Cant Play, Programm shutdown

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Dean92
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dean92 » 13 Jul 2006, 14:04

Dean92 wrote: (I deleded some custom maps etc. i read something about it quiting the update), but now they both say: update aborted.

Btw: i checked and its an UK version
Pol wrote: And language? * And do you have Standart or WoW or GS? -
Uk, Standart.
Pol wrote:Select accordingly
Where can i select:S?
Rofl, Pwned Ur ***:P!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jul 2006, 14:10

I meant to select patch according to that.

Hum, that's strange. And the problem with WoG you solved or it persisted too?

Also it may be some registry or language problem, here are windows everywhere :)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Dean92
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dean92 » 13 Jul 2006, 14:27

Pol wrote:I meant to select patch according to that.

Hum, that's strange. And the problem with WoG you solved or it persisted too?

Also it may be some registry or language problem, here are windows everywhere :)
WoG, is the same prob. Couldnt be the language problem cuz its the uk version and when i do the uk update from 1.0 ->1.3 it says: Update Aborted...
Rofl, Pwned Ur ***:P!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jul 2006, 14:39

You may try to clean your registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\New World Computing), generally find out all previous entries and delete them. Then again run the freshly installed game and try the patching...

The game itself must be running fine and patched. Of course, only in the case, that it's originall game :devious: Then copy the game in another directory and here install the mod/s.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

falkin42
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby falkin42 » 11 Mar 2008, 08:10

Sorry to rez a dead thread, but I'm having the same problems and can't find any other solution. I just did a fresh install and can't patch it. I'm running 2.2 US version, no expansion packs. After installing Equilibris, it jumps to 3.0 WoW and crashes on program startup. Because I made sure that I deleted all the Heroes 4 subdirectories before the reinstall, I'm going to try and delete and replace some of the files you suggest adding in the FAQ. Thanks, and good job with everything I read here so far.

falkin42
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby falkin42 » 11 Mar 2008, 08:19

Actually, I fixed it myself, I think. I deleted storm.h4r and created a new one, deleted x2.h4r and recreated it using equi.h4r, and left updates.h4r alone. Awesome. Can't wait try out some of the things I read about it!

Return to “Equilibris”