was a Poll and majority voted for the new changes, so what's your problem Dalai?

16 votes. You must be kidding. The sample is not represantative.

And even if it were, I gave another reason not to change the figure. Here is the third one - if the author thinks 1000 is not enough, he/she puts a script or just places a gold mine near the castle. That's it. Many maps have those.

Omega wrote:This is democracy or you don't like that ?

Well... Probably I would prefer representative democracy to direct democracy. Can we live with tyranny of the majority or we prefer to defend minority rights? All those interesting questions. :D

Ok, I decided. Vote for enlightened absolutism. B-)

Are lots of things that I don't like in Equilibris like: Every second levelup increases hero's own Magic Resistance by 3%

You must be one of those who likes the concept "every hero must have combat and MR". But some (many?) people prefer not to limit themself by just 8 advanced classes.


ByteBandit wrote:Dalai, I'm impressed with your cool, calm and collected demeanor. It almost reminds me of another programmer I know. Slava. Like him, don't be shaken by the fans. Progress the project at your own pace and your own style. But keep them in mind anyway.

:) Thanks for this ironic (?) but still supporting comment.

The thing is - this is not the first time we hear comments like "you refuse to give us the TOOLS". But noone can explain WHAT tools we refuse to give. I'm not even talking about "WHY" part. There is the only answer to that: "Take debugger and disassembler, and if it's legal where you live, work with the program."

I'm not a programmer, and this is the most important reason why I can't forecast the time needed to finish some set of features.

You may have noticed that Lost (our chief programmer) didn't post here for a very long time. Unfortunately, this reflects his level of involvment in current activities.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

BAD23ro

Postby BAD23ro » Jan 3 2008, 6:06

Dalai wrote:Lack of multiplayer experience is what you told us about.


Is for the last 2 years....That is my lack of multiplayer experience :)

I have lack for singleplayer too...You can call lack of experience with Heroes IV in the last 2 years if you want. :)


Dalai wrote:Oh yes. When buying a new yacht money is a big factor too. But this is not the subject of discussion, right?


It is, but you must understand that my own version has 1000 gold too, only provided for others because was requested. :)


Omega wrote:
Can you send me these changes? I like them and we should implement them in next version...of course separate version for now if you don't mind?



I will send you those, but I don't want to be posted...

User avatar
BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 134
Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Contact:

Postby BrennusWhiskey » Jan 3 2008, 10:37

Guys calm down... We all are nervous cause we waiting for new mod so long. But if this can be a mod our dreams we can wait longer right? ;)

My question: how my map can be added to New Equilibris? (Lions Muzzle - two version basic and WoW, tested online many times)

User avatar
avt104981
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 9
Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Location: USA, New Orleans

Postby avt104981 » Jan 3 2008, 12:57

Dalai wrote:Sorry for keeping you all waiting for so long, I had my long earned vacation.

2 Omega:
Changes that you typed in 1-st post of this topic are:
1. Trivial.
2. Unnecessary.

I'll comment on 2-nd. Most things in the game that can yield income have a payback period of 8-10 days. That was the reason for changing peasants, btw. Those changes in opening post do not obey this informal rule.

Low income from towns forces you to be active. To search for different creature banks, hire lords and so on. IMO it is a plus.

As for cooperation - any programmer can take some task, work on it alone where and when he likes and then easily incorporate it into Equilibris. We have all the systems setup and ready. What we lack is committed programmers. If your friend has commitment - he is wellcome.

I'll comment on posts other than the first one later.


I second.

User avatar
Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team
Posts: 1073
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Dalai » Jan 3 2008, 16:45

BAD23ro wrote:It is, but you must understand that my own version has 1000 gold too, only provided for others because was requested. :)

That's great you left it unchanged in your version. I'm arguing with the position you defend - if someone wants it, it should be done. I want street lights to be blue, pink and magenta, but they are still red, yellow and green. Because there are good reasons for that. But I can change the wallpaper in my house to whatever colour I wish. Think about the difference.

BrennusWhiskey wrote:My question: how my map can be added to New Equilibris? (Lions Muzzle - two version basic and WoW, tested online many times)

There is no problem with that. I think we'll make a special topic right after we start testing next release. In that topic every author will post his expressed agreement that his map(s) will be included into next release.

I think about this procedure not because I'm such a bureaucrat but because this way we'll have the most recent versions of the maps. And noone will say we are using someone's maps without permission.

Not all maps in the topic will be included.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Taodor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 13
Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Location: Beograd

Postby Taodor » Jan 3 2008, 20:08

To Omega and BAD23ro:

The metter is simple. You can make OPTION to increace income, but you CAN NOT just change to inceased income without option of normal income because then people who voted against it will not play that version!
H4 rules above ALL

BAD23ro

Postby BAD23ro » Jan 4 2008, 3:46

It's impossible right now to make options like in Wog....
Last edited by BAD23ro on Jul 13 2009, 8:13, edited 2 times in total.

Taodor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 13
Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Location: Beograd

Postby Taodor » Jan 4 2008, 22:33

Sorry for the offtopic but i must ask what is deference betwen normal equilibris and turnament edition?
H4 rules above ALL

User avatar
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 1543
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby Akul » Jan 19 2008, 19:11

Taodor wrote:Sorry for the offtopic but i must ask what is deference betwen normal equilibris and turnament edition?


TE is Hotseat ballancing version.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

BAD23ro

Postby BAD23ro » Feb 19 2008, 22:10

:)
Last edited by BAD23ro on Jul 13 2009, 8:14, edited 2 times in total.

Valandil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 5
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby Valandil » Feb 20 2008, 16:41

I'm getting a fatal error from Megafileupload;

FATAL ERROR: Connection to database server failed.
MYSQL Error:Lost connection to MySQL server during query
If the error shows on secondery server, you need setup remote access to the mysql database of main server


I've tried it many times.
Is there any other way I can get it ?
Thanks !


edit: got it in the package now with bigfileupload.

BAD23ro

Postby BAD23ro » Feb 20 2008, 20:00

Hope will work :)
Last edited by BAD23ro on Jul 13 2009, 8:21, edited 1 time in total.

Galactygon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 30
Joined: 15 May 2006

Postby Galactygon » Mar 2 2008, 0:33

Something I thought of (it might have been posted before) was to give heroes with Diplomacy bonuses at trading resources.

The bonus would come into effect when the hero visits a trading post, or if the player visits a marketplace in a town the hero is stationed in.

The bonus would increase with the skill of the hero, and would not be cumulative if multiple heroes of the same skill are in the army. We assume the hero with the highest skill in Nobility (or Diplomacy!) does the trading.

-Galactygon


Return to “Equilibris”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests