Do you need WoW to install Equilibris?

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Necrom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Do you need WoW to install Equilibris?

Unread postby Necrom » 12 Jan 2006, 02:45

I looked at the faq, and it seems to indicate that you need WoW before you can install Equilibris. Is this the case? It doesn't specifically say this, but it seems to be implied when it mentions that it can't be guaranteed to work on Homm IV Standard. This may be a terminology problem, but by referring to "standard" are they referring to the "original" Homm IV without any expansions added? Or, can Equilibris still be installed on the original Homm IV?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Do you need WoW to install Equilibris?

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Jan 2006, 04:47

Necrom wrote: … Or, can Equilibris still be installed on the original Homm IV?
As far as I understand, you can indeed install Equilibris with just the original H4 game. You will be unable to see the new creature portraits but most of the other stuff should work. I understand that the Archmage portrait is substituted for the expansion creature portraits.

Download this file: updates_sfx.exe … to install Equilibris on Standard unpatched Heroes without TGS or WoW.

Good Luck!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Llefser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Llefser » 25 Apr 2006, 17:31

Don't you need Heroes IV patched to version 3.0 in order to run Equilibris? My copy came patched to 2.2, and I have been unable to get the 3.0 patch to work, so I had assumed that I would not be able to use Equilibris.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 25 Apr 2006, 18:19

Llefser wrote:Don't you need Heroes IV patched to version 3.0 in order to run Equilibris? My copy came patched to 2.2, and I have been unable to get the 3.0 patch to work, so I had assumed that I would not be able to use Equilibris.
Install it and see. Equi doesn't delete anything (as far as I know) so you don't have anything to fear.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 25 Apr 2006, 18:58

Equi doesn't delete anything (as far as I know) so you don't have anything to fear.
Sauron's right. It's just patching so even after uninstalation everything will work fine except Eq structures on the maps (they'll become obstacles).
Everything other (saves, maps, datafiles, etc.) will work with standard or WoW-ed version.

Return to “Equilibris”