Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 01 Mar 2006, 23:42

Questions of possibilities. :)

- Is it possible to make programmable actions like move army A to coordinates X,Y using existing pathfinder and build struc. in towns ?

- Is it possible to get info about objects on the currently played map ?

If these two are ok, than the last.

- Is it possible to overload call to function that runs AI with other.. maybe with one mapped from dll where AI is written in cpp from scratch ? (very ambitious, i know :) )

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 03 Mar 2006, 14:12

2 MistWeaver
Equilibis programmers are demons of the assembler :)
Respect and big thanks, all I can say.
You have just earned a lot of points by Lost. :D
I have other question. Can you tell, what program are you using to disassemby it ?
He'll tell you. ;)
And what/how exactly mod needs to be tested to say that its OK ?
Choose a test map. Save the first day. Write everithyng you do every game-day. Especially detailed it must be whren you start interacting with AI. Do this task twice or more from the first savegame. Then you receive patch and do it again. Any difference must be spotted and carefully examined. Make saves often.

Something like this :)
Questions of possibilities.

- Is it possible to make programmable actions like move army A to coordinates X,Y using existing pathfinder and build struc. in towns ?

- Is it possible to get info about objects on the currently played map ?

If these two are ok, than the last.

- Is it possible to overload call to function that runs AI with other.. maybe with one mapped from dll where AI is written in cpp from scratch ? (very ambitious, i know )
Not yet. This is one of our three ultimate goals.

2 chaosgorgon
Actually, MistWeaver is right -
belive me - you dont want to see that :)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 05 Mar 2006, 00:37

Not yet. This is one of our three ultimate goals.
Well, Im afraid even to ask about other two .. :) So Ill be just hoping that you guys gonna make it.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 06 Mar 2006, 20:43

MistWeaver wrote:Well, Im afraid even to ask about other two .. :)
Simple :)
Transfer lag and Random Map Generator.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

rhomboidspace
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rhomboidspace » 14 Mar 2006, 01:50

ok here's an idea from a tip in the map making forums it has shown that the game engine doesn't care what skills exactly a starting hero but it does care how many, all classes are required to have 2 skilld except barbarian which hast to have 3 is it at all possible to remove this requiremt so that a starting character can start off with 0 skills this would be very usefull in custom RPG typ style maps, to allow all the players heroes to start with an empty skills list and customize them but still keeeping them all the same alignment

i also really hoping that we might get better controll of the give to commands so that variables can also be used instead of just plain numbers, i guess this limitation can be worked around right now to an extent but it's alot to work around it

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 18 Mar 2006, 21:20

A question for you Dalai. I asked it at begining of the forum, but Crusard told that you may know. So I'll repeat it:

Is it posible to make Change Allies script?

To me, it doesn't look to difficult to make. Only change the number of team and job is done. But I may be wrong. Please reply.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 20 Mar 2006, 17:02

Sauron wrote:Is it posible to make Change Allies script?

To me, it doesn't look to difficult to make. Only change the number of team and job is done. But I may be wrong. Please reply.
I redirected your question to our chief programmer and he replied, that for now it is not possible. If the code was written as it is expected to be written, it would be probably as easy as you say. But it is rarely written as it is expected to be.
May be after additional research he will say something more positive, but not now :)

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 21 Mar 2006, 02:06

This was probably brought up several times: Could you include a "decrease number of items" button for potions/artifacts sold in blacksmiths/towns? As you know currently we can only increase the counter, and if smth goes wrong we have to cancel and reenter, which is very annoying. If a new button is too hard, just enable shift+click the normal button to decrease. Thanks.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 21 Mar 2006, 12:32

Could you include a "decrease number of items" button for potions/artifacts sold in blacksmiths/towns? As you know currently we can only increase the counter, and if smth goes wrong we have to cancel and reenter, which is very annoying.
It's more for Bugs thread, I think. :)
Yes, we fixed this annoying bug and you will not face it in 3.6. Both Increase and Decrease buttons work perfectly in internal version for testing ;)

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 21 Mar 2006, 21:08

Is it possible to create "Mermaids rock" object.? :
-you lose 1/5 of your army and get XP equal to total XP of dead units

and mabye sth simmilar on the land? Like in h3 altar (sacrifice .... amount of creatures to get ... XP)
Very usefull for Charm/Dimplomacy skills.

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Zombie mouth

Unread postby TheUnknown » 26 Mar 2006, 00:24

I have an idea on zombies (yes they aren't very popular but). They can have an atack with acid (works the same
like potion), on living enemies decreases armor and can be used to destroy dead stacks. I think its prety good boost
for lvl1. Perhaps this can be added to other creatures and of course balancing the new ability with the creature
statistics.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 26 Mar 2006, 13:01

Well, zombie isn't particularly strong but have 24 HP !!! Twice much as Dwarf, more than 2lev Mage or Elf.

I'm worried the 'Distruption Ray' Attack (x% chance to cast) could be too much...
On the other hand it could make alternative undead units (like mummy, zombie) to be chosen by players in necromancy menu...

I'd like to hear more opinions, but the idea is very interesting and worth considering :)

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Artifact Marketplace and Potions Dealer

Unread postby gravyluvr » 26 Mar 2006, 16:22

In the regular game you can visit the marketplace or use the included one to trade resources.

Throughout the game you build up a stock of items that become useless. It often just wastes space in your inventory throughout the game.

Has anyone ever looked at adding an Artifact Dealer and Potions Dealer or Marketplace?

The Artifacts Dealer would be a place where you could sell your items for half price. Obviously you would need to settle on prices for all objects and maybe you would need to create multiple objects like the buildings used in the Might and Magic World but it would be incredibly useful.

The Potions Dealer or Marketplace would be a location where you could either sell potions for half their value (Dealer) or you could swap potions (Marketplace).

One other thing that would be very interesting is a way to combine potions to create other potions, but that may involve too much work and may be better left up to talented map makers.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Artifact Marketplace and Potions Dealer

Unread postby HodgePodge » 26 Mar 2006, 16:29

gravyluvr wrote: Has anyone ever looked at adding an Artifact Dealer and Potions Dealer or Marketplace?
The Artifact Merchant is one of the things I really miss in H4. I'm always giving my useless artifacts to my creatures; I'd really perfer to sell them and get the gold. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Artifact Marketplace and Potions Dealer

Unread postby Akul » 26 Mar 2006, 17:15

HodgePodge wrote:
gravyluvr wrote: Has anyone ever looked at adding an Artifact Dealer and Potions Dealer or Marketplace?
The Artifact Merchant is one of the things I really miss in H4. I'm always giving my useless artifacts to my creatures; I'd really perfer to sell them and get the gold. :-D
Mapmaker can easily make it from a quest hut and determine prices for everything, take care that player don't sell important artifacts and make something like: "WOW!! Do you even know what this is..."

But the idea is not bad if mapmaker wants to make a simple battle map.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 26 Mar 2006, 17:57

But what about the maps that are already out there? Or most (all) of the map makers that don't care/ forget about it. I think it's a brilliant idea. Having many adventure objects already included in the next installation, I think it cannot hurt to add one more. But the point is, could the Team make an visual interface for it?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Mar 2006, 18:27

gryphonheart wrote:But what about the maps that are already out there? Or most (all) of the map makers that don't care/ forget about it. I think it's a brilliant idea. Having many adventure objects already included in the next installation, I think it cannot hurt to add one more. But the point is, could the Team make an visual interface for it?
Yep, good point. Perhaps making an outer prigram with H4 interface that runs when adventure object is visited could be done. But somehow i doubt that that is posible without source code.

P. S. While we are at source code, how did WOG team got the source code?

P. S. S. It is not that mapmakers don't care, but that noone whishes to make it. Perhaps I'll make a "script" and send it to CH so that thy update to Script Library if other mapmakers are too lazy. So and so, I need it for my next map :)

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 28 Mar 2006, 00:13

From what I know, custom interfaces are pretty hard to make. There is already one on the development queue as far as I know ;|. I'm sure having an artifact merchant with a cool interface would be pretty cool though, but it's unlikely to happen...

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 28 Mar 2006, 00:42

Yeah, I really doubted that. So, it can only be made work through scripts I guess, if ever ;|

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 30 Mar 2006, 17:26

Can you create smoke objects based on the geyser objects?
That would be cool to have when decorating destroyed areas.

And while you're at it, how about some mist or fog - perhaps even some greenish vapors :)

Return to “Equilibris”