Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Ideas for next mods

Unread postby theGryphon » 06 Jan 2006, 00:52

Let's start with a new "ideas" topic here!

I already had one: arrangement of the Archmage class. Dalai, what's the Team's current ıntent on this? In summary, I think thresholds on levels should be arranged so that attaining the Archmage class is delayed and these thresholds compare total might and magic levels.

Seeing the interface improvement in HeroesV by Ubi, I'm have this humble dream: Equilibris Team gets rid of the pop-up windows with a single OK button. Is this possible?
Last edited by theGryphon on 04 May 2006, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 06 Jan 2006, 17:25

Hers's my few ideas for Equilibrius (I know they probably can't be implented):

1. Could you add some new creatures? If not, why not?

2. Quest eye: Quest eye is like eye of magi, just that it shows part of the map when a quest hut activates it.

3. How many campaigns will there be in final version of Equilibrius?

4. Can you make a facetool that ADDS new heroes, not replaces the old one with new ones?

5. Can you make "Change allies" script?

Unread postby Guest » 06 Jan 2006, 23:06

Maybe you could change summoning so when you summon a creature (while defending in a seige) it should appear inside the castle not outside.

Tao Jones
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tao Jones » 07 Jan 2006, 00:59

How about an item that has a chance to freeze on ranged attack: "Ice Arrow" or "Bow of the Glacier" or something?

A 20-30% chance would be good for an arrow, perhaps slightly higher for a bow. Odds could be adjusted for balance, as well as treasure class.

Apologies if this has already been submitted.
»« Conquering Earth for our robot masters »«

Unread postby Guest » 07 Jan 2006, 17:59

Hmm, mabye some kind of Orb [don't remember the name] which disables casting spells during the battle would be nice.

Very supportive artifact especialy for Barbarians ;)

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 07 Jan 2006, 18:27

Would it be possible to change the window of Level Up ?

I mean:

there would be 4 skill options:

1) current basic skill (for knight tactic, druid nature m., etc)
2) another current basic skill (mabye there 4-th skills like charm, m-resistance, summoning, ect)
3*) magic skill from alligned castle (for druid nature/life magic)
3**) nonmagic skill from alligned castle (for knight combat/nobility)
4) any other skill not displayed in previous options [for each level up magic/nonmagic/magic/nonmagic... just to give the suitable varity]

*for spellcaster hero
*for nonspellcaster hero

As for barb:

1) Combat
2) other Combat Skill (like m-resistance)
3) any magic school
4) any other nonmagic skill

And after the current basic skills would be max. gained (life/healing/spirituality/resurrection) the menu would like this:

1*) magic skill from alligned castle (for druid nature/life magic)
1**) nonmagic skill from alligned castle (for knight combat/nobility)
2) another skill from alligned castle (like 4th ones)
3) any other nonmagic skill
4) any other magic skill

Well, mabye it's not perfect but the idea is to have an ordered menu. I suppose it won't disable any class and will be usefull for choosing the best class for our hero in current scenario

What do you think about it? Is it possible? Mabye sth needs to be changed or you have other good idea about developing our hero?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Jan 2006, 22:10

I think this has already been suggested,but no harm saying it again.Making another set of artifacts that combined becomes stronger.For example gryphon set(helmet,sword and shield)could give all your troops infinite retaliation.

Also,I think that artifact suggestions should be in a new thread.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 08 Jan 2006, 13:22

DaemianLucifer wrote: Making another set of artifacts that combined becomes stronger.
Good idea :D Mabye each fraction could have such set which would give characteristic, unique ability like:
DaemianLucifer wrote: For example gryphon set(helmet,sword and shield)could give all your troops infinite retaliation.
It might be for Nature. The names could be assiociated with legendary heroes (Crag Hack-Might, Sandro- Death, etc) or the godlike patrons of each fraction [need to think about the religions for each castle]

What do you think about it?
DaemianLucifer wrote: Also,I think that artifact suggestions should be in a new thread.
Absolutely agree ;)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 08 Jan 2006, 16:16

Black Ghost wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: Also,I think that artifact suggestions should be in a new thread.
Absolutely agree ;)
I made a topic about artifact combinations here:
http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... .php?t=516

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 08 Jan 2006, 20:54

Sauron wrote: I made a topic about artifact combinations here:
http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... .php?t=516
good work ;) I was too lazy :D

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 09 Jan 2006, 12:50

The thing that bothers me the most in H4 is that that every city looks like it was done by the same architect. Every city had city hall on upper left corner of the screen, every fort is placed on upper right corner of screen... Is it possible to change the picture of the city view?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Jan 2006, 21:24

Since some spells become massed when a certain creature number is reached(was it 5 weeks of growth?),I think that all of the other spells need a bost.Phantom image should be available to genies,plauge to mages,etc.And,the spells that dont have their stronger versions(like ice bolt)need to become stronger(theyre damage formula acording to creature number should be increased,if posible).This way some spells(and creatures)wont become useless.

george137
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby george137 » 13 Jan 2006, 01:12

It would be great if you could make a message pop-up stating that the senario information has been changed when there a new victory condition or something of that sort.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 13 Jan 2006, 02:08

1. Could you add some new creatures? If not, why not?
2. Quest eye: Quest eye is like eye of magi, just that it shows part of the map when a quest hut activates it.
3. How many campaigns will there be in final version of Equilibrius?
4. Can you make a facetool that ADDS new heroes, not replaces the old one with new ones?
5. Can you make "Change allies" script?
1: No. The animations require way too many frames, and it would be impossible to script with the currently available resources.
2: This can be done. You can already do it via scripting, too. Just change the alignment of a flaggable neutral building to the player, and the terrain around it should be revealed.
3: I'm not sure of this, but I'll make one myself *after* the final release. :D
4: I don't think so. Similar problem with adding creatures, I believe.
5: That would be interesting, yet I'm not sure it can be done. Maybe Dalai may know.
Maybe you could change summoning so when you summon a creature (while defending in a seige) it should appear inside the castle not outside.
I think summons are created right next to the caster. I could be wrong, though.
How about an item that has a chance to freeze on ranged attack: "Ice Arrow" or "Bow of the Glacier" or something?
An arrow would be better. I don't know, but I guess it could be done.
Hmm, mabye some kind of Orb (don't remember the name) which disables casting spells during the battle would be nice.
Was it Orb of Suppression? It would be a good, high-level artifact. I'm not really sure it can be made. Technically, it could grant 100% magic resistance to all creatures, so I think it should be possible to make it. Maybe Dalai or Lost can enlighten me here.
Would it be possible to change the window of Level Up ?
(The way skills are offered)
This has probably been discussed already, yet I have no idea if Equilibris can deal with it... Dalai? ;|
The thing that bothers me the most in H4 is that that every city looks like it was done by the same architect. Every city had city hall on upper left corner of the screen, every fort is placed on upper right corner of screen... Is it possible to change the picture of the city view
Sorry, that's not possible...
It would be great if you could make a message pop-up stating that the senario information has been changed when there a new victory condition or something of that sort
Don't be lazy! That can already be done with a single "Display message" command :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jan 2006, 13:20

Crusard wrote:
Hmm, mabye some kind of Orb (don't remember the name) which disables casting spells during the battle would be nice.
Was it Orb of Suppression? It would be a good, high-level artifact. I'm not really sure it can be made. Technically, it could grant 100% magic resistance to all creatures, so I think it should be possible to make it. Maybe Dalai or Lost can enlighten me here.
Not really,since giving all creatures 100% MR,wont dissable casting of quicksand,summons and beneficial spells,just the curses(except for cancelation,dispell and steal enchantment) and DD spells.Id like having Orb of Suppression though.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 13 Jan 2006, 20:50

Crusard wrote: 3: I'm not sure of this, but I'll make one myself *after* the final release. :D
Who won't?? :D
Crusard wrote: 4: I don't think so. Similar problem with adding creatures, I believe.
No, no. You didn't understand it. I don't think new animations, but adding new pictures of heroes. In Face Tool Set you need to remove one heroes picture add another picture. Which means that that hero dissapears from the game.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 13 Jan 2006, 21:31

Yes, I do understand. What cannot be changed is the number of variety. Otherwise it would have already been done.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 17 Jan 2006, 09:49

OK

Some more qwuestions:

1. Is it possible to make a script that alows a mapmaker to change the biography of a main hero in map or campaign?

2. When you win (or lose) a battle with big armies in Rome: Total War, on that place appears two swords with show data about who fought in battle and who of theme won. I know you will probably say "Only in your dreams", but is it possible?

3. Sorry for being impatient, but, what is release date for the next version of Equilibrius?

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 17 Jan 2006, 17:31

1) I don't think it can be done. Though you still can make a new hero and set the level and skills to match the old one. It's obviously not the same but...

2) I play Rome Total War (Total Realism mod, actually). I don't think new objects such as a crossed swords icon can be created. Also, I don't think it would be good in HoMM a it is in RTW.-

3) I don't even know myself :(
I'm not even sure Dalai can make an ETA. It'll be done when it's done.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 18 Jan 2006, 18:46

Crusard wrote:1) I don't think it can be done. Though you still can make a new hero and set the level and skills to match the old one. It's obviously not the same but...
Thats bad. Then I will need to use scripts to copy skills and abilities into a new hero.

Return to “Equilibris”