map compatability

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
impe20
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

map compatability

Unread postby impe20 » 17 Jun 2006, 18:19

i have just read that equilibris mod is compatible with the campaign from the original and the expansions.. but is it compatible with the other user made maps or campaigns not made for equilibris.. are there any balance issues? and do you guys have any suggestions on any user made maps not made with equilibris that would be compatible with equilibris? tnx...

jeff

Re: map compatability

Unread postby jeff » 17 Jun 2006, 18:36

impe20 wrote:i have just read that equilibris mod is compatible with the campaign from the original and the expansions.. but is it compatible with the other user made maps or campaigns not made for equilibris.. are there any balance issues? and do you guys have any suggestions on any user made maps not made with equilibris that would be compatible with equilibris? tnx...
Others more familiar with Equilibris can be more specific, but you can play those games with the mod. There will be balancing issues that the mapmaker did not plan for unless they planned on Equilibris being used. As I recall some of the AI boosting used to help out the non-mod AI is too much when playing with the mod. Also some script problems such as movement boost have been adjusted. As I said others can be more accurate.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

impe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby impe » 17 Jun 2006, 20:08

tnx for the reply... by the wayi have another question...i know this should not be posted here but im gonna ask anyway...does winds of war need a patch?? i cant seem to find a patch for winds of war in the patch section of celestial heavens... and is there any specific way to patch homm4??like patching the original first and then installing the expansions?? and which expansion should i install first?? tnx

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 17 Jun 2006, 20:55

1. First install "The Gathering Storm", then "The Winds of War" and then Equilibrius.
2. I don't use patches so I coudn't tell.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

impe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby impe » 17 Jun 2006, 21:24

Sauron wrote:1. First install "The Gathering Storm", then "The Winds of War" and then Equilibrius.
2. I don't use patches so I coudn't tell.
doesnt the patch helps in fixing someof the bugs?? or does WOW have the patches already incorporated in it??

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 17 Jun 2006, 21:49

impe20 wrote:i have just read that equilibris mod is compatible with the campaign from the original and the expansions.. but is it compatible with the other user made maps or campaigns not made for equilibris.. are there any balance issues? and do you guys have any suggestions on any user made maps not made with equilibris that would be compatible with equilibris? tnx...
Equilibris should be compatable with all maps, as far as I know. I have played exclusively with the mod for some time now and have had no compatability problems.

After you install the Equilibris mod you can still play without it by using the normal shortcut on your desktop instead of the Equilibris shortcut.

I have never played the campaigns with the mod. I have read that some people say that it is best to play the campaigns without the mods because of some of the resource requirements that are changed for buildings because of balance issues.

I highly recommend the mod and keep an eye out for the next release with will add a lot more content.

Oh, Winds of War has the final patch already so if you've installed it you don't need a patch.

GOW

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 18 Jun 2006, 14:11

WoW was already patched with the final patch 3DO released for Heroes-IV. The patch itself was released separately for those who chose not to buy WoW.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 18 Jun 2006, 17:23

Equilibris is compatable with all other maps for any of the other versions. Of course, having the Expansions (TGS & WoW) will make the maps under Equilibris more effective.

What I do to insure absolute compatability, is to open any in-game map or player-made map or campaign with the Equilibris Editor. I then add the word "Equilibris" at the end of the map name in the Map Properties under the Campaign Menu and then Save As adding Equilibris to the file name.

This newly named map will be easily visible in your New Game List when you lauch the game; with Equilibris clearly identifying it as the map you saved with the Equilibris Editor and with all the components & scripting of the mod.

I'm not really sure any of the above is necessary because I have played ALL of the in-game Campaigns with Equilibris, without opening them in the Equilibris Editor (because you can't) and I've had no problems whatsoever.
impe wrote:... by the wayi have another question...i know this should not be posted here but im gonna ask anyway...does winds of war need a patch?? i cant seem to find a patch for winds of war in the patch section of celestial heavens... and is there any specific way to patch homm4??like patching the original first and then installing the expansions?? and which expansion should i install first?? tnx
Winds of War does NOT need any patch. It contains all of the previous patchs created for Heroes 4, so if you have it, your game is completely patched as it was released from 3DO.

If you have both The Gathering Storm & Winds of War, then you should also have all the necessary icons, hero & creature portraits available in the game. If you are missing one or both of the expansions, you can still use Equilibris and take adavantage of its improvements, but some of the heroes & creatures will not have the correct pictures associated with them and you may be missing some of the artifacts. (I have both expansions so I'm not sure how much would be missing from the game if the expansions weren't present.)

Anyhow, good luck & have fun playing Heroes 4 with Equilibris. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 19 Jun 2006, 15:35

HodgePodge wrote: What I do to insure absolute compatability, is to open any in-game map or player-made map or campaign with the Equilibris Editor. I then add the word "Equilibris" at the end of the map name in the Map Properties under the Campaign Menu and then Save As adding Equilibris to the file name.

I'm not really sure any of the above is necessary ...
It is not :)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 09 Feb 2008, 18:34

While I was replaying my Dragon's Fate campaign in Equilibris, on one map I found a non-essential quest may not be possible. When built for WoW I assumed the player would buy a couple of potions from the local Academy's alchemists shop. Well the potion line up was changed in Equilibris and now that quest could only be done if the potions were found in medicine wagons or some other random treasure. As a mapmaker I would not leave any quest essential or otherwise to that type of random chance. So while any map can be played; not all quests may be achievable depending on the mapmaker. I have fixed that oversight, but that fully equilibris compatible version is not available as yet. I am continuing to play the entire campaign to see if any other such oversight was made. The original version does state it was never playtested using Equilibris.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Feb 2008, 18:39

jeff wrote:While I was replaying my Dragon's Fate campaign in Equilibris, on one map I found a non-essential quest may not be possible. When built for WoW I assumed the player would buy a couple of potions from the local Academy's alchemists shop. Well the potion line up was changed in Equilibris and now that quest could only be done if the potions were found in medicine wagons or some other random treasure. As a mapmaker I would not leave any quest essential or otherwise to that type of random chance. So while any map can be played; not all quests may be achievable depending on the mapmaker. I have fixed that oversight, but that fully equilibris compatible version is not available as yet. I am continuing to play the entire campaign to see if any other such oversight was made. The original version does state it was never playtested using Equilibris.
What would be really cool is if in the next release of Equilibris mapmakers could edit the Blacksmith for specific items.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Equilibris”