New object created by HPfan online (almost :))

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 17 Apr 2006, 15:18

I can make new objects for the adventure map. If I make anything, will you put it in Equilibris?
I would like to make something - I think you will agree - more graphic maker, more objects, in other words - better.

Do you have something for me to make? I'll make it once you tell me what.

I don't understand why don't you allow all the people to help you. If you allowed all the graphics/programists to help you you would get plenty of new buildings and new objects for Equilbris...
Last edited by HPfan on 17 Apr 2006, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 21 Apr 2006, 21:56

If you need anything... just mail at kg@multisystem.com.pl
I hope I will be able to help you... I have even a(n) (good) idea for building, but I don't know if you want me to make it.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 22 Apr 2006, 00:48

We'd need to see sample of your work, why don't you make your building? If it's really good, it *will* be on Equilibris :D

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 22 Apr 2006, 08:32

Ok, Crusard. I'm going to make it. And even if its destination is not good in your appeal, you can get the very 3D object.
I just must do it :) It'll be hard because I'm simultaneously making it and playing equilirbis :D your game just drag me away the job :)

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 22 Apr 2006, 09:06

It will be "altar of replacement" ... and here's my idea how it would work:

1. you go to altar.
2. it says that you need to leave on it hero/money/artifact/creatures with total ...... life (depends on what you establish in map editor).
3. you don't know what you will get.
4. you leave what you was told to leave, and you get hero/money/artifact/creatures with total ...... life (depends on what you establish in map editor).

So that is a little like building with quest, but you don't know what you will be given.
What do you think about it, Crusard? In my imagination I saw such an altar with big figure standing on it. I will make it if you allow me to and if you can programme it so. That's not so hard (if I'm not wrong ;)

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 23 Apr 2006, 12:57

I don't know how it happened, but meanwhile I was thinking about the altar, I made this statue ;)
I'll make the altar too, but I involuntarily made this statue :)
Take it if you like:

http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 0017op.png
Maybe it will decrease your / enemy's morale? Such a "Destroyed statue"? Anyway I have no idea for destroyed statue's purpose ;)

It's .png and has alpha channel.

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 24 Apr 2006, 19:24

Ok, I made all the altar's 8 frames. I didn't want to put here all 8 frames, so I sent the building to Dalai (I didn't know your mail adress). Why don't you answer?

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 25 Apr 2006, 00:58

One thing, you might want to make your building from an isometric view (no perspective) with the following rotations: X=30º Y=45º Z=0º
The light should come from the south-east and project a shadow to the opposite side.

About the function for the objects, it's sometimes better to use them as a Quest Hut so map makers can use them for whatever they like. Also saves Lost a lot of work:)

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 25 Apr 2006, 13:44

1.But have you seen it?

2.OK, I just wanted to ask you about rotations :)

3.I don't think it should be Quest Object, because there's so many of them and I don't think there's need for any more of them. There should be more still object, especially that sometimes people forget about Quest, and they use only objects that was already created.

Yes, I didn't think over that... It could be actually done by Quest... But It can have had other destination. The best would be something that you can't make in Quest.

I have idea!!! "Altar of toughness". It would give your hero extra 10 life points. There's no buildings that give you life in the Equilibris!!

OK I must improve angle in both buildings.

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 25 Apr 2006, 14:53

http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 0018ck.png

That's this building... Anything more you want to say? Tell me. When you say it's perfect I will make its frames. And then building's ready to put in Equilibris :D

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 25 Apr 2006, 17:18

The colours may be too blazingly vivid to really fit into the Heroes IV graphics system.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 25 Apr 2006, 18:11

You should make your graphics as tgas and try them on screenshots to see how they would look ingame :D

Anyway about the object's funcion, it's easier when there's already an object with that function. I'm not really sure, but I think there's already an object that provides additional HP till next battle in the original heroes :proud:

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 25 Apr 2006, 20:00

Yes it is, but that's not permanent! That's just for next battle. I meant it will permanently give you extra 10 point of life. I think that would be great. There should be also building that gives you permanently extra (for example) 5 to attack (I don't know how it's called in English, but I mean this first attack (where's fist) not second (crossed swords).

OK but tell me anyway, WILL it be in Equilibris? You haven't told me that yet...
OK I'm making screenshot.

Edit:
10 Minutes later:
DONE: That's link:
http://img173.imageshack.us/my.php?ima ... t25in.jpg
Last edited by HPfan on 26 Apr 2006, 09:11, edited 1 time in total.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 26 Apr 2006, 01:01

Doesn't look right, reminds me of H3 ;|
Check the angles and FOV...

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 26 Apr 2006, 09:28

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 26 Apr 2006, 15:28

That's better, but try to change the materials and textures, the current ones are too plastic and unrealistic. You should also add some details such as frames, maybe humanoid or angel-like statues on top of the columns, conic columns on the top... all that.
Last edited by Crusard on 26 Apr 2006, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 26 Apr 2006, 16:52

heh maybe make a draft... I will end it in the next year if I will still improve everything because I understood something wrong or for any other reasons... or better go to any chat. Then I will be able to ask you what do you mean.

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 27 Apr 2006, 00:10

nice work HPfan :tsup: all it needs is a little more detail and then it would be perfect
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 27 Apr 2006, 08:25

Nice work HPfan.
I think that Crusard is just testing you.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 27 Apr 2006, 15:17

Nice work, but I also think that it needs some polishing. Compare the level of details in other objects, you'll see what I mean. The Library on the screenshot for example. But nice work, keep it up!

Return to “Equilibris”