Race balance

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
LarkinVB
Peasant
Peasant

Race balance

Unread postby LarkinVB » 23 May 2006, 07:52

Are races balanced with equilibris ?

I'm no pro but I find that some races seem to be much stronger thasn others.
I play hotseat with a friend with some mixed in AI and find life the easiest race of all. With grandmaster resurrection and angels I can easily mob up the map with minimal losses.

Ranged attacks/flyers are much stronger than the usual close combat guys.
Therefore it is usually the same picks of units which gets a bit boring.

Will equilibris try to balance races ?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 23 May 2006, 08:02

The version that alredy exists balanced theme well.
And Equilibrius is made for balancing staff. Thats why it is called Balance Mod.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

iKossu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Race balance

Unread postby iKossu » 23 May 2006, 09:47

LarkinVB wrote:Are races balanced with equilibris ?
I'd say yes they are. Might might be a little weaker than the other but not much.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 23 May 2006, 21:43

you are right, actualy barbarians are weaker than others, the others are very good balanced now, good work equilibris team !!! :-D

ideas for strongest barb on multi player game

*some magic on their castle (scroll on the shop),
* unbarb heroes cost less than 2500 gold....
* better anti magic guilde (15-20 % by castle)....

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 May 2006, 10:36

pacobac wrote:you are right, actualy barbarians are weaker than others, the others are very good balanced now, good work equilibris team !!! :-D

ideas for strongest barb on multi player game

*some magic on their castle (scroll on the shop),
* unbarb heroes cost less than 2500 gold....
* better anti magic guilde (15-20 % by castle)....
Magic Scrolls in shops? Barbarians are pure might race with takes the number advantage. Adding spells to theme in any way would make theme half-might faction.
I think that Equi team should make the Breeding Pens cheaper and increase the effect of Magic Dempener.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 24 May 2006, 15:13

i say the only thing that barbs needs is that the magic resistence of the hero can also affect the creatures in smaller proportion, like

Basic-10%, then 15, then20,25, and 30 for grandmaster, or maybe 35

btw, are you considering to make the low lvl units more powerfull -to all factions-?? to reduce the depencency of high lvl ones??

btw i havent experiment a lot with necromancy, but the effectiveness of the raise skeletons is the same as vampires??, if yes, then why not make the rise esqueletons much better than vampires -or the vampires worse than skeletons- talking in hp of course, anyway guess that i must take a look again and compare the hps between both

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Might

Unread postby TheUnknown » 11 Jun 2006, 01:04

I too think might is a bit weak so what I'm proposing is to reduse the cost of breeding pens, more or less. More creatures helps angainst all factions but raising the power of the damper only helps angainst factions that have mostly curses or DD spells like death, order and chaos.
Might doesn't have magic and would be better instead of magic to have all the types of potions maybe and all the items in treir blacksmith or some other building. They have all might heroes from the other factions, so they shoud know their equipment :devious:
BTW I like the idea of some behemoths crashing the siege door with one hit.

RaveriusMax
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

this isnt really helpful, but a reply to the guy who thinks

Unread postby RaveriusMax » 06 Jul 2006, 17:24

life is strongest, chaos is pretty darn good with a thief starting hero, u get up to grandmaster stealth, and then u can walk around, and grab everything without any1 being able to catch u, so ur army doesnt deplete from fighting and death

timagalant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: this isnt really helpful, but a reply to the guy who thi

Unread postby timagalant » 08 Jul 2006, 17:52

RaveriusMax wrote:life is strongest, chaos is pretty darn good with a thief starting hero, u get up to grandmaster stealth, and then u can walk around, and grab everything without any1 being able to catch u, so ur army doesnt deplete from fighting and death
As they said, there is no "best allignment". And if you think there is, it's more of a matter of personality.
I happen to think nature is the best castle, so you see it's not really a universal "best".
I think it's pretty fairly balanced.

Return to “Equilibris”