Revolutionary Idea: Remove PoI's from H4

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 03 Oct 2007, 23:58

this potion must be used before battle.
Last edited by BAD23ro on 20 Oct 2010, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 04 Oct 2007, 21:25

play online, all is different, IA killed you first week, if IA don't, your human enemy kill you later..... :D

if you want died fast, come here........

http://www.archangelcastle.com/h4/ligue ... angers.php
Last edited by pacobac on 07 Oct 2007, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 04 Oct 2007, 23:25

Anyway, I won't change my opinion because for extra large maps, potion of immortality is very unbalance. For small, medium isn't unbalance.
Last edited by BAD23ro on 20 Oct 2010, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 Oct 2007, 00:33

BAD23ro wrote: Anyway, I wont change my opinion because for extra large maps, potion of immortality is very unbalance. For small, medium isnt unbalance.
This whole discussion is useful but, some people find many maps too challenging especially at the beginning of the map. So they feel they need POIs. You take them away what’s to prevent them from using the NWCARES, nothing. So you disable them as best you can in the artifacts screen and put into the readme file that the map plays best if they are not used. To remove them completely whether they unbalance a map or not is to impose your view on others. (not yours specifically but the group view of those that want them out) So I would support making them selectable in the artifacts selection and if not selected then they should not be available in the towns or on the map. I feel that is a better choice than removal.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 06 Oct 2007, 00:56

:)
Last edited by BAD23ro on 20 Oct 2010, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 22 Dec 2007, 19:53

1. Potion of Imortality to have a price around 3000-5000 gold per bottle;
2. Potion of Immortality to be cast only before of battle and the price to remain the same;
3. Remove Potion of Immortality, but heroes to gain more hp per level. Instead of 10, I suggest around 15-20.
All options but 3.

Potions of Immortality are essential for one reason. They may it possible to play *pure* (or close enough) magical character at high levels without instantly falling beacause that titan or cyclops stack got the first turn before the wizard can unleash their magic.

It is too easy to kill off spellcasters as it is, PoI are essential for making sure that every magic class other than battlemage (or whatever your alignments equivilant is) useless at anything but the lowest levels.

The God-Hero 'problem' does exist, however there is another side.

A God-Hero can be slain by another God-Hero.
A God-Hero can be slain by a large stack of Level 4 creatures.
A wizard God-Hero can be killed by any stack of high-level missle troops very easily (lacking the defense score needed).

It is a problem mainly in Campaigns, beacause they almost always start from scratch, so they don't have enough numbers or high-power creatures to make armies matter.

However some Campaign Scenarios, rely on God-Heros beacause they have Hero-only armies.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 27 Dec 2007, 01:20

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote:
1. Potion of Imortality to have a price around 3000-5000 gold per bottle;
2. Potion of Immortality to be cast only before of battle and the price to remain the same;
3. Remove Potion of Immortality, but heroes to gain more hp per level. Instead of 10, I suggest around 15-20.
All options but 3.

Honestly, I would like the 2nd. :)
Last edited by BAD23ro on 20 Oct 2010, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

Taodor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Taodor » 28 Dec 2007, 21:15

And what if PoI would be avalble in later game only for magic related heroes? That makes more sanse because wizards are more prone to the potions especialy Imortality one. or to make it harder to get for combat related heroes?
just thinking out loud ;|
H4 rules above ALL

Return to “Equilibris”