Price of PoI

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)

Price of PoI:

No change.
40%
25%
No votes
15%
+resource
15%
Balance in other way...
5%

Total votes: 20

Pol
Admin
Admin

Price of PoI

Unread postby Pol » 29 May 2007, 15:08

Humakt wrote:I wonder also whether Equilibris team should up the price of Immortality Potions to 2000 or even 3000 coins a bottle.
That would be welcomed change.
Second that.
Last edited by Pol on 30 May 2007, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 29 May 2007, 16:10

Pol wrote:
Humakt wrote:I wonder also whether Equilibris team should up the price of Immortality Potions to 2000 or even 3000 coins a bottle.
That would be welcomed change.
Second that.
BTW, who, in your opinion, will benefit more from this change? I mean, combat heroes or magic heroes?
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 May 2007, 16:21

I would guess that combat ones. However I never did thorough analysis of it. In essence I'm only evaulating price of my (heroes) lives higher.

-------------------------
That can't be again!
--Rakhasha Osis

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 30 May 2007, 12:16

Pol wrote:I would guess that combat ones. However I never did thorough analysis of it. In essence I'm only evaulating price of my (heroes) lives higher.
But you have to understand, that this change would hurt those, who drink PoI more often than others.

2 All:
Share your experience! Who in your games needs more PoIs? Please state if your'e talking about singleplayer or multiplayer games.

P.S. I split this topic.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 30 May 2007, 13:41

Lower level Chaos Magic hero needs it the most.

Also tactic and scouting heroes need them.

Combat and Life heroes - not as much.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 May 2007, 14:18

Dalai wrote: But you have to understand, that this change would hurt those, who drink PoI more often than others.
That's right for me if that balance whole game which I think does. I also suppose that it will affect MP exp. greatly but as the change is for all - it will be more fair.

PS Having only SP exp. though.
Dalai wrote:P.S. I split this topic.
That I cannot unnoticed.

---------------
Carpe Diem!

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 May 2007, 14:47

I first thought the topic was "Price of Pol". I was wondering why Pol was for sale.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 May 2007, 15:10

Angelspit wrote:I first thought the topic was "Price of Pol". I was wondering why Pol was for sale.
There is nothing bad with that. I was too. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 30 May 2007, 16:14

Angelspit wrote:I first thought the topic was "Price of Pol". I was wondering why Pol was for sale.
Heehee :-D that was my first thought too.

Anyhow, back on topic, I always play single player & use Potions of Immortality (PoI's) all the time. I don't take too kindly to my main Hero getting killed; so I always have one active and at least one more in inventory.

Please don't raise the price of PoI's, at least for single player, the thing is if some players think they are too powerful, then they don't have to buy or use them. That's their choice.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 30 May 2007, 16:39

I don't think it should be removed from sale. Since it is really useful and it will change a lot of aspects in the gameplay. However a higher cost could be a good solution

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 30 May 2007, 17:44

EQUI put in the Potion of Immortality, Potion of Restoration, and Vial of Acid to all of the blacksmiths because the chances left to random picks could determine the outcome of MP games sometimes. I liked that change.

Potions tend to help your heroes more at the lower levels (until magic can do more). Sure, they are great to have, but changing the value only works as an equal advantage in MP. In SP, the AI doesn't really buy potions but EQUI equips POI to neutral heroes now.

A Change to 1500 would be okay. But anything more and you would need to greatly increase costs of other items in the game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 May 2007, 17:56

I changed it to Poll and picked 1500, such it's more and not too much. Gravy's argument worked.
"We made it!"

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 30 May 2007, 18:51

1500 is good.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 30 May 2007, 20:07

Question: Why does this potion need a cost increase?

I mean... it's a change... but why is it a necessary one? Do heroes that use it more need a nerf? Or what? Everyone can get it... so it's even for everyone. And heroes who use it more already pay for it.
1000 gold is actually 1 day income, so it's not cheap.

IMO it will slow down the game a bit, since you won't be taking as much risks as before...

That's why I voted No Change.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 May 2007, 20:32

Everyone cannot get it, in SP AI will gladly ignore this potion forever.
(Here is perhaps some planned change in Equi?)

Also potion is supposed to bring you one more life so it should be most expensive of them all.

And in MP it will actually speed up the game, slowing down heroes with weak (pure) combat skills.

Life is not cheap. :D
"We made it!"

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 30 May 2007, 20:32

okrane wrote:Question: Why does this potion need a cost increase?

I mean... it's a change... but why is it a necessary one? Do heroes that use it more need a nerf? Or what? Everyone can get it... so it's even for everyone. And heroes who use it more already pay for it.
1000 gold is actually 1 day income, so it's not cheap.

IMO it will slow down the game a bit, since you won't be taking as much risks as before...

That's why I voted No Change.
I agree! The AI's Heroes don't buy them and don't use them even if they are in their inventories. Let's just leave the cost of the Potions of Immortality as they already are. 1,000 gold is a lot for one potion.
Voted: No Change
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 30 May 2007, 21:05

it's a pretty powerful potion, but when playing against AI, it's only really effective against a couple of creatures : water elementals, faerie dragons, genies (if you don't have the magic resistance) titans cause they are the strongest shooter, cyclops because they don't have the line of sight requirement, medusas because of stone gaze, phoenix, black dragons and especially devils because of movement.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 31 May 2007, 06:55

HodgePodge wrote:I agree! The AI's Heroes don't buy them and don't use them even if they are in their inventories.
AI heroes DO use PoI. Quoting changeog:
On higher difficulty setting AI heroes start battles with immortality potion cast on them.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 31 May 2007, 08:26

Yeah but the AI does not BUY PoIs

I would prefer it if the AI would use less heroes thus forcing them to level them up.
Or at least a bonus experience to AI heroes would be neccesary,.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 31 May 2007, 15:13

I can see it now... You kill the AI Hero and receive 327 Potions of Immortality!

Also, the truth is that a POI should be 500 GP per level of the hero using it but that would be impossible to ask.

Return to “Equilibris”