Lephrechauns (need adjustment in the next version, please!)

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Shhejtan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Lephrechauns (need adjustment in the next version, please!)

Unread postby Shhejtan » 03 Jun 2006, 02:08

i'm a diehard fan of Heroes Iv, and I'm aware of the power of nature, but my love for the usefull litlle buggers makes me yearn for just one little adjustment?

Cand the lephrecauns have another ability besides a one shot fortune? Or just a few spellpoint more? Having two fortunes to cast might make "fortune" obsolete as a spell, and it might not, but if it would, could they at least have some other spell? maybe a mass fortune when there is a whole lot of them? Or something else? Becasue both faeries and wolves are good even in the late game, but the one shot fortune just doesn't make the cut and it makes them oh so obsolete...

Why not make the little buggers just a little more usefull? They don't need much, please! Usefull creatures are what sets this game apart from the rest of the series, and I think nobody would be really bothered by that one little change...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Jun 2006, 02:56

I disagree.Leprechauns are among the most useful creatures.Summon them to get double defense and a meat shield.Thats what theyre used for,not for amasing them.They are mostly summon creatures,nothing more.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 03 Jun 2006, 03:36

DaemianLucifer wrote:I disagree.Leprechauns are among the most useful creatures.Summon them to get double defense and a meat shield.Thats what theyre used for,not for amasing them.They are mostly summon creatures,nothing more.
It would be nice if Lebrechauns could cast Fortune twice instead of just once. That would make them much a more desirable 1st Level Creature. I'm all for giving them something extra. Maybe they could give some gold (you know, from their "pot-o'-gold" at the end of the rainbow. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 03 Jun 2006, 09:32

HodgePodge wrote:Maybe they could give some gold (you know, from their "pot-o'-gold" at the end of the rainbow. :-D
I doubt they wish to share their treasure ;)

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 03 Jun 2006, 14:55

Since they can be summoned, making them cast Fortune twice would make them way too useful.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 09 Jun 2006, 18:57

^Agree with Crusard

IMO "body" for 2 mana + "fortune" is enough. You get Fortune doubling defence at basic nature:) For lev 1 guy it's a lot.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 09 Jun 2006, 19:01

I thought about leprechauns to be always lucky.

Return to “Equilibris”