Fix the Cloning Bug

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Fix the Cloning Bug

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 06 Mar 2007, 11:30

There is a small bug, which I wish to bring to your attention.

If you carry over a normal hero, from one map over to another, it is possible to hire that very same hero, giving you a duplicate hero, which is very often at war with your own side.

Just something which I think should be fixed.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 06 Mar 2007, 18:01

try to uncheck this hero in the map specifications in the mapmaker

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 06 Mar 2007, 20:16

Le_Faucheur wrote:try to uncheck this hero in the map specifications in the mapmaker
Firstly, one cannot uncheck a hero in one of the main campaigns.

And second, I am talking about the random heros you get, and the one's you hire from taverns.

If you hire a hero and then carry it over, it is possible for the enemy to then hire the same hero on the next map.

I was wondering if they could make it so that it is impossible to hire a hero, if he is play anywhere on the map, regardless of how he got there.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 Mar 2007, 23:28

You have to be more specific are you talking about one of the campaigns that came with the game or one you are making. You certainly can uncheck any hero preventing their use, I did that throughout my Dragon's Fate campaign and never had any of the unchecked heroes appear, and that does not prevent you from using them. Now if you uncheck all of one category i.e. all archers that might cause problems. Even if you do not uncheck a hero and customize one, the one offered for sale is the vanilla form of the hero not the customized one you create, as long as you check custom portrait when customizing the hero.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 07 Mar 2007, 12:12

Bug example:
In map 2 of Waerjaks campaign I bought a hero Yog who leveled enough to go together with my main hero to next map. So he and Waerjak just walk and walk, and what they see? Another Yog waiting to fight theme!

Really, this needs to be fixed.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 08 Mar 2007, 12:04

Sauron wrote:Bug example:
In map 2 of Waerjaks campaign I bought a hero Yog who leveled enough to go together with my main hero to next map. So he and Waerjak just walk and walk, and what they see? Another Yog waiting to fight theme!

Really, this needs to be fixed.
In my case, it was the hero Brom. Reading the bio, I reasoned that he was a natural ally of Wearjak.

Yog to my memory propped up only once, he was leading the enemies in the first map.

It was annoying when Brom ended up fighting Vogel's Brom clone.

The question is how would this be fixed. I guess the way it would have to be fixed, would be to modify things so that on Day 1, the script for hiring heros is activated, so the taverns think that the hero is already unavailable.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 08 Mar 2007, 21:31

In those cases you are right, I too have encounter duplicate heroes in the maps provided with the game. They were level one versions of the map characters. I know the maps can be extracted, but I do not know if can be put back after correcting that fault, but perhaps the Equilibris team has that expertise. To be honest I don't want them to spend any time on anything else until 3.6 is released. :beg:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “Equilibris”