Changes into last Equilibris Mod(testing purpose for now)

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)

Moderator: Moderators

How much should provide City Hall?

Poll ended at Oct 20 2007, 5:34

1. 1000 gold like it is now
6
38%
2. 1250 gold
0
No votes
3. 1500-2000 gold
10
63%
 
Total votes: 16

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 23
Joined: 19 Sep 2007

Changes into last Equilibris Mod(testing purpose for now)

Postby Omega » Sep 19 2007, 13:38

................................................................................................................
Last edited by Omega on Jul 14 2009, 0:40, edited 25 times in total.

User avatar
jeff
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3713
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby jeff » Sep 20 2007, 23:41

Perhaps your friend should get in touch with the equilibris team, real world responsibilites are obviously preventing them completing the next release. His help might be welcomed and we could then get the update we have been patiently waiting and waiting and waiting for. :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 23
Joined: 19 Sep 2007

Postby Omega » Sep 21 2007, 8:05

jeff wrote:Perhaps your friend should get in touch with the equilibris team, real world responsibilites are obviously preventing them completing the next release. His help might be welcomed and we could then get the update we have been patiently waiting and waiting and waiting for. :D



My friend likes to work alone(at least that he told me) momentanly and he is prepared to help Equilibris if they want his help, but until then he can make some changes and and if they are good, the changes can be implemented into the next Equilibris release.
Last edited by Omega on Dec 29 2007, 4:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 2704
Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere deep in the Caribbean...
Contact:

Postby Metathron » Sep 21 2007, 11:19

I actually like that the HoMM IV City Hall "only" yields 1000 gold. This means you can only buy a limited amount of creatures, and this makes you really appreciate them and come up with tactics to utilize them to the max. It also motivates you to go out looking for an additional gold source. Another thing that supports the 1000-gold-City-Hall is the HoMM IV marketplace, which has really REALLY great exchange rates, so you can easily get rid of a useless resource for one you need badly.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 23
Joined: 19 Sep 2007

Postby Omega » Sep 21 2007, 14:11

Metathron wrote:I actually like that the HoMM IV City Hall "only" yields 1000 gold. This means you can only buy a limited amount of creatures, and this makes you really appreciate them and come up with tactics to utilize them to the max. It also motivates you to go out looking for an additional gold source. Another thing that supports the 1000-gold-City-Hall is the HoMM IV marketplace, which has really REALLY great exchange rates, so you can easily get rid of a useless resource for one you need badly.



You have right, but the game needs some changes into the economy...I always play on last difficulty and sometimes is boring till get some gold.

I requested many times some changes and finally my friend did and is better...His changes arent final yet :)
Last edited by Omega on Sep 21 2007, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 23
Joined: 19 Sep 2007

Postby Omega » Sep 21 2007, 14:19

What about Chaos magic? The main complaint about it is that direct damage spells are rendered very much useless in later stages of the game, when large armies take the stage. One good solution I saw was to make those spells' damage output increase exponentially, or relative to the hero's level. What do you think?


I know this isnt from this topic, but you requested that spell damage output to be increased.

My friend wants to make more changes into Heroes IV, never to make the game unbalanced or easier...Just to make more changes to increase gameplay :)

User avatar
Pol
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9227
Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Location: IN SOMNIS VERITAS
Contact:

Postby Pol » Sep 21 2007, 18:39

Hi Omega, congrat to your friends for such a generous contribution ;)

What about change of PoI (Poition of Immortality). Can that be added like an option (on/off) I would bet that it could nicely accompany the City Hall increased production. :-D

PS Don't be scared BAD23ro is one of our famous WoG modders. It's stating for Balahura Alexandru Ducu not evil. :D

Eeee, still on topic, I guess changes of AI are still far from possible?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

BAD23ro

Postby BAD23ro » Sep 21 2007, 19:38

Good point about Potion of Immortality and needs a change because AI cant buy this potion.
Last edited by BAD23ro on Jul 13 2009, 8:10, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jeff
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3713
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby jeff » Sep 21 2007, 20:15

Omega wrote: My friend likes to work alone(at least that he told me) momentanly and he is prepared to help Equilibris if the want his help, but until then he can make some changes and and if they are good, the changes can be implemented into the next Equilibris release.


I can understand that, but here is the problem I see, if he makes changes and then the Equilibris team does get around releasing their update without his changes, now we have several versions running around and then compatibility issues MAY arise. So I think its great he can make changes, but I think 'big picture wise' it would be best if they somehow can work together. Now I admit I can be way off base here and none this might make any difference, but it is a thought in any case.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sep 21 2007, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » Sep 21 2007, 20:25

jeff wrote:
Omega wrote: My friend likes to work alone(at least that he told me) momentanly and he is prepared to help Equilibris if the want his help, but until then he can make some changes and and if they are good, the changes can be implemented into the next Equilibris release.


I can understand that, but here is the problem I see, if he makes changes and then the Equilibris team does get around releasing their update without his changes, now we have several versions running around and then compatibility issues MAY arise. So I think its great he can make changes, but I think 'big picture wise' it would be best if they somehow can work together. Now I admit I can be way off base here and none this make make any difference, but it is a thought in any case.


Yes, he should make no changes to be uploaded to the internet unless he gets permission from the team. Equilibris is their work. It would be like somebody making changes to maps made by somebody else and then sending in the altered map for download without the mapmaker's permission. Except that the Equilibris mod was much harder to make than an individual map.

We all want to see the new Equilibris version come out, but it really has to be a version approved by the Equilibris team.

I second the idea that your friend should contact the team to see if he can help with the team effort.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 23
Joined: 19 Sep 2007

Postby Omega » Sep 21 2007, 20:43

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:
jeff wrote:
Omega wrote: My friend likes to work alone(at least that he told me) momentanly and he is prepared to help Equilibris if the want his help, but until then he can make some changes and and if they are good, the changes can be implemented into the next Equilibris release.


I can understand that, but here is the problem I see, if he makes changes and then the Equilibris team does get around releasing their update without his changes, now we have several versions running around and then compatibility issues MAY arise. So I think its great he can make changes, but I think 'big picture wise' it would be best if they somehow can work together. Now I admit I can be way off base here and none this make make any difference, but it is a thought in any case.


Yes, he should make no changes to be uploaded to the internet unless he gets permission from the team. Equilibris is their work. It would be like somebody making changes to maps made by somebody else and then sending in the altered map for download without the mapmaker's permission. Except that the Equilibris mod was much harder to make than an individual map.

We all want to see the new Equilibris version come out, but it really has to be a version approved by the Equilibris team.

I second the idea that your friend should contact the team to see if he can help with the team effort.

GOW



Did Equilibris team had permision from 3DO? How many know to change the game? Do you think that changes made by him has something to do with Equilibris? Is his work and he choosed last Equilibris Mod because is more recently, but he can make the changes into original game as well.

Ok, I dont want to be rude, but I see no reaction from any Equilibris's team so far, so, those changes are made because long ago someone asked for this and they did nothing..From now on, every request that is possible to be implemented will be added into a "Post Equilibris" and posted.

Of course, I want some reactions from a member of Equilibris

User avatar
jeff
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3713
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby jeff » Sep 22 2007, 3:04

Omega wrote: Did Equilibris team had permision from 3DO? How many know to change the game? Do you think that changes made by him has something to do with Equilibris? Is his work and he choosed last Equilibris Mod because is more recently, but he can make the changes into original game as well.

Ok, I dont want to be rude, but I see no reaction from any Equilibris's team so far, so, those changes are made because long ago someone asked for this and they did nothing..From now on, every request that is possible to be implemented will be added into a "Post Equilibris" and posted.

Of course, I want some reactions from a member of Equilibris


Ok take a deep breath, I think you are looking at this the wrong way. No one is claiming copyright here. I can't speak for GOW but I doubt he was suggesting any infringment on anyones rights. My point was simply having too many variations of H-IV out there is not helpful. Are you and your friend allowed to mod it, of course. I just don't want to see the community fragmented by there being several potentialy non-compatible variants. That's all, is it polite to communicate with the Equilibris team yes, it is required no. So if you want to go for it by all means go for it. My preference would be to see your obviously talented friend help and maybe get the team moving so the new version is finally released. :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 23
Joined: 19 Sep 2007

Postby Omega » Sep 22 2007, 4:50

jeff wrote:
Omega wrote: Did Equilibris team had permision from 3DO? How many know to change the game? Do you think that changes made by him has something to do with Equilibris? Is his work and he choosed last Equilibris Mod because is more recently, but he can make the changes into original game as well.

Ok, I dont want to be rude, but I see no reaction from any Equilibris's team so far, so, those changes are made because long ago someone asked for this and they did nothing..From now on, every request that is possible to be implemented will be added into a "Post Equilibris" and posted.

Of course, I want some reactions from a member of Equilibris


Ok take a deep breath, I think you are looking at this the wrong way. No one is claiming copyright here. I can't speak for GOW but I doubt he was suggesting any infringment on anyones rights. My point was simply having too many variations of H-IV out there is not helpful. Are you and your friend allowed to mod it, of course. I just don't want to see the community fragmented by there being several potentialy non-compatible variants. That's all, is it polite to communicate with the Equilibris team yes, it is required no. So if you want to go for it by all means go for it. My preference would be to see your obviously talented friend help and maybe get the team moving so the new version is finally released. :D



I and my friend want to cooperate with Equilibris, but so far I see no reaction from them.

These changes can be use for testing and nothing more for now...Just some changes that can be add later or not, but what can be wrong for testing?

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » Sep 22 2007, 5:49

You only started this thread a few days ago, during the middle of a work week. Give them some time and I'm sure you'll get a response.

Nothing is wrong with testing or doing anything to Equilibris on your own computer. What I was saying is that you shouldn't put out another version of Equilibris for public consumption without getting the team's permission first. I know I would be upset if somebody decided to put out a version of one of the maps I've made without even contacting me first.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."

Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 23
Joined: 19 Sep 2007

Postby Omega » Sep 22 2007, 6:46

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:You only started this thread a few days ago, during the middle of a work week. Give them some time and I'm sure you'll get a response.

Nothing is wrong with testing or doing anything to Equilibris on your own computer. What I was saying is that you shouldn't put out another version of Equilibris for public consumption without getting the team's permission first. I know I would be upset if somebody decided to put out a version of one of the maps I've made without even contacting me first.

GOW



For now, I wont make any new updates or something like this, but if wont get any feedback from a member of Equilibris Team, I'll continue to post new changes asked by some players.

P.S My friend can make a patch that can be applied to any version of Heroes IV (original and equilibris) and some files will be patched and therefore he wont need approval from Equilibris Team.

Wont be any new updates for at least a few days until someone from Equilibris Team will see this post and "give" so called permission about some changes that are for testing purpose only for now.

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 23
Joined: 19 Sep 2007

Postby Omega » Sep 22 2007, 10:14

Pol wrote:Hi Omega, congrat to your friends for such a generous contribution ;)

What about change of PoI (Poition of Immortality). Can that be added like an option (on/off) I would bet that it could nicely accompany the City Hall increased production. :-D

Eeee, still on topic, I guess changes of AI are still far from possible?



Potion of Immortality should be casted after my own opinion before battle, not in battle until better solutions. I'll have to talk with my friend and see what his opinion about this :)

User avatar
okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 1786
Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Location: Paris

Postby okrane » Sep 22 2007, 10:19

Wow great stuff in reviving the modding of Heroes 4.

Although I do agree that the best is working together with the Equilibris Team, cause joint forces are always better.

Anyway, great job

User avatar
jeff
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3713
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby jeff » Sep 22 2007, 14:27

Omega wrote: For now, I wont make any new updates or something like this, but if wont get any feedback from a member of Equilibris Team, I'll continue to post new changes asked by some players.

P.S My friend can make a patch that can be applied to any version of Heroes IV (original and equilibris) and some files will be patched and therefore he wont need approval from Equilibris Team.

Wont be any new updates for at least a few days until someone from Equilibris Team will see this post and "give" so called permission about some changes that are for testing purpose only for now.


I think it is great there are others out there trying to improve H-IV. I am also frustrated that the Equilibris team seems to have deserted the forum. I am very sympathetic that real world obligations take up most of their time, but they could keep the communication going. They did have a contest version that they pulled back, but I would think they could release it to us while they fine tune 3.6. Frankly if they continue their silence, it would be great if your friend decided to make improvements. Ultimately we are all on the same side REALLY. I also think it is very diplomatic of you to wait a short time to give them a chance to answer. Perhaps you could PM Dalai asking him for comment. ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

User avatar
pacobac
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 110
Joined: 01 Feb 2006
Location: france
Contact:

Postby pacobac » Sep 22 2007, 19:36

power to moding h4 is big power, but be careful what you change if you want good game, the equilibris way is the good way, new work about h4, need use equilibris work......

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 23
Joined: 19 Sep 2007

Postby Omega » Sep 23 2007, 0:00

pacobac wrote:power to moding h4 is big power, but be careful what you change if you want good game, the equilibris way is the good way, new work about h4, need use equilibris work......



Yes, as I said Equilibris Team did great things for Heroes IV :)


Still, they dont have to be upset if others are willing to make some changes...The changes are for testing purpose for now and nothing more ;)


Return to “Equilibris”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests