Equilibris download help for a non tech. PC person...

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
flawton
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Equilibris download help for a non tech. PC person...

Unread postby flawton » 04 Jun 2006, 01:02

HI! New to the board... found this site looking for a way to play heroes5, but this Equilibris has me way more excited about continuing Heroes4.

But....

I've tried reading all the threads for download help. After downloading Equilibris, this is what I get;

some message about 'binkw32.dll'.

How can I get around this? I don't know my way around 'exe' files etc either, so be patient with me :S

I have the regular Heroes4 US version from 3do.

Thanks

timagalant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Er.

Unread postby timagalant » 04 Jun 2006, 10:27

Did you do everything instructed on Question 9 in
http://equilibris.celestialheavens.com/eng/faq.html
and you still have a problem?
Shouldn't cause a problem.
Never heard of a problem with a .dll

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Equilibris download help for a non tech. PC person...

Unread postby Dalai » 04 Jun 2006, 10:57

flawton wrote:some message about 'binkw32.dll'.
Hi.
I heared about this problem just couple of times. You should check if you have a file named 'binkw32.dll' (size=261120 bytes in my case) in the main Heroes-IV directory. If you need, I can just upload this file and you'll check if it solves your problem.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

flawton
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby flawton » 05 Jun 2006, 01:51

have a file named 'binkw32.dll' (size=261120 bytes in my case) in the main Heroes-IV directory. If you need, I can just upload this file and you'll check if it solves your problem.[/quote]

That's my problem... I wouldn't know what the directory is or where to look etc... do I have to download the 'binkw32.dll' file fron somewhere??? If you upload it, how do I get it? I told you I'm not very good with pc's ;|

Thanks[/quote]

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 05 Jun 2006, 07:59

flawton wrote: That's my problem... I wouldn't know what the directory is or where to look etc... do I have to download the 'binkw32.dll' file fron somewhere???
Ok, here is the step-by-step explanation. Find your Heroes shortcut which you use to launch a game. It can be on the Desktop or in Start->Programs menu. Right-click the shortcut. Choose 'Properties'. Properties window will open. Press 'Find target' button. Another Explorer window will open in Heroes-IV directory. Then go to 'View' menu, choose 'Details'. Search for 'binkw32.dll' and report what you find.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

flawton
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby flawton » 05 Jun 2006, 13:58

there appears to be a binkw32.dll file, 255kb listed as a application extention, last modified Jan. 28th, 2002.

Is this what you needed to know? There are lots of other files too....

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 08 Jun 2006, 09:07

File properties seem to be perfectly normal...
Does your ordinary Heroes-IV installation work? (start file 'heroes4.exe' from the same directory)
Try reinstaling Heroes-IV and then Equilibris (use FAQ - link in above posts)
PM me your e-mail if that does not help and error message remains the same.

Return to “Equilibris”