Working--Common steps missed

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
dreadknought72
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Working--Common steps missed

Unread postby dreadknought72 » 28 May 2006, 15:02

Wonted to post this as others Ive read at various forums have gotton stuck at some point getting the mod to work. Heres what I did.

First install the camp_ed_sfx and heroes 4_sfx files by saving the files and then running them to create a new data file that is in the the MAIN Heroes 4 data file. Its a little confusing but you are creating a data file within the heroes 4 data file that is already there.

Then save and run the Equilbris mod itself (this also needs to be in the Main Heroes 4 data file) If this works properly you will see a Blue Shield Icon (the equilibris mod) in the Main data file.

At this point the Blue shield icon still wouldnt open (missing files).

You will then take the newly created data file and move it into the blue Icon and it should open. It did for me. This seems to make the final connection. Remember the new data file and Blue shield (equilibris mod) both need to be in the Main Heroes 4 data file created when you installed Heroes 4. Then you are putting the new data file into the mod icon.

Hope this helps, cant wait to play...... :D

timagalant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Thank you! :P

Unread postby timagalant » 28 May 2006, 15:54

Pfft dude I love you
How the hell did you figure that thing out?

dreadknought72
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Thank you! :P

Unread postby dreadknought72 » 28 May 2006, 17:18

timagalant wrote:Pfft dude I love you
How the hell did you figure that thing out?
Trial and error mainly and some luck. It helped that I was used to moving files around from the civ games .

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 28 May 2006, 21:30

I sorry but i don't understand what it do exactly... :(
You just can install all and play that mod no? 8|
Black Dragon...

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 29 May 2006, 08:02

Frankly, I didn't understand neither problem nor solution. Can you specify them once again?

And let's use common definitions: "data files" are located in Data folder and have .h4r extension. Executable files located in Heroes main dir and have .exe extension.

And comparing with guide in FAQ would also help to understand.

I ask you to do it because I may face similar questions from other players in future.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

dreadknought72
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dreadknought72 » 29 May 2006, 13:43

Hi Dalai, Let me try to explain and clarify. I just recently purchased the Heroes 4 complete game by Ubisoft. One of the main reasons was because I saw your mod posted at gamespot and later I came across this forum. I didnt really get into heroes 4 at all when it came out but seeing heroes 5 made me wont to go back and play this.

When I read the instructions for this mod it wasnt clear to me which of the extra files I needed with the main Equilibris file or into what files the downloads went. I installed the additional files into the data folder in heroes 4 and run them and then the main equilibris file also in the heroes 4 data file. I still couldnt get the blue icon (equilibris mod) to launch (said missing imporatant files) until I moved the newly created data files onto the blue icon. At this point the equilibris mod opens up for play and is ready to go. The new data file within the heroes4 main data file contains 3 folders (equil.hr4--storm.h4r---x2. h4r)

I posted these results mainly because I had read some posts by people who seemed to have the same type of problem , not being aware of/if this forum was still active. I really appreciate the mod and the work on it and likely just dont fully understand how the files for the mod are connected. Hope this helps....regards.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 29 May 2006, 14:37

First of all - did you see this FAQ, question 9?

And second - what do you mean by "until I moved the newly created data files onto the blue icon"? I'm confused :S Did you drag&drop some files on the desktop icon, or what? 8|
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

dreadknought72
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dreadknought72 » 29 May 2006, 17:32

Dalai wrote:First of all - did you see this FAQ, question 9?

I will try that---THX---

And second - what do you mean by "until I moved the newly created data files onto the blue icon"? I'm confused :S Did you drag&drop some files on the desktop icon, or what? 8|
The icon (for equilibris mod) shows up now in the heroes 4 new data folder after installing mod, if I drag the newly downloaded data file over that icon it opens up and works fine. The desktop icon still doesnt open, though I havnt tried dragging the new data folder over it.

Return to “Equilibris”