Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 28 Nov 2008, 18:52

my final purpose about barb upgrade on next equilibris:
new arsenal cost 4000

4 item: leather armor, imo, acid, long sword (+13) same cost

2 random treasures / 2000 gold each
(Helm of Seeing , Elven Chain Mail, Dwarven Hammer, David’s Sling, War Sling, Dwarven Shield, Cloak of Warding, Ring of Protection, Warlord’s Ring, Ring of Strength, Crystal of Memory, Badge of Courage, Crest of Valor)

3 random scrolls:
1level1(Bloodlust, Haste, Slayer, smoke, curse, disruption, weakness, Bind Wound, Bless, Exorcism, Spiritual Armor, Retribution, Stoneskin, Summon Leprechaun, Terrain Walk, Blur,
Displacement, Precision, Cowardice)

1level2 (cancellation, Fatigue, Sorrow, confusion, first strike, hydra health, misfortune, Heal, Heavenly Shield, Martyr, Mirth, Song of Peace, Giant Strength, Summon Satyr, Wasp Swarm,
Create Illusion Flight Slow Steal Enchantment)

1level3 (Aura of Fear, aging,
Bloodfrenzy, Magic Mirror, Mass Slayer,
Endurance, Celestial Armor, Mass Bless, Mass Healing, Regeneratio,
Anti-Magic, Mass Speed, Quicksand
mass blur, mass dispel, mass precision)

better magic dampener
cost 4000 gold: +30% magic resistance on first castle +5% on each other more castle.......

example:

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 29 Nov 2008, 21:53

I think the idea of Paco is a bit overpowered : ) but maybe that's just me. I am very curious about the opinion of the team about the Might question.

Another thing that's interesting is enabling the might creatures to use potions, that way they can get moral, bless, death ward, exorcism, one life from immortality potion :) can throw acid on enemies and so on.
This way some of the potions may need rebalancement, but it will keep might away from direct access to spells.
If not for might, this idea may be implemented for lvl 1 creatures so that they may get to be more useful in combat.

CTPAHHuK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CTPAHHuK » 30 Nov 2008, 09:46

TheUnknown wrote:I think the idea of Paco is a bit overpowered : )
I'm agree with paco ideas and wanna add some change yet. Wrestling Pits and Arena of Honor will give +10% for atack and defence stronghold monsters.
TheUnknown wrote:Another thing that's interesting is enabling the might creatures to use potions...
Hmmm :disagree:
For today very hard make balance for hero on batlfield... and you want stronghold monsters getting like miniheroes... wrong way i think

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 30 Nov 2008, 11:14

dea of Paco is a bit overpowered : ) but maybe that's just me
it's a good idea for onlinegame, we play a lot and we notice barb are weak:
"hey guys, some rules for this random castle game, yep reload if barb....."
nobody want play them, we need upgarde this castle....

they are only big on small weak gardian map, our online maps are more and more, medium with big gardians, we need use many scripts to help barb when we built new map......
I'm agree with paco ideas and wanna add some change yet. Wrestling Pits and Arena of Honor will give +10% for atack and defence stronghold monsters.
yes Huk sometimes we are agree... ;)
but mass effect is dangerous upgrade, because of more creatures you have (barb could have many creatures with Breeding Pens), more desequilibre you have....

about dampener, i had purpose 4000/30% + 5% on each other more

maybe, 3000 first for 20% and adding % more on each other is better as HUk purpose:

first is 20, second 36, third is 49 [ 1-(1-0,2)*(1-0,2)*(1-0,2) ]
Last edited by pacobac on 04 Dec 2008, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

CTPAHHuK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CTPAHHuK » 04 Dec 2008, 18:49

pacobac wrote:...but mass effect is dangerous upgrade, because of more creatures you have (barb could have many creatures with Breeding Pens), more desequilibre you have...
Ok, 10% is big effect if barb have more then 1 town... i can say now about 5%. This good.
pacobac wrote:
about dampener, i had purpose 4000/30% + 5% on each other more

maybe, 3000 first for 20% and adding % more on each other is better as HUk purpose:

first is 20, second 36, third is 49 [ 1-(1-0,2)*(1-0,2)*(1-0,2) ]
Nice... 20% for each damper.

mr_camembert
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mr_camembert » 06 Dec 2008, 14:55

Hello,yes 10 % is good for 1 town but we could reduce these stats with number of towns.We could reduce also price of breeding pens: i think its a bit a expensive now and i never build it when i get barb.Treasures are a good idea but spells for barb ;|

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 06 Dec 2008, 18:09

TheUnknown wrote: Another thing that's interesting is enabling the might creatures to use potions, that way they can get moral, bless, death ward, exorcism, one life from immortality potion :) can throw acid on enemies and so on.
This way some of the potions may need rebalancement, but it will keep might away from direct access to spells.
If not for might, this idea may be implemented for lvl 1 creatures so that they may get to be more useful in combat.
That would be a real REVOLUTION. However, revolutions tend to be self dectructive.

-potions can be used before battles (HydraHealth would make barb army automatically 25% stronger)
-effect which is ok on a hero would be insane on a creature stack i(cat reflexes potion)
-potions are just too powerful to be casted by mere tier (i.e. 2 clouds of despair= paralized opp army, all your heroes still have action!!!).

Also it seems unfair to have only barb creatures access to potions (I guess that's what you mentioned). Might would have 7 magic actions regardless of the number of heroes while any other faction would have usually 5. Besides, a unit which heals, mirths, lucks, exorcises, slows, acids, gives mana or resistance (and is a powerful tank by itself) becomes uncomparable with units from other faction which have limited usefulness.

Finally, if a harpy would use potions equivallent to ogre's spells, I doubt anybody would recruit ogres.
"Set your enemies on fire, light a campfire, or roast a duck. It's an all purpose spell!"
- Firebolt (Chaos spell, level 2)

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Creatures with potions idea clarification

Unread postby TheUnknown » 09 Dec 2008, 02:46

The potions that can be bought in arsenal are: Potion of Immortality, Potion of Restoration, Potion of Endurance, Potion of Quickness, Vial of Acid. If might creatures get the new ability they would have little improvements from it, they must waste a turn so that they can give themselves one guardian angel for 1000 gold, exorcise the bad spells from them for 500, have cat reflexes for the next 2 turns for 500-1000(don't remember), decrease 20 percent defense of enemy, destroy dead stack on the battlefield for 750 or have +3 movement points on map for 500. It wouldn't be much of a power up.
As any other faction gains much other spells when they capture towns, might could get new abilities for their creatures. The situations where you get hydra health and other pre-combat potions would be based on the map.
This ability may be enabled only for certain creatures, doesn't have to be just might or higher or lower lvl ones. Lets just say that might could get more creatures then the rest factions that can use potions.
For example imagine bandits with Vial of Binding liquid, leprechauns with Potion of Toughness & Potion of Strength, peasants with Vial of Acid, venom spawn with Vial of Despair, dwarfs with Potion of Fire resistance and you be the judge for might :P (you cannot cast hydra health on the map with peasants on angels, but could cast it on leprechauns)
I believe this change can be made if needed.

CTPAHHuK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CTPAHHuK » 24 Dec 2008, 16:12

Well... we can say about changes for barb as following:

1. Wrestling Pits and Arena of Honor gives +10% attack and deffence for all monsters. Cost of Wrestling Pits and Arena of Honor is 2000 gold and 6 ore. There is add effect of this buildings: 1 town - 10%, 2 towns - 21%, 3 towns - 33%... In this case classical equation is Atack/Defence*(1+1.1)*(1+1.1)*(1+1.1)...

2. Magic dampener give 20% resist for barb monsters and 10% resist for other monsters. Cost of Magic dampener is 3000 gold and 10 ore.There is add effect of this buildings: 1 town - 20%(10%), 2 towns - 36%(19%), 3 towns - 49%(27%)... In this case classical equation is 1-(1-0.2)*(1-0.2)*(1-0.2) for barb monsters and 1-(1-0.1)*(1-0.1)*(1-0.1) for other monsters...

3. New arsenal. Cost of New arsenal is 4000 gold, 6 wood, 6 ore and 3 units other resourses.
Old items are Axe, Leather, Shield, Potion of quickness, Potion of Restoration are deleted.
New arsenal have Long sword, Potion of immortality, Poition of endurance and Vial of acid, 2 random Treasures and 3 random Scrolls (1 lvl, 2 lvl and 3 lvl).

2 randomTreasures are defined at date of construction, but it is not: Cap of Knowledge, Wizards’s Ring, Badge of Courage, Cart of Ore, Cart of Lumber, Viewing Crystal, Sextant, Breeze the falcon, Bag of gold and Purse of gold.

It was deleted Magic arties, arties for Map and Resourses arties.

3 random Scrolls оare defined at date of construction, but it is not:
Sparks, Fire Aura, Magic Arrow, Fire Bolt, Magic Mirror, Fire ring, Fireball, Lightning (chaos spells);
Unholy Song, Life Drain, Plague, Life Ward (death spells);
Holy Word, Summon Ship, All wards, Holy Shout (life spells);
Magic fist, Visions, Ice bolt, Banish (order spells);
All Summon creatures, Necromancy Ward (nature spells).

It was deleted Damage spells and Secific spells other aligns.

Price of treasures and scrolls:
Treasure - 2000 gold.
Scroll 1 lvl - 1000 gold.
Scroll 2 lvl - 2000 gold.
Scroll 3 lvl - 3000 gold.

Price of scrolls is 4x price of perchaments: 1 lvl - 4*250, 2 lvl - 4*500, 3 lvl - 4*750.

4. This changes making Breeding Pens more cheaply - 12000, 15 wood and 25 ore.

Is good?

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 26 Dec 2008, 21:37

If paco lost on his map versus might it is a clear sign - MIGHT DOESN"T NEED TO BE INCREASED.
In other way - might can be easy overpowered especially by OLD players.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 27 Dec 2008, 11:31

If paco lost on his map versus might it is a clear sign - MIGHT DOESN"T NEED TO BE INCREASED.
first: i lost against "marvelous enormous barb m8mat", play him, u can understand what is powerful......

second: "PACOLAND" is real random map", barb is no barb, i see u never play it, all castle can play and win !!

third: if u play barb as might, u die......
here, u need play barb as tactic and magic castle, that's why i want upgrading barb.....

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 29 Dec 2008, 21:04

Calm down boy, you don't need cry here. (I hope this forum is more democratic than yours)

You like barbs - ok, do more maps for barbs. Not need to impose your idea - I repeat: guys which knows how to play good with barbs can play them with actual version too.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 30 Dec 2008, 10:51

dont be so sensitive "sweetybrennus", i see on your AC statistics, you never play "pacoland", you dont know this map, i see you play barb 7% of your games, and you lost 67%, i think you dont play barb a lot, as me, because of this castle is weakest than other.....

if you are obectiv, you know i update all ACmap to make good equilibration, if i say barb is weak, it's real.....

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 30 Dec 2008, 11:19

pacobac wrote:dont be so sensitive "sweetybrennus", i see on your statistics, you never play "pacoland", you dont know this map, i see you play barb 7% of your games, and you lost 67%, i think you dont play barb a lot, as me, because of this castle is weakest than other.....

if you are obectiv, you know i update all ACmap to make good equilibration, if i say barb is weak, it's real.....
Iam just weak player paco, its not shame for me;) I am playing still only for my fun - avoiding guys who cheat me with reports in the past:)
If you are looking on my score you should know that its not shows my all played for AC games - it should be - at least +2 wins (I am sure you know details).

And I really don't know how to play good with barbs, but some guys really did so why make them much stronger with that?
Last edited by BrennusWhiskey on 30 Dec 2008, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 30 Dec 2008, 11:25

Brennus, (see my maps, u know my work on ACmaps equilibration)

do u realy think, i dont know very well H4, maybe better than his creator, i couldnt purpose an update for barb to kill h4 ?!!

my first objectiv is better h4, not for me, for all players weak and big !!

this update need be test of course to be sure it's a good equilibration.....

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 30 Dec 2008, 20:55

Ok paco u like statistics?

Lets look on AC barbs statistics. Not bad for me, I think better than life or order...

Return to “Equilibris”