Map Editor Discusion

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 Jul 2008, 16:49

I do not know, but when I have done my campaigns even using equilibris, if more than one color has the option of being human, then the map usually crashes on startup. So I suspect not.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

furret
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby furret » 14 Jul 2008, 12:17

Dammit. My map without equi just choose the color that comes previous for me...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 14 Jul 2008, 14:36

furret wrote:I was very dissapointed when I saw I can't make a campaign for more then one humen player. But someone said to me he already saw equi fixed that. Is that true?
WOW expansion enables creating campaigns with more players.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

furret
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby furret » 15 Jul 2008, 15:03

Thanks! I could now continue my campaign!

I wonder how anyone else didn't know it if almost everyone here have WOW.

That's mean I need to get it too.

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 27 Jul 2008, 17:17

I suppose many, if not all of us would like there to be a check all button when we chose the spells for a hero to have. Maybe this cannot be done but I think changing the name of the spells in the spell checking (selection) screen is possible.
My proposition is that before the name of every spell, [D] is inserted for death spells, [L] for life spells and so on. It can be in other variations like (D) or similar, important is that we would know from one letter which school does the spell belong to.
If you want a necromancer with GM death magic that knows all the death spells then you would go to spell checking (selection) screen and look for the [D] part of the name instead of the need to remember every spell there is or select every spell there is. If we would like to create a hero that knows some but not all the spells from a certain school it will prove again much helpful.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 11 Aug 2008, 18:17

I guess you mean hero editing window. But it could be implemented also in map properties.
Moreover, instead of letters like D, L, etc how about a colourful highlighting? (a glimpse is faster to verify magic school than checking the letters)
This solution I've seen in a hero editing tool (don;t remember the name) working on saves. The highlighted colours were:
purple, blue, green, orange and grey [or] white
"Set your enemies on fire, light a campfire, or roast a duck. It's an all purpose spell!"
- Firebolt (Chaos spell, level 2)

Return to “Equilibris”